Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

P3D 4.4 Texture (layering) issues?

22 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I ran the P3D Content Error reporting tool, but that didn't raise anything related to scenery, terrain or texture conflicts

What about the order of entries in the scenery library? Anything look unusual (like having ORBX entries at higher priorities than 3rd party airports)?

It's possible that terrain.cfg got muddled up somehow but except for ORBX, most add-ons don't tinker with that file. Twenty6's suggestion is worth a shot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

What about the order of entries in the scenery library? Anything look unusual (like having ORBX entries at higher priorities than 3rd party airports)?

It's possible that terrain.cfg got muddled up somehow but except for ORBX, most add-ons don't tinker with that file. Twenty6's suggestion is worth a shot. 

No, the library order layering is all logical and as per Orbx tutorials.

27 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Erich,

Try rebuilding a new "terrain.cfg" located in %ProgramData%.

Rename "terrain.cfg". Start P3D to the scenario screen then shut down. Start FTX Central and let it do its thing then shut it down. Delete shaders in your AppData\Local directory.

Run P3D to see if there's a difference. Not familiar with your scenery, some might have also written to the "terrain.cfg" and have to be reinstalled.

I went through those routines when i was having issues with the modular installations over the weekend, but haven't deleted the terrain.cfg with the new install yet.   I'll try this sequence out tonight. Thanks.

Various ORBX packages add a bunch of landclass and vector types to terrain.cfg. A few other 3rd party add-ons do so. Some examples are Tongass Fiords and Return to Misty Moorings. But most 3rd party scenery doesn't modify terrain.cfg. Once one deletes it, any scenery package that relies on the modified version of the file will not work correctly. Also there is no mechanism in place to prevent two scenery installers from different developers from updating the same entry in terrain.cfg.

• Like 1

I had same problem over Spain and over Germany. Don't know the solution to that

6 minutes ago, mulgrave said:

I had same problem over Spain and over Germany. Don't know the solution to that

What problem specifically?  Base layer low res, photo textures .  Only over Spain, Germany, or are those the only locations you tested?  Including addon airports?

I have the same issue in asia 

parts of land textures all whited out.

Bud that needs to be addressed 

Hi,

I only tested flights over Spain and Germany. Get same blue and brown textures on the grounds as in pics submitted by Erich.

Software:  Orbx FTX Global, FTX Germany, OPEN LC EU and Vector,  FS Global Ultimate,., PTA for P3dV4.4, active sky P3dV4.4 beta, Envtex, ASCA, PMDG planes

Spec:Win10 pro, I7 8700K CPU, GTX 1080TI, 4K Monitor ( running at 30 Hz resolution), 32Gb ram

4 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Erich,

Try rebuilding a new "terrain.cfg" located in %ProgramData%.

Rename "terrain.cfg". Start P3D to the scenario screen then shut down. Start FTX Central and let it do its thing then shut it down. Delete shaders in your AppData\Local directory.

Run P3D to see if there's a difference. Not familiar with your scenery, some might have also written to the "terrain.cfg" and have to be reinstalled.

Jay

I've tried all of these steps now, in the sequence you have suggested, but unfortunately no dice.

Would posting my terrain.cfg or scenery.cfg here assist anyone in spotting anything wrong?

I'm a bit lost as to where next.  

Starting over.  Clean install, but the rest tomorrow.

Might be a big PITA but when you reinstall your sceneries, do them in small blocks and test after each install. Perhaps you can narrow it down before installing ALL the scenery.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Erich,

I had a similar issue with floating tress and buildings after a clean full install. Going to the Add-On menu in the P3D start up page, I saw that the Orbx objectflow2 add-on was not enabled (despite running FTX Central 3 to reinstall the Orbx libraries, Global, NA and Europe LC...)

I checked the box to enable, clicked OK and my issues were resolved. 

Hope you find a solution to your issue soon,

Scott

• Like 1

Scott Brown

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg  

I saw that you decided on a clean install. Anyway, I don't think posting either cfg file here would help as you would also have to post your two add-ons.cfg files.

The terrain.cfg file has a lot of entries, often thousands and one would have to compare it to the default version to see what got added.

10 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Might be a big PITA but when you reinstall your sceneries, do them in small blocks and test after each install. Perhaps you can narrow it down before installing ALL the scenery.

Vic

It is a big PITA but seems to be necessary this time around. I usually do intermittent P3D starts after each clump of installs so that the new scenery can index etc

This is my usual order of installation from a clean P3D 

FTX Global

Orbx Vector

Restart and check P3D

OrbxLC (EU, NA, SA)

FTX Trees

Libs

Restart and check P3D

Active Sky

PTA

FSUIPC

Restart and check P3D

Aircraft (pmdg, fsl)

Restart and check P3D

FLAI

Airports

Restart and check P3D

.I didn't notice anything odd until i got to the airports installs this time.

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Anyway, I don't think posting either cfg file here would help as you would also have to post your two add-ons.cfg files.

Agree.  I gave up on that idea after I looked at them myself.

There seems to be something not right somewhere and I'm unsure what the problem is. I have encountered a similar thing with photoscenery textures, where they were overexposed and very bright. I did a reinstall of the client after uninstalling the cfg and shaders with no improvement. It was only after I reinstalled a backup of the previous V4.3 and then did an update with client to V4.4 that the issue disappeared. The problem is, not knowing what caused it in the first place means it may well reappear  https://ibb.co/xqYHfSp]2.jpg

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776