Sign in to follow this  
JUST4ARTIST

ORBX True Earth GB / FPS insane killer!

Well, this 737 pilot would very definitely be admiring the view.....but then I am not about to be granted real world flying status any time soon :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Well, this 737 pilot would very definitely be admiring the view.....but then I am not about to be granted real world flying status any time soon :wink:

I guess you have full autoland enabled then Christopher. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Only up to the 1000 feet mark, Ray. I prefer to land the planes manually.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Nonetheless, I find it remarkable it can be done. This type of scenery is certainly not desiged for rushing in an airliner at 3000' over London.

Although you should take into accout the machine Kevin uses which I suppose is above what most of us poor guys have.

Kind regards, Michael

Take a look at the airspeed indicator, the Bronco is doing close to 200 knots at times.  Not much different from a heavy on final.. And at about the right altitude...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, ehasanov1 said:

Thanks for info.

You are right Michael. I didn't pay attention to Kevin PC. It is the beast which most people does not have.

It helps to put the "its all down to the old rubbish ESP engine" cr@p to bed.. Give it good enough hardware and it'll cope :)

43 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But you're flying under IFR conditions following instructions from ATC. The last thing a B737 or A320 pilot would be doing is admiring the view when 10 miles out. He's concentrating on landing the aircraft not performing a sight-seeing tour of Central London or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't have the ORBX VFR scenery but even if I did I would disable it for IFR flying. It's for low and slow only.

Just because youre IFR doesnt mean you cant appreciate the immersion the view gives you peripherally.  I think you meant its for low and slow FOR YOU.. 😉

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Just because youre IFR doesnt mean you cant appreciate the immersion the view gives you peripherally.  I think you meant its for low and slow FOR YOU.. 😉

Yes, of course it's only my opinion. But I find FTX Global plus what P3D v4 offers is fine ...... for me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes, of course it's only my opinion. But I find FTX Global plus what P3D v4 offers is fine ...... for me.

And that is as it should be, we're all after different things :)

xaP1VAU.png

35 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

And that is as it should be, we're all after different things 🙂

Of course. I'm not saying I wouldn't like the ORBX GB scenery because it looks fantastic but I feel it would impact on fps too much in some areas and none is a worse killer of performance than central London. Not forgetting the 40+Gb of disk space required.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I dont have the FSL, and havent flown the NGX in years..

I'll try a spin in the Maj Q400 when I get time next.

I'm not trying to prove you can have everything here, just that it ISNT unflyable.  I get the impression if I cant run a PMDG with 8x 4k displays at EGLL with 5,000,000 AI at 200fps some of you are going to say "ha! told you so, its useless!" 😛

Very true. We all know it would get ugly. Im not buying it as thats an area I wouldn't fly a Cessna in and pmdg would just end up frustrating

ZORAN

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Well, this 737 pilot would very definitely be admiring the view..... 

Try living in greater london, you wouldnt say that!!! 

Although it's a city that you have to love and equally hate, just like Bojo

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 2/17/2019 at 4:19 PM, tooting said:

Try living in greater london, you wouldnt say that!!! 

Although it's a city that you have to love and equally hate, just like Bojo

Sorry, more hate than love there 😛 

I tried a run with the Q400 out of EGNX, did a couple of circuits and it was smooth as butter :)  Unfortunately I'm a little rusty on the Dash, came in hot and crashed...so you'll have to wait for a retake to watch that one, sorry!

xaP1VAU.png

You probably will get the same FPS in the Q400 as in a GA it’s known for being incredibly light on FPS.

I true stress test would be the FSL. As that can show the same FPS as the PMDG But pulls a lot more from a PC when in flight.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You probably will get the same FPS in the Q400 as in a GA it’s known for being incredibly light on FPS.

I true stress test would be the FSL. As that can show the same FPS as the PMDG But pulls a lot more from a PC when in flight.

Yes, I'm a huge fan of the Q400 :)  If only PMDG could use a similar external flight model and overcome the crippling use of dll's that have to run in the sim, we'd all be a lot happier...

Sorry, I dont have the FSL.  I've not flown the NGXw in years, much more a turboprop lover at heart.  I will try to handfly the NGX a little just to see how she manages... 

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

Having been based at LHR  I would have to say that the approach onto the 27s over central London is one of the worlds most picturesque.

Although it may look good from the air, I don’t think I’m alone with those of us who live in the provinces ,who would never want to go anywhere near the place at ground level !

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

So, when is this "control panel" going to be available?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png