Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chock

Droning on...

It looks like the police have arrested a man and a woman in connection with the drone activity. As this is the UK they'll probably only get points added to their non existent drone licence and some light community service.Glad that's all over with, I'll be very interested to hear their motivation.

In other good news, my wife has made it home, I can have my turkey dinner after all !

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

43 minutes ago, jon b said:

It looks like the police have arrested a man and a woman in connection with the drone activity. As this is the UK they'll probably only get points added to their non existent drone licence and some light community service.Glad that's all over with, I'll be very interested to hear their motivation.

In other good news, my wife has made it home, I can have my turkey dinner after all !

If I was the judge I'd be recommending hanging, drawing and quartering if they're found guilty! :biggrin:

Glad to hear your wife has made it home Jon. My best wishes to you and your family for a happy Christmas and a successful 2019.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you, and to you and yours Ray. I hope you're enjoying your new PC.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

6 minutes ago, jon b said:

Thank you, and to you and yours Ray. I hope you're enjoying your new PC.

Thanks Jon. A few minor glitches and one major problem resolved this morning. It was worth waiting for. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm just surmising here.

He could get away with it. His boss has given him an Alibi on all the dates and times the drone was up

All the cops SO FAR have got is a guy packing up a drone  near an airport. Without any CCTV, DNA, or actual evidence. Interesting to see what the CPS say in 24 hours they've got to charge or release (I know I apologise I've watched too many episodes of 24 hours in police custody) a good lawyer could get him off here. 

14ppkc-6.png

To be honest it doesn't seem this guy and his wife were the culprits.

The "drones" on his possession were RC helicopters not the ones spotted around Gatwick (I have seen some of the videos posted on media), his RC vehicles cannot fly that high and so far away.

The couple were released this morning, what I don't get / like is how come news papers like the Sun were posting pictures of this couple without the police confirming they were guilty, now innocent people have their pictures all over the place, I am sure their are receiving dead threats and their lives will be ruined for no reason.

The guy has 2 children, his wife do not fly RC vehicles, I find it totally irresponsibly how journalists jumped the gun on this one and they will get away with it.. Disgusting..

Regards 

S.

Signature3.png

Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/XC82TqvKQ3

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

The couple were released this morning, what I don't get / like is how come news papers like the Sun were posting pictures of this couple without the police confirming they were guilty, now innocent people have their pictures all over the place, I am sure their are receiving dead threats and their lives will be ruined for no reason.

Yes i agree, shocking but unfortunately predictable behaviour from our tabloid papers.  If they are innocent I really hope that he sues the living daylights out of them.  This type of guilty until proven innocent or trial by the Press is sadly all to common in the UK now.

In any case we can now expect a whole truck load of ill thought out legislation restricting the use/ownership of drones by the general public that will do absolutely nothing about criminal use; whilst simultationously unrestricting what the state can do.

Ian R Tyldesley

40 minutes ago, simbol said:

The guy has 2 children, his wife do not fly RC vehicles, I find it totally irresponsibly how journalists jumped the gun on this one and they will get away with it.. Disgusting..

It always used to be the convention not to name anyone until they had been charged and the police normally (but not always) do not release names until that point either.

However in recent times social media in particular has changed that: it is unfair to entirely blame the press as there comes a point where it is verging on the ridiculous for the press to pretend that the identity of the arrested person is unknown when the names are common knowledge and being freely being bandied around by their readers/viewers on Twitter/Facebook et al.

50 minutes ago, skelsey said:

It always used to be the convention not to name anyone until they had been charged and the police normally (but not always) do not release names until that point either.

However in recent times social media in particular has changed that: it is unfair to entirely blame the press as there comes a point where it is verging on the ridiculous for the press to pretend that the identity of the arrested person is unknown when the names are common knowledge and being freely being bandied around by their readers/viewers on Twitter/Facebook et al.

I disagree, whilst what you say is almost certainly the case with the Super Injuctions and celebraties (and their varouis infidelities); the press has recently also decided that it should be judge, jury and excecutioner, look at what happened with Cliff Richard and others.  These people were by all accounts arrested because they had an interest in remote controlled aircraft, another example of the ongoing UK prosecution of 'Thought Crime'.

Ian R Tyldesley

The sad part about this saga is that the real criminals behind these events remain undiscovered. I don't know just how effective these military "jammers" are at stopping drones in their tracks, but it is entirely possible that the perpetrators could simply move to a different airport, and start messing about again.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

32 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The sad part about this saga is that the real criminals behind these events remain undiscovered. I don't know just how effective these military "jammers" are at stopping drones in their tracks, but it is entirely possible that the perpetrators could simply move to a different airport, and start messing about again.

Yea, however it seems the military managed to catch one drone and according to BBC they will perform all sort of forensics to it.

So hopefully they will get some finger prints or DNA from it that can give the police more clues to follow.

S.

Signature3.png

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Yea, however it seems the military managed to catch one drone and according to BBC they will perform all sort of forensics to it.

So hopefully they will get some finger prints or DNA from it that can give the police more clues to follow.

S.

there will probably be far more digital evidence than physical!  past flight tracks, connection data, 'home' locations...expect that to be physically and temporally interlaced with cell site data and other digital forensics...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

22 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

there will probably be far more digital evidence than physical!  past flight tracks, connection data, 'home' locations...expect that to be physically and temporally interlaced with cell site data and other digital forensics...

Ha! I didn't think about that! Good catch.

Regards 

Simbol 

Signature3.png

6 hours ago, simbol said:

To be honest it doesn't seem this guy and his wife were the culprits.

The "drones" on his possession were RC helicopters not the ones spotted around Gatwick (I have seen some of the videos posted on media), his RC vehicles cannot fly that high and so far away.

Regards 

S.

Don't forget simbol you and me paid 5.4 million quid for the leveson Inquiry to stop this sort of thing. 

I hope these 2 people will take the msm to court. 

West Sussex police are not really at fault here, they made an arrest, pursued a line of inquiry and let them go.  You can't stop leaks in a case like this but surely there has to be more press regulation (as deemed from Leveson) to stop the MSM blasting their pictures everywhere and being in contemp of court all the time as Tommy Robinson as mentioned. 

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, skelsey said:

Absolute rubbish. then why not name people in all the child grooming cases then?? We both know the reasons why. 

Piers Morgan and the msm can quite happily destroy these 2 peoples lives because they believe because the police think 'they have their man' so that's reason and evidence enough to write a front page hit piece on them. 

As much as Robinson is a nasty piece of work, he's right about the msm deciding whats morally and ethically right reporting. 

14ppkc-6.png

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.