Sign in to follow this  
Manuel1989

FMCZ, FMEE runway elevation problem B777, B738

For the landing on Rwy 14 at FMEE, would it help to see what happens from the Control Tower viewpoint?

Also, if you position the aircraft on the ground at the very threshhold of Rwy 14 and taxi along the runway, does anything happen?

Dugald Walker

Have you tried deleting ARPT_RWY.dat in the PMDG Nav Data folder?It will rebuild itself. Deleting this file has been known to resolve terrain issues.

ARPT_RWY.dat is a file generated by PMDG software from the nav data, so might explain "PMDG only" terrain issues.

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg

On 11/14/2018 at 5:16 PM, Nuno Pinto said:

I have everything set to maximum, including mesh resolution,

On 11/13/2018 at 10:11 AM, Manuel1989 said:

If you have a solution to this problem, I will be very grateful

I experienced this behaviour at SCIP freeware by Carlyle Sharpe. The solution is to set the mesh resolution to 10m (5m is not enough).

Edited by CaptainLars

In mesh resolution, the less you have, the better. 10m is lower resolution than 5m. I have it set at maximum, so 1 meter IIRC.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

In mesh resolution, the less you have, the better. 10m is lower resolution than 5m. I have it set at maximum, so 1 meter IIRC.

Right. And yet 5m is not a resolution low enough to avoid the crash at the threshold. Try 10m.

These invisible 'crash boxes' can be a pain. had a few myself. If you take off in the opposite direction does the same crash occur same place? I know you say only PMDG but do you have any GA aircraft preferably small and light that you can fly in tight circles around the problem area to see if you can trigger it?

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK