Sign in to follow this  
kityatyi

Autogen missing, can't seem to be able to fix

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

P3D V4.4 user here, desperately seeking help.

I've been struggling with this for 24-48 hours now. Can't tell when exactly this happened, but yesterday I was about to to a flight and noticed how sparse my world is. Looking around I realized it isn't like what it should be, loads of trees and buildings, perhaps other autogen objects too, are missing

What I installed before I noticed the problem:
-FSDT KMEM
-FSDT KIAH
-FSDT Standalone Addon Manager
-FlyTampa KBOS
-FSimStudios MMUN

That is pretty much everything that I installed during the past 24 hours or so prior to first noticing the issue.

What I've tried so far:
-reinstalling both P3D Client as well as Content
-reinstalling ORBX OpenLC EU (later I realized the issue isn't at all limited to Europe...)
-reinstalling Arno's Autogen Configuration Merger (required by some JustSim sceneries)
-uninstalling all Justsim sceneries (initially I though it has to to with the ACM or some JS products)
-uninstalling the ACM
-uninstalling all sceneries that I installed in the past 24-48 hours
-reinstalling SODE

And still the issues exists, loads of autogen are missing. 

What do you guys think, what can be the cause and the solution?

Elfcbmx.jpg

Edited by kityatyi

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just to rule out the obvious.....none of those have reset the Autogen Density settings to OFF?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Just to rule out the obvious.....none of those have reset the Autogen Density settings to OFF?

I can confirm the Autogen Density slider is as it should be.

OdwDPc7.jpg

It sounds like your autogen files may be messed up... either default.xml (for buildings), or AutogenDescriptions.spb file (for vegetation), found in your FS's main Autogen folder.

If you had ACM installed before the "snafu" you may be able to recover a backup from:

'C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\'

In that folder you will see a backup.  That may get you back to square one.

FSDT does not modify the autogen files so it may be FlyTampa or FSimStudios .  I would contact them and see if they add custom agn files via ACM.

Good luck.

Running unlimited frames?

I think I sorted it... Reinstalled ORBX FTX Global, did the trick! Autogen is back! But I am sure it's the ACM that messed it up. 🙂

59 minutes ago, Dazkent said:

Running unlimited frames?

Yes indeed.

Was too early to say it's sorted. I believed it was sorted but it wasn't. After reinstalling FTX Global I definitely saw trees in places where there were no trees on the above screenshot and I thought, yeah, fixed. I then set up a flight at KPDX and immediately saw I have loads of buildings but no trees... So no, the issue still does exist... I'll try those backups, but I don't know how would they help: I even deleted the whole AUTOGEN folder, and when reinstalled CONTENT the folder was re-built from scratch so it surely does not contain the "corrupt" files.

d2UsfGz.jpg