Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

Vertx Diamond DA62 questions - chocks & covers? paint kit?

I am really enjoying the superb realism and the excellent quality of the visual model on the Diamond, though I have only done two flights to date, and have yet to explore all details of the manual (or those supplied from Diamond or Garmin!).

However, I have only had this aircraft for one day and have a few questions which some longer users may be able to help with:

1. is there a feature to set chocks, tie-downs, or engine, cockpit & pitot covers for this aircraft?

2. is there a mode/setting where the pilot disappears from a cold and dark cockpit?

3. is there a feature to attach an external power supply?

4. is there a paint kit available anywhere yet?  or has there been any announcement about plans for one?  (I have been able to change registrations numbers, but would love to be able to do more than that).

Any help would be welcomed!

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by ozzieblr
typo

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Hi Brian

1 - no

2 - no

3 - yes, see page 33 user guide (access via DA62 config tool)

4 - no. No schedule so far 😎

Wish you a lot of fun with your new toy!

Cheers

Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Thanks Rudi.  Yep - I'm having loads of fun with it, and will do for many years, I am sure - the best-presented GA model I have seen so far.

It would be nice to have a few of the additional features I asked about, but non of them is a deal-breaker.  I found the aux power switch and that will make ground work easier (planning the next flight, etc.), as the battery runs flat fairly quickly if anything significant is not switched off.  I am surprised though, that there is no physical evidence outside the aircraft that ground power has been connected.

The paint kit, however, would be really great to have, and given that the Vertx artists must have created one to paint the models included in the purchase, it should not be hard or time-consuming to prepare one for end-users.

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 2

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Also searched for a paintkit.

But it seems it is in general very quiet now about Vertx Sim. There is still no forum, no info if this bird is still in development, if there is something else is coming.....

• Upvote 1

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Yes - I've changed the registration number to one of my own already … did you change these colours using colour balance, or using hue/saturation?  Its a nice combination, BTW!

What I'd really like to do is create a different scheme altogether - and a paint kit is certainly required for that job.

From what I've seen in other posts about Vertx and not receiving any replies from the support email ( I have not interior sounds)

The developer is having real world issues that of course take priority.

I'm hoping he/she gets that resolved and support, some updates, and a paint kit would be forthcoming.

Ron

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ozzieblr said:

Yes - I've changed the registration number to one of my own already … did you change these colours using colour balance, or using hue/saturation?  Its a nice combination, BTW!

Thank you! 🙂

I put vector-masked layers with layer blending over them in Photoshop, so the details could show through. You could also use the Replace Color in Ps for some colors (it doesnt always do a nice job, so you have to experiment on a duplicate layer).

-Buffy

Hello everyone, 

I purchase this wonderful bird yestarday and despite everything I've read on this forum (abandonware, no support etc...) I must say that everything works very good in my opinion and such as every A2A addon this is a must have. 

Anyway I read there is no paint kit, but I'm happy with the livery present in this addon. Anyway I would like to modify little things via Photoshop such as registration. I tried to change a couple of time replacing it with my favourite registration code, but when I upload the modified one a reflection of the old one remain in background (to clarify: my registration is embedded on the plane correctly but I've the old one as shadow). 

Do you guys know why? I modify all files of the livery and via photoshop the old registration is not present but I continue to see when i load the aircraft on the sim. 

Every suggestion and help is very appreciated. 

Many thanks and warm regards,

Dan 

Hi Tim, 

thanks for your answer. Yes I already edit the specular map but the old registration remain when I upload the Vertx on the Sim. I don't know why. This is the first time this happen. It seems sim continue to read the old specular instead the new one. 

No, i don't know what is it the alpha channel. Can you explain me please? Probably is this the mistake i continue to do...

The alpha channel basically controls the reflectivity of the normal and specular map. You can find in the Photoshop Channels tab. From there you can edit it like a normal texture. The only specialty is that it's only gray-scale colors. So in order to get the new registration to display correctly you have to edit the normal and specular map as well as both alpha channels. I hope this helps you further.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080