Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Justsm's EBBR

One thing I do note specifically in Justsim airports is that the AI traffic is significantly low.

I am using UTL.

Any ideas?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

45 minutes ago, Shomron said:

One thing I do note specifically in Justsim airports is that the AI traffic is significantly low.

I am using UTL.

Any ideas?

I think UTL is simply very incomplete with regards to the airlines it includes. I use AIG OCI and my JustSim airports are filled to the top. Seriously, you should ditch UTL in favor of AIG's AI traffic. believe me, I had UTL and was averse to the idea of throwing away my monetary and time (!) investiment in UTL, but AIG OCI is a million times better. I have never looked back!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 3/31/2020 at 10:00 PM, Benjamin J said:

I think UTL is simply very incomplete with regards to the airlines it includes. I use AIG OCI and my JustSim airports are filled to the top. Seriously, you should ditch UTL in favor of AIG's AI traffic. believe me, I had UTL and was averse to the idea of throwing away my monetary and time (!) investiment in UTL, but AIG OCI is a million times better. I have never looked back!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have just purchased Justsim EBBR on sale

and I have the same low AI count - probably only 5 or 6 planes across the entire airport.

I use AIG OCI with levels set to 1 - 99% in AIG and 50% in P3Dv4.5.

Other airports such as MK Studios EIDW are pretty full with these settings.

Any ideas? What settings do you use?

Thanks for any help. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have just purchased Justsim EBBR on sale

and I have the same low AI count - probably only 5 or 6 planes across the entire airport.

I use AIG OCI with levels set to 1 - 99% in AIG and 50% in P3Dv4.5.

Other airports such as MK Studios EIDW are pretty full with these settings.

Any ideas? What settings do you use?

Thanks for any help. 🙂

Personally I have no differential AI levels set - everything is set to display at a 1%, and have my Ai slider in P3Dv4 at 100% (thought of course I could leave it at 1% and it would look the same). I also have every single AIG package installed that they released through OCI, plus a few custom ones that I compiled myself, but these don't fly to EBBR.

Also keep in mind that time of day has a huge impact, since AIG's AI follow real-world schedules (at last that's what I assume - never really checked it though). Try to think of a time when EBBR is supposed to be very busy, perhaps early morning or evening, when many of the longhaulers are leaving or departing and check at that time.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for that! I have never really understood the percentage settings in AIG !

If I want a lot of AI what should I use for the settings? You say you use 1%, is that in 

both the min and max settings - and why does 1% give you a lot? Very confused.com 🤔

Thanks

Edited by Caveney737

On 2/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, Benjamin J said:

I generally feel like Justsim's airports lack in character. I find it hard to pinpoint why..

Maybe because they are churning out sceneries at an astonishing rate while other scenery devs carefully survey every airport they create? I remember Flightbeam refrained from making FRA because they couldn't get apron access to take the photographs they need to produce a high quality scenery. This dedication shows in the projects that they do take on – last but not least in longer development times.

Coming back to JustSim, the only airport I have from them is my home airport Stuttgart (STR), where they worked together with Digital Aviation. Have to say they did a nice job there, the scenery is fairly accurate (might need some ADE work though) and performs well, plus blends in perfectly with Orbx Germany South. Thinking about picking up DUS as well, alas it's not on sale unlike their older sceneries...

Edited by thepilot

I have just installed the JustSim EBBR Brussels v2 scenery, and I run a custom AI database @ 100% settings, so I will check out the AI environment very soon. It's worth noting that they collaborated with Digital Design for this airport. As for that "1%" figure, that just means that any P3D commercial traffic settings of 1% or more will display ALL of the flights in each of the schedules with those settings.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I downloaded a custom made AFCAD file from The link below to replace the default one because when i opened it up there were very few gates properly assigned to airlines.

https://jcai.dk/tag/justsim/

I have lots of AI traffic present using AIG OCI

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just installed the JustSim EBBR Brussels v2 scenery, and I run a custom AI database @ 100% settings, so I will check out the AI environment very soon. It's worth noting that they collaborated with Digital Design for this airport. As for that "1%" figure, that just means that any P3D commercial traffic settings of 1% or more will display ALL of the flights in each of the schedules with those settings.

Thanks for the reply, I have changed my settings to 1% and the traffic at EBBR is much better now.

