DaveH

Keeping FSX Loaded

Recommended Posts

My FSX-SE loads slowly.  Is it OK to leave FSX paused and minimized all the time to keep loading time down ?

Dave Hinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I kept FSX running days at a time un-paused and maximized, but eventually it gives up, especially if you're running real weather and a lot of AI traffic. But if you're flying default GA planes to default GA airports it may run for a few days depending on your system. 

Edited by pracines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaveH said:

My FSX-SE loads slowly.  Is it OK to leave FSX paused and minimized all the time to keep loading time down ?

Dave Hinson

A few weeks ago it literally took me two weeks to complete a flight. I had FSX paused for the better part of the two weeks and it was fine when I unpaused it. Leaving it running for that amount of time might cause issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

A few weeks ago it literally took me two weeks to complete a flight. I had FSX paused for the better part of the two weeks and it was fine when I unpaused it. Leaving it running for that amount of time might cause issues.

why  wouldn't  you  just  use the  save  option at all if  you knew  it  would  take  2  weeks  to  complete the  flight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul , if it is paused is not running and taking up memory ?

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

why  wouldn't  you  just  use the  save  option at all if  you knew  it  would  take  2  weeks  to  complete the  flight

Simply because I’ve paused the sim in the past for anywhere from a few days to almost a month one time and had no issues when I unpaused it. Using the FSUIPC VAS monitoring option, letting it sit paused for extended periods has not shown any VAS increase or decrease on my system. Letting it run for days on end can cause issues though.

I don’t need that computer for anything other than FSX, so having it paused for weeks doesn’t make any difference since I use other systems for email, web, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now