Sign in to follow this  
AndreNr22

TFDI new project

23 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Or a 727, 707, a Tristar...

Anyway I suggested the MD-11 because of the previous addon they developed.

I like the MD-11, aside from the fact that there isn't currently a really good one available for P3D v4.4

It's an interesting and important aircraft, and while it was retired from passenger service in 2014, as of summer 2018 there were still over 120 MD-11's in service worldwide as cargo carriers, mainly with Fed Ex, who alone has a fleet of almost 60 aircraft, and UPS with almost 40, so it's not likely to be disappearing from the skies real soon.

Not sure i'd be "all in" for a study level MD-11 in P3D v4.4, but for an upper mid-tier "not quite study level, but not lite either" version from one of our better known dev's, I would definitely be interested...😎

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Like 1

I’d be all for an MD-11! Still was my favorite FSX aircraft. I’ve been lucky enough to get 3 hours logged in a RW $18million full motion FedEx MD-11 training sim and I was surprised at how similar it handled in comparison with the PMDG version! But I’m a sucker for the tri jets. Even the good ol’ Dreamfleet 727 for FS9 was awesome!

Back to the original topic, it’s definitely for their PACX program. That caption to the green dot gives it away to me. “...and direct your attention to the front of the aircraft.”

Edited by pvupilot

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

On 3/4/2019 at 10:43 AM, vc10man said:

Used INS in the CS 707Captain in FSX but is not available as yet in P3Dv4.

The Aerosoft DC-8 is a great model that includes a fully simulated CIVA-INS. Of course, drift is modelled as well.

Peter

TBH the MD11 is so quarky, so special, that you can't just feel like it doesn't matter. Look: For example vrefs were between 150ish to 180 ias, which were lightning fast even compared to the dc-10. Systems were special too. It was a mix of boeing and some of airbus's ideas, like the push-pull philosophy. I won't say a dc-10 is mean, but this is really special, just like a 747 or 757. It has its own personality, and I would like to see that in V4.4. Not a half-finished overpriced product that needs work; but a plane that's ready to fly, that has realistic stuff like rain effects and maybe even immersion, decent FMS and overall proper systems. That's what I PERSONNALY think We want. 

Everyone has its own opinion, just giving my 2 cents.

TFDI has the knowledge to do it, I'm just hoping they'll do it. I don't want it super ultra level D like. Just like the QW787 for example. Nice, not so buggy and quite realistic imo.

'bout the ones saying it might be an E-jet: To me I'd love to get an E190 for dat LCY approach boi! But I wouldn't understand that much this coming from tfdi, as there's not so much demand for that in V4.:wink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

The Aerosoft DC-8 is a great model that includes a fully simulated CIVA-INS. Of course, drift is modelled as well.

Peter

Thanks for that. Toying with the idea of getting it but sitting on the fence. And it's on 20% Sale too.

15 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that. Toying with the idea of getting it but sitting on the fence. And it's on 20% Sale too.

Then I would suggest to get it now and take advantage of the sale. The plane is quite a handful and will keep you busy during flight, but it is extremely rewarding to master it. You actually have to use the performance tables, for instance. I think the last time I enjoyed a flightsim challenge as much was the PMDG Jetstream 4100 in FSX. 

Peter

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

I have the Aerosoft DC-8 and like it.  There is also a cargo variant included.  Navigating by INS is a lot of fun to me.

As for TDFI -- it would really be nice to see them do an MD-11, given what they've done with the 717 already.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

15 hours ago, vc10man said:

It´s a pretty good addon. You won't regret, Rick.

25 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

It´s a pretty good addon. You won't regret, Rick.

Obrigado Amigo. Trouble is, I have such a plethora of aircraft, buys that looking back I have wasted money on, in FSX, that I do not even touch them. So, much as I am toying with this, it could also be another 'stuck-n-the-hangar' buy.

54 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Obrigado Amigo. Trouble is, I have such a plethora of aircraft, buys that looking back I have wasted money on, in FSX, that I do not even touch them. So, much as I am toying with this, it could also be another 'stuck-n-the-hangar' buy.

I know what you mean, Rick, I'm on the same boat as you. But if you like a classic bird flying by the performance charts and with systems well simulated you can't go wrong with this one. The external model and VC look great and the sounds are pretty good too. Even at full price it well worth the money, but it's just my opinion.

35 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

I know what you mean, Rick, I'm on the same boat as you. But if you like a classic bird flying by the performance charts and with systems well simulated you can't go wrong with this one. The external model and VC look great and the sounds are pretty good too. Even at full price it well worth the money, but it's just my opinion.

Thanks for that. I am 70% towards pulling the trigger, then 30% going back on the decision. Much more importantly, for now, I need to locate where I downloaded the CRJ 700/900 X I bought last year. Saved it somewhere on some drive but cannot seem to locate it.

So, back to ontopic, yeah, PAXC would makes sense seeing their logo.. but weird to make a teaser out of it.

Who knows. the art of the marketing is something everyone interprets differently. 

• Like 1

Victor Roos

A bit difficult to fly a long haul overnight without FMC though.

I'm not prepared to sit up all night😉 .

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, Victoroos said:

So, back to ontopic, yeah, PAXC would makes sense seeing their logo.. but weird to make a teaser out of it.

Who knows. the art of the marketing is something everyone interprets differently. 

Yeah that teaser irritated me. That’s why I opened the topic 😊

10 hours ago, Victoroos said:

What is "PAXC"?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB