Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST4ARTIST

ORBX True Earth GB / FPS insane killer!

48 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

So, when is this "control panel" going to be available?

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/168114-tegb-south-p3dv44-settings-for-smooth-performance-at-4k/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-1481850

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks, Michael. I agree that taking extra time to obtain the best performance gains possible will be worth the wait.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Orbx TE-UK P3D Q400 circuit around UK2000 EGNX

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

On 2/16/2019 at 7:43 PM, tooting said:

It couldnt possibly be your trying to put 10 gigs of scenery into an software engine designed 20 years ago.

Yeah you’re right. It’s not like things can evolve and get redesigned as they progress.

While I’m at it I better ditch my 25 year old operating system, 30 year old CPU... and how on earth the internet is able to transfer those 10GB files is beyond me, considering it was designed 50+ years ago. 

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Let's hope that ORBx can optimise this a lot better when the control panel is released, because jerky framerates and stutters are rather disappointing on a system as powerful as yours, Kevin.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, I am also very disappointed by the low fps and the stutters with quite similar rig.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Color me unimpressed also. That is a beefy computer and it seems like it is still struggling with this scenery. Definitely a beautiful scenery tho.

I could have optimised the settings more, I wanted to use the same one as in the Bronco vid to show a direct comparison.  The overall framerate could keep up at 30, but there were low points and stutters as scenery loaded.  I hope that the 30% performance increase mooted by JV will help eliminate those.  London apart, the scenery is good and should be useable for most.

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Yes, I should clarify that I was only referring to Kevin's video of a flight over London. His other videos that I have seen of locations elsewhere look nice and smooth.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Noticeable that the beta testing isnt great, Ive reported some basic autogen exclusion issues at Orbx EGHI.  Now I wouldnt expect Orbx to necessarily check compatibility against 3rd party products, (but even that wouldbt be too hard given most available are UK2000!), but someone should have at least tested their own airports! 😂

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

I have just completed my first circuit flight (EGGW Luton) with ORBx TrueEarth GB South active (less those 3DM files that cause such trouble in dense scenery areas). It was early morning (around 6 AM) and half dark, but the immersion when seeing realistic towns, villages and streetlights was so much better than the "no buildings and no lights" that I see at this time of the day with my old Horizon UK VFR Photographic scenery. There were a few more stutters, but I can work on that. The end result of that little experience is........hurry up and release the P3D v4 version of TrueEarth GB Central!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just completed my first circuit flight (EGGW Luton) with ORBx TrueEarth GB South active (less those 3DM files that cause such trouble in dense scenery areas). It was early morning (around 6 AM) and half dark, but the immersion when seeing realistic towns, villages and streetlights was so much better than the "no buildings and no lights" that I see at this time of the day with my old Horizon UK VFR Photographic scenery. There were a few more stutters, but I can work on that. The end result of that little experience is........hurry up and release the P3D v4 version of TrueEarth GB Central!!

Here I used UK VFR with Nightenvironment + custom AG , so I had buildings , trees and lights .

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I really hope that ORBx do not take too long getting the P3D v4 version of TrueEarth GB Central released. After enjoying the early morning views of TrueEarth GB South scenery recently (even with all of those 3DM files removed), I am finding it more difficult to fly in those areas of the UK that are not yet covered. The consistent colouration of the photoscenery in TrueEarth GB South makes a big difference, and those areas in the Horizon photoscenery that have always been a problem (poor colour saturation and quality) are starting to become all too apparent. A good example would be the area south of EGNJ Humberside. I have just completed a quick circuit there, and whilst the relative darkness of twilight masks those defects to a certain extent, they will become all too apparent when the Sun starts to get higher in the sky.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 2/16/2019 at 2:47 AM, kevinfirth said:

In and around Bristol, not exactly the lightest area ever...30fps smooth

Thats butter smooth.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.