Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Upcoming: QualityWings 787

Folks,

I'm happy to announce my official collaboration with QualityWings!

The next version of Remote Server will support the QW 787 lower MFD/MFK (basically the "MCDU" keypad including the screen and touch-screen). For the first time, you'll not only be able to remote control the FMS but also replicate the MFD with all it's functionality on your mobile device. Yes - you can display the ND or any other display option you have within the virtual cockpit of the lower MFD!

Oh and by the way, the QW 787 EFB will also be supported! So if you have already purchased the EFB license for PMDG's 747-8, it will also be valid for the QW787 EFB.

The implementation on my side is done and all we need to wait for is for QW to release their update.

qw787-remotecdu.jpg

Happy flying

Mark

Edited by marcom
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Looking forward to the possibility of having the MCDU on my Ipad.

But what excactly does "So if you have already purchased the EFB license for PMDG's 747-8, it will also be valid for the QW787 EFB" mean?

Do we need to have the PMDG to use the QW's EFB on an Ipad, and what kind of license are you talking about? 

I don't own or wish to buy the PMDG stuff, so I hope the EFB can be used without having to buy it

Jlund

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

19 minutes ago, jlund said:

Looking forward to the possibility of having the MCDU on my Ipad.

But what excactly does "So if you have already purchased the EFB license for PMDG's 747-8, it will also be valid for the QW787 EFB" mean?

Do we need to have the PMDG to use the QW's EFB on an Ipad, and what kind of license are you talking about? 

I don't own or wish to buy the PMDG stuff, so I hope the EFB can be used without having to buy it

Jlund

Hi Jorn,

sorry if I wasn't clear in my original posting. No - you don't need to own a PMDG product.

What I was trying to say is that the EFB license for the Remote Server (ie my product) will be valid for both PMDG's EFB (available in the 747-8) and the EFB in QW's 787.

Does that clarify your concern?

Mark

• Like 1

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Yes, absolutely. Where can we buy the license, and how much is it?

Jlund.

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 minute ago, jlund said:

Yes, absolutely. Where can we buy the license, and how much is it?

Jlund.

Well we need to wait until QW officially release their update.

Price will be like always - 10€ for the MFD/MFK and 10€ for the EFB.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

If this is the wrong place to ask, then please just delete it.

Will it be possible to use two tablets at one time, my Ipad for the MFD/MFK and a cheap Android tablet for the EFB?

Jorn Lundtoft

1 minute ago, jlund said:

If this is the wrong place to ask, then please just delete it.

Will it be possible to use two tablets at one time, my Ipad for the MFD/MFK and a cheap Android tablet for the EFB?

Absolutely!

You can use any number of devices to connect to the MFD/EFB at the same time. For those running a single device, you will be able to easily switch back and forth.

Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Great, and it doesn't matter that my cheap device only runs in 1024x600?

Jorn Lundtoft

I think that should work - but you'll be able to test a demo version before buying to make sure it works.

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

time for a second iPad, but where to put it ... how do we go about purchasing.

I've been holding of on installing the QW787 since I know they are working on a new update for P3D that sounds like it'll have some pretty neat new features.

Cheers, Rob.

This is some of the best news i have had as regards flight simulation, I really miss the tablet when flying the 787 and now to have all this available will be awesome!!

• Like 1

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

On 1/7/2019 at 11:08 PM, marcom said:

I think that should work - but you'll be able to test a demo version before buying to make sure it works.

one quest, the input bar on the right side can it be set to the left side or is it a config if i want it on left or right side

Yes, both MFKs are supported (basically like a left vs right CDU - but both MFDs are always displayed)

• Like 1

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Mark

Not directly 787 related. Will it be possible to add ND to other CDUs like NG and 777, or make it optional? 

Thank you 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”