Hey All,

Picked up my rift yesterday and it was my first ever experience in VR. I was blown away. I've been using it primarily for Xplane 11 as I'm able to use the touch controllers to control everything in the cockpit. 

I fired up P3D 4.4 and although the 3d effect was brilliant the AA was terrible compared to xplane.

I wonder if anyone can share their settings that they use in VR for optimum experience in P3D. I'm aware that it all depends on your machine but a good baseline would be great. Also I was able to see a white dot in the view the whole time, but no mouse cursor. how are you guys flicking switches etc in VR?.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Use oculus tray tool and set super sampling to greater than 1.5 to improve image quality. Also set asw=off to prevent jittering. 

The white dot cursor can be set to be moved with mouse, unselect the gaze select or whatever it’s called in the native vr options menu. 

Nvida's 3D Vision glasses don't seem to work in P3Dv4.   Talking about the shutter glasses.   The discover glasses (red/blue, etc) seem to work.

That's where P3D falls behind. I'm only getting engine sound from VR, not switches. No native controller support like X-Plane has. 

3 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

That's where P3D falls behind. I'm only getting engine sound from VR, not switches. No native controller support like X-Plane has. 

huh?  no problem getting all sounds on p3d.  perhaps your sound config needs checking?  are you configured for stereo or 5.1?

I have to say, I had huge, well, big problems with sound in VR but mainly with A2A aircraft. Loads of outside noises but no inside engine sounds. Check out VRAudoiManager. A big help. The main moan is when you swap from VR to normal sound. Lots of switching from one to another. It's become second nature now. Hang in there, it all comes good. :biggrin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt Webb said:

Nvida's 3D Vision glasses don't seem to work in P3Dv4.   Talking about the shutter glasses.   The discover glasses (red/blue, etc) seem to work.

3D Vision for P3D has been broken for a long time...

11 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

huh?  no problem getting all sounds on p3d.  perhaps your sound config needs checking?  are you configured for stereo or 5.1?

I did have Flyinside installed and removed it due to the same problems. Removing Flyinside caused more problems and had to remove config files so that P3D would even show the VR natively. Changed sound output to Oculus and stereo and still no different. Might need a reinstall of P3D. 

Use the Oculus tray tool, and try activating the automatic audio switching.

where do you get the oculus tray tool,also should I have vsync in p3d off and settings set to low or medium and one more question can you display PDFs files in vr thanks for any help trying to use pmdg737

disabled sound card in device manager seems to "fix" this issue. 

4 hours ago, Avidean said:

Does Oculus Tray Tool work with WMR?

No. Try FPSVR

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

No. Try FPSVR

Devon, thanks for telling about the app for the second time😁

I've picked it up!

• Like 1

Native VR in P3D is not smooth for me at all. Looking around is smooth, but as soon as I take off the ground is just a stuttering mess.

Maybe I need to play with some settings but it seems X-plane has a better VR experience right now with the controllers working within the sim.

I have vsync turned off that helped with the stuttering also reduced the sliders down set textures to 1024 and reduced shadows as well I am running the pmdg737 along with as4 and dynamic lighting on aa at 4ss  I get good results and I enjoy night time flying you do get a little bit of stuttering if as4 is displaying a lot of clouds. flying in vr is a lot more immersive and it saves me buying chase plane to get all the panel views, I only wish you could use something else for flicking switches on and off as sometimes the mouse cursor is a bit awkward to use.

• Like 1