While we are talking AIG and AI aircraft, another problem I have is that the AI aircraft are very quiet.

I can't hear them at all in the cockpit even if I am right up their tailpipe and in outside views I can

hear them but they are very quiet. Is this normal with P3D or is there a setting somewhere that I can

adjust ?

Cheers.

Edited by Caveney737

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

I downloaded a custom made AFCAD file from The link below to replace the default one because when i opened it up there were very few gates properly assigned to airlines.

Yes, I am using that AFCAD as well, but it didn't make any difference until I changed the settings in AIG to 1% - now much better. 

13 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

es, I am using that AFCAD as well, but it didn't make any difference until I changed the settings in AIG to 1% - now much better. 

It really shouldn't make any difference. The only thing you do by having AI Manager traffic at 1% is removing any adjustability in your traffic level. For those that want 100% everywhere, all the time that's great, but it can bring even the fastest PC to it's knees at many large cities.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Caveney737 said:

Thanks for that! I have never really understood the percentage settings in AIG !

If I want a lot of AI what should I use for the settings? You say you use 1%, is that in 

both the min and max settings - and why does 1% give you a lot? Very confused.com 🤔

Thanks

I see you already seemed to have got it sorted, but here's how it works. The AI traffic files have a percentage number assigned to each route a given aircraft is supposed to fly. That percentage number relates to the AI traffic slider in the sim, and determines whether or not that AI aircraft will be visible or not. So, if a given aircraft is doing EHAM-EBBR, but it's percentage is set to 60%, this plane will only show if your slider is set 60% and above.

Now, take into consideration your settings. If you tell AIG to randomly assign percentages between 1-99%, the routes will be assigned accordingly. This means that, if you want to see ALL if the traffic, you must set your AI traffic slider to 99%, at minimum.

Now, if you set all the AI traffic to be visible at 1%, then ALL traffic will show at a AI traffic slider setting of 1% - or 10%, or 15% or 100% - doesn't matter where you put. As long as you DO NOT put it to 0%, you will see the traffic.

In short: your AI traffic slider decides the threshold at which AI aircraft flying certain routes are seen. Any AI traffic with an assigned percentage AT or BELOW that level, will be visible - others will not.

Why does it work that way? It's all about performance. You can imagine that if you frequent large airports, seeing all traffic at all times will lower performance and may clog the airport. So, having a range of % values assigned to routes randomly can help manage performance. Why didn't I do it? Because I knew I always would want to see all traffic.

Benjamin van Soldt

5 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I see you already seemed to have got it sorted, but here's how it works. The AI traffic files have a percentage number assigned to each route a given aircraft is supposed to fly. That percentage number relates to the AI traffic slider in the sim, and determines whether or not that AI aircraft will be visible or not. So, if a given aircraft is doing EHAM-EBBR, but it's percentage is set to 60%, this plane will only show if your slider is set 60% and above.

Now, take into consideration your settings. If you tell AIG to randomly assign percentages between 1-99%, the routes will be assigned accordingly. This means that, if you want to see ALL if the traffic, you must set your AI traffic slider to 99%, at minimum.

Now, if you set all the AI traffic to be visible at 1%, then ALL traffic will show at a AI traffic slider setting of 1% - or 10%, or 15% or 100% - doesn't matter where you put. As long as you DO NOT put it to 0%, you will see the traffic.

In short: your AI traffic slider decides the threshold at which AI aircraft flying certain routes are seen. Any AI traffic with an assigned percentage AT or BELOW that level, will be visible - others will not.

Why does it work that way? It's all about performance. You can imagine that if you frequent large airports, seeing all traffic at all times will lower performance and may clog the airport. So, having a range of % values assigned to routes randomly can help manage performance. Why didn't I do it? Because I knew I always would want to see all traffic.

Thanks for your detailed explanation - I get it now !😄  Any ideas as to why they are so quiet

as I explained in my reply to Christopher?

9 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Any ideas as to why they are so quiet

Time of day will of course play a large role. Here's Friday at 0840local.

2020-4-10-11-47-2-251.jpg

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 minute ago, Dave_YVR said:

Time of day will of course play a large role. Here's Friday at 0840local.

2020-4-10-11-47-2-251.jpg

Sorry, I meant 'quiet' as in the volume of the sound from AI Aircraft. I take it you must have every AIG airline installed to

get that much traffic !!!