Sign in to follow this  
Strahinja

Microsoft Flight in 2018.

Hello dear MS Flight pilots!

It's been 6 years since Flight was cancelled, right? I still remember like it was yesterday when I desperately tried hundreds of times to activate game without knowing it's dead. Xbox Live Store was still active back then but Flight and GFWL where closed little bit earlier I guess, but it doesn't even matter now.

Then I discovered Flight Toolkit, it was long time ago as well, I found it when 1st or 2nd version where actual. I remember that I even reported problem with Aerocaches preview pictures, that was fixed almost immediately so kinda thanks to my report everyone could see little pictures of where are Aerocaches placed, I would also like to say thanks to Stonelance, sry I am not 100% sure but I think Flight Toolkit it's made by him and without him no one would have access to full content of this game still today. Thank you so much sir!

Now, I have just few questions if you guys would like to help me.

1.Is still by any chance possible to ask someone to generate Flight Product Codes so at least this Avsim community can make Multiplayer parties, do challanges, hunt Aerocaches together... or Flight, Flight's servers and GFWL are 100% dead and there is no way to bring this game to life ever again or play MP still today? 😞 This is surely best Flight sim game ever, for me at least, I am not really into extreme simulation with huge planes taking passengers across the world, we already have X-plane, FSX, Prepar3d... but MS Flight was a little masterpeace (in my opinion) where you could fly across beautiful scenery (Hawaii is just gorgeous place for flight sim, Alaska is great too!), with simple but very detailed planes together with friends doing jobs or Aerocache hunt. Flight have great music, effects, weather, even have option to get out of plane and walk free arround plane, to houses, to beach where you saved lost kayaker and many more locations. It's super relaxing game so you can set your mind free for hours basicaly relaxing to this game, personally with FSX or X-plane and other extreme simulated games I just feel intense, it's hard game, it wants your attention all the time like you are flying real plane and people behind you, but Flight is just amazing!

2.About Aerocaches connected to Flight Toolkit, can I somehow delete those Aerocaches that are displayed when Toolkit active? I noticed some bizarre ones like Shanghai Aerocache and many more of them I forgot names, don't get me wrong, it's great because you guys are making Aerocaches for this game, I really support that but 1st I would like to finish all of stock Aerocaches that Hawaii and Alaska have and then I will definitelly activate other ones, as well as other Add-ons from Toolkit so I can continue playing game with content you guys made, but 1st I would as I said like to know how I can disable them, for limited time.

3."Show Pending Aerocaches", what is that? Can someome tell me more about them?

That's all I have to ask for now, eventually I will post more questions and thanks in advance to anyone who reply to me here and tell me what you guys think about this game now in 2018. Do you still play it, do you miss this game, what you think about Dovetail's FSW which is dead as well, right? I was so hyped about their game, I thought our old MS Flight was about to get reborn, but nothing similar like this game haven't happend for 6 years already. 😞

Thanks again guys, all the best!

P.S. Sorry for very long topic/post/question! 😄

Hi

1. You can fly multiplayer if you choose NonGFWL-mode in flight tools. There are some (multi) players still around, but not too many though.

2. ?

3. They are aerocaches made by fellow fliers.

This 'game' still is one of the most realistic after almost 7 years.

-eelis-

12 hours ago, eelis said:

Hi

1. You can fly multiplayer if you choose NonGFWL-mode in flight tools. There are some (multi) players still around, but not too many though.

Sorry, I should have said that choosing Official GFWL-mode, you can still fly multiplayer.

-eelis-

On 11/12/2018 at 8:32 PM, eelis said:

2. ?

About Aerocaches I was thinking about those that are part of Toolkit because they are locked and their locations are "Unknown", I guess I would need to download rest of Toolkit Add-ons that are expanding Flight's map. But for now I only want to catch default ones, that's why I asked if I just can hide all of them made after Flight's closure.

Do you maybe know how much Aerocaches Flight have? There are 26 of those which are locked by the way. And when "Show Pending Aerocaches" is enabled only new one I see is *Pending* Blank (which I can't catch), I guess that when Pending Aerocaches are enabled THEN those extra 26 should appear. You told me Pending Aerocaches should show Aerocaches from our fellow fliers, but as I said, only one new appear.

Sadly, when I found out Flight it was already about to die, so, I had no chance to buy it. Does it means there is no way I could play Multiplayer in 2018? Only thing I could do is to idk, borrow someones Microsoft Account in order to play MP, but I would never ask someone for that, and it's forbiden probably.

1. No, i don't think even anyone at MS knows how to do that any more.

2. Not that i know of, but maybe there is a way to filter the list to just the content you are using?

3. Pending aerocaches are aerocaches that people on these forums have added but haven't been "approved" yet.  They are there so people can test that they are showing up in the right place, but not collectible until they become approved.  I'm not aware of any being added since last time I approved some, but I haven't looked either.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:32 PM, eelis said:

Hi

2. ?

3. They are aerocaches made by fellow fliers.

This 'game' still is one of the most realistic after almost 7 years.

-eelis-

I still miss the old days of MS Flight when there was lots of multi player activity. As for the Aerocaches, I had submitted around 25 to Microsoft under (Air1)  that are still in the game. I have been on the hunt again as of late. I do agree with you about the overall realistic nature of the sim. It always has been vastly underappreciated. 

• Like 1

IMO Microsoft Flight was the best Flight Simulator ever made up to date.

i’ll gladly trade my 3-4 thousand  dollars investment in either P3D or FSX  for a full MS  Flight PNW or Caribbean Flight Scenery Package.

It had the best flight model ever made. And most importantly to me, the must fun I ever had while enjoying a flight simulator.

I  hope that MS2020 offers the same or better flight feeling:

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 3

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say the best ever made, but it was so much better in some aspects than what was around.  If they had given users what they wanted, and done the wohole world with the same quality as the areas completed, it would have been a fantastic sim!

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I'm hoping Microsoft uses what it learned in Flight and applies it to the new MFS. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the hours spent in Flight and hope for more with the new sim.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals