Sign in to follow this  
737Andi

ILS landing impossible at EHRD

Hello,

I'm not able to catch the LOC/GS at EHRD with the Qualitywings 787 and the FSLabs A319.

With the PMDG 737 NGX its working though.

I have tried it with the standard P3D v4.3 scenery and the aerosoft Rotterdam X scenery.

The ILS frequency that I'm using for runway 24 is 110.90

I have not updated the airac cycle on any of the planes since I bought them. But I would suppose that the airac cycle on the 787 and the A319 are newer.

Nevertheless they are not able to autoland.

Does someone have an idea?

Thanks!

Best regards Andreas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

22 hours ago, 737Andi said:

Hello,

I'm not able to catch the LOC/GS at EHRD with the Qualitywings 787 and the FSLabs A319.

The ILS frequency that I'm using for runway 24 is 110.90

Best regards Andreas

A quick look at the navigraph chart says 110.9 but P3D will always use it's own database even if you update P3D to the latest cycle it may not have the absolute latest frequencies.

For example, load LNM and make sure under the scenery library tab that P3D (or whatever sim) is selected and under navigraph cycle 1901 - use navigraph for all features, this will show 110.9 which is in the latest cycle but if you select use navigraph for navaids and procedures. Then this will show the P3D frequencies for which EHRD has 108.30.

A rule for me is that P3D will always overrule any other data (well for me anyway)

Navigraph will only update the gauges on the aircraft. To update the sim database itself one needs to also purchase a subscription to fsaerodata. People don't often notice the descrepancy between the aircraft and sim navigation databases because many database entries haven't changed over time. But a good number have changed and unless one flies only between recently updated payware airports, these discrepancies arise from time to time.

Edited by jabloomf1230

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Navigraph will only update the gauges on the aircraft. To update the sim database itself one needs to also purchase a subscription to fsaerodata. People don't often notice the descrepancy between the aircraft and sim navigation databases because many database entries haven't changed over time. But a good number have changed and unless one flies only between recently updated payware airports, these discrepancies arise from time to time.

Hi, so would you recommend updating the sim?

Regards

Alan

In order to upgrade airport ILS frequencies and headings, one needs to update the individual airport AFCADS. The reason the PMDG works and not the other, PMDG has the ability to read the default afcad. The QW and AS uses the Navagragh data. That make sense?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gandalf said:

Hi, so would you recommend updating the sim?

Regards

Alan

It depends. If one has a lot of high quality payware airports then updating the sim's database will only improve the rest of the airports. Keep in mind also that if an airport's runway configuration has changed in real life, just updating the sim's navigation database will not fix that inconsistency. Only editing the airport with Airport Design Editor will fix that.

Also, updating the sim's database is more beneficial if one is using a 3rd party ATC add-on. The default sim ATC does not use SIDs and STARs.