Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST4ARTIST

ORBX True Earth GB / FPS insane killer!

16 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Are these recent complaints all with ver 4.5?

I had pretty good performance until that landed and broke my sim!

If you have only ever tried it in 4.5 then don't write it off until you have tried it once the fix is out.

I'm using 4.5 (no FPS trouble for me) and have seen the promised faster load (which removed the several minutes waiting game at 6% Terrain at scenario loading).

@Raller, find the 30 files in the folder ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery which have _3DM_ in their name and move them to a separate folder. It does not look as nice, but it's still the best solution for flying over London in a payware airliner 737, 787, A32x, 777, etc. 

You can move them back for flying over anywhere else in GB South.

P.S. One other thing, you can save a separate profile under 'Display' in the settings page in P3D. That way you can quickly change between your perfected settings and some lowered settings for dense locations, such as TE GB's London or DD's Seattle.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I bought TE GB P3D on day 1. I made some tests (details are on the ORBX forum) and found there are essentially two settings making it work on my system: Lowering autogen + scenery draw distance to medium and switching off all shadows. This still doesn't make it "great" (still looking and performing worse than the XP version) but I managed to get more than 20 fps even over London unter Prepar3d4.4. 

As many reported, the update to Prepar3d4.5 killed performance again. However, this doesn't only apply to TE GB but to ORBX GEN/GES and others, too. LM indicates they isolated the issue and will release a patch "some time in the future".

Kind regards, Michael  

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks @F737NG, i will give it a try...

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

36 minutes ago, F737NG said:

One other thing, you can save a separate profile under 'Display' in the settings page in P3D. That way you can quickly change between your perfected settings and some lowered settings for dense locations, such as TE GB's London or DD's Seattle.

I use SimStarter NG, so it's not a big deal to create several profiles.
But i normaly use only one setting in P3D to fly over different regions. I found my best settings in v4.4 for all my payware airports and sceneries (even with DD's Seattle or NY).
TE GB is the only one that stepped out of line.

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

I just moved the six 3DM-Files with p51m001 and p51p000 in their names to a separate folder, because
+51-001
+51+000
is the London-Area (figured out with Ortho4XP (for X-Plane))

I hope i am right, looks good so far...

17 hours ago, Raller said:

No, i am still on 4.4.

Normaly i am a "update-junkie" but with 4.5 i could hold myself back (luckily)

PS: I can not imagine how bad it must be with the 4.5 fps issue 😬

What I can't work out is LM have orbx blazed all over their website to generate sales for each other, yet can't work with them to give them the beta and now have this issue with the software company they endorse all over their website. 

Is that irony or a paradox? 

14ppkc-6.png

Welcome to the Next Generation!
 TrueEarth GB South for P3Dv4

I had such great expectations...

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.