Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Hyperthreading off works great!

32 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

No AM applied at this time.   I would surely try it but I wouldn't know where to start with it.  I think once in the past I may have tried "253" with marginal success.

It's a mysterious thing, kinda like Voodoo.. 😁

But seriously, it took me many months to find the more or less perfect AM that gave me the smoothest and most stutter free performance. Try 4095, if it doesn't work, try playing those numbers in your local lottery...🤣

FWIW, most of the guru's around here seem to agree...If you are going to run HT "on" then you should probably be using an AM...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

OK.   I will give that AM a try.  And now that I think about it I recently bumped up the AA from MSAA to 2xSSAA.  That's probably what has produced my micro-stutter... I'll try backing that back to MSAA.

Thanks!

A 2080ti should be able to handle 4xSSAA easily.. did you do the "delete shaders" bit when you installed it?

Bert

Just now, SunDevil56 said:

It's a mysterious thing, kinda like Voodoo.. 😁

But seriously, it took me many months to find the more or less perfect AM that gave me the smoothest and most stutter free performance. Try 4095, if it doesn't work, try playing those numbers in your local lottery...🤣

FWIW, most of the guru's around here seem to agree...If you are going to run HT "on" then you should probably be using an AM...

Nice try, but he is running a quad core CPU, so 4095 does not apply :unsure:

Bert

27 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

Hi Sundevil-

I'll certainly take a look at it ...anything I can do to help the cause. I do have reservation on the bench as I am limited on the bench marks I can run - Win7 with no DirectX 12.

Just run it, you might be pleasantly surprised...😎

You could always run the Unigine Valley bench, it's a bit dated, but I believe it supports DirectX versions under 12...   https://benchmark.unigine.com/valley?lang=en

I just gotta tell ya... I don't know how useful these Unigine "benchies" are to us as flight sim enthusiasts, but the hard core FPS and racing gamer's just love them, and they are screamingly fun to watch... 😁

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The local lottery then... lol   My bad...

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

It should - it's enabling every core. I expect an AM of 65535 would have the same effect, as would 255. 🙂

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

It should - it's enabling every core. I expect an AM of 65535 would have the same effect, as would 255. 🙂

Cheers!

:unsure:

That was not really the intent.. enabling every core is the default if there is no AM set..

Bert

On 1/4/2019 at 9:28 PM, westman said:

wy i run 10cores instead of 12 its  for get more cashe per core, and tthe sytem run as i want , you dont know how i set up the cores for P3D 

you do your sim and i do mine , end of discusion

Westman, how about running 8 cores instead of 12, you'd get even more cache per core, wouldn't you? Some say that just 6 cores is enough for prepar3D.exe, and that will get you even more cache.

PS: 8 cores (out of your 12 available) for Prepar3D.exe sounds like a reasonable number cache-wise?

Edited by Dirk98

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Westman, how about running 8 cores instead of 12, you'd get even more cache per core, wouldn't you? Some say that just 6 cores is enough for prepar3D.exe, and that will get you even more cache.

PS: 8 cores (out of your 12 available) for Prepar3D.exe sounds like a reasonable number cache-wise?

first a run 10cores , at 5.1ghz all 10 cores synced it what worked best for me, tested to run it on 5 up to 12cores active no HT i prefer 5.1ghz 10cores  before my 8700k 5.5ghz 6core cpu ht off or 5.3ghz ht on.for my main sim PC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

A 2080ti should be able to handle 4xSSAA easily.. did you do the "delete shaders" bit when you installed it?

My thoughts also Bert. I Run a 1080ti and while I can see a performance hit with 8xSSAA, there is no performance benefit in running anything less than 4xSSAA.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

In my case, the affinity mask tweak never completely suppressed the stutters, however after placing HT=OFF I could achieve two things: first, make an overclock of 4900Mhz on my 7700K processor without high temperatures (currently around 65-70, with HT=ON they reached 90) ) and second, disappear the stutters completely. I know that each case is unique, but this is what happened in my case, only with HT OFF. Finally, FPS due to OC rose from around 30 to around 50 in the 738 PMDG virtual cockpit.

• Like 2

Mario
------------
Hardware: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero + AMD 5900X, G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32Gb DDR4 3200MHz, MSI RTX 3080 Ti
Software: Windows 11, Prepar3D v5.3HF2

after reading thru this whole thread I checked to see if I had ht on which I have i don't have a am set and I get good performance running vsync on fps locked at 31 monitor 30hz refresh, so I switched ht off but I got some stuttering so I enabled ht on I would like to try a am but don't know what number to set for my 7700 cpu any recommendations.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

3 hours ago, jimimac said:

I would like to try a am but don't know what number to set for my 7700 cpu any recommendations.

Do you use add-ons running beside the sim?  If so, which ones?

Greg

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

Don't use an AM - let the OS and P3D duke it out.

Cheers
bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER