Sign in to follow this  
elaaidi

PMDG download speed??

so i am on a new computer trying to reinstall all my PMDG products but it says they are gonna take over 4 hours to download, they are only downloading at 86kb/s when my speed is in fact 150mb/s down and upload

any idea as to why this is happening?? its only the PMDG download everything else from other sites are downloading at a very fast speed. any help would be appreciated

There can be cable works in your area or multiple users on your network. Multiple things that can cause lower download speeds.

no one on my internet but me, no cable works in the area cause i am able to download from steam at a vert high speed. its only the PMDG site where the download is slow

7 minutes ago, Ber2310 said:

Same here! 

Try to download the 747 at 55kb/s ...

thats exactly what i am doing. 747 and 737

• Like 1

PMDG uses Amazon Worldwide Cloud servers.... the bottleneck is not at that end.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 minute ago, downscc said:

well it's not my end cause in the time it took my pmdg 737 which is about 600mb if not more i managed to download over 20 of my sceneries some of which are over a gig so good luck trying to convince me that its my problem when its working for so many other websites just fine but not pmdg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elaaidi said:

well it's not my end cause in the time it took my pmdg 737 which is about 600mb if not more i managed to download over 20 of my sceneries some of which are over a gig so good luck trying to convince me that its my problem when its working for so many other websites just fine but not pmdg

I'm not trying to convince you of anything my friend.... fact is PMDG doesn't have it's own servers. They are in the Amazon cloud.

Dan Downs KCRP

Try a couple of things.  First run something like "Speed Test" to determine available download speeds.  Choose a location that's distant to get a feel for the overall backbone speed.  Install something like Internet Download Manager https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

which takes advantage of the ability to run several simultaneous streams which speed up the download considerably.  

Finally, reboot everything to make sure that you don't have a internal compatibility problem, i.e. running your connection half-duplex   should be full-duplex.

Jim Driskell 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

14 hours ago, elaaidi said:

After such a big download I‘d reboot my router first... and check that I don‘t have any provider restrictions... temporary internet files may be full... sth like that... PMDG downloads can‘t be slow actually, as amazon servers manage themselves for max dl speed... 

14 hours ago, elaaidi said:

As Dan wrote our installers are on Amazon Cloud. There are no reported outages on their infrastructure.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

On 10/28/2018 at 2:27 PM, downscc said:

So nothing PMDG can do about that ? Really? It´s a shame PMDG doesn't have it's own servers.

They sell one of the most expensive addons for FlightSim and uses a terrible download service (back to the 90's dialup ) for customers to download the program for which they paid A LOT and it's NOT their fault. Google: "PMDG slow download", and see how many posts are there about it and that´s our fault ??

OK then...

Hamilton Müller