Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Circuits

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

 

When I have completed a circuit "Taxi Clear of Runway" pops up on the prompt,

 

VOX ATC will allow me to continue with circuits using correct phraseology.

 

However, If I then complete 3 circuits and then exit the runway"Taxi clear of runway" remains in the prompts and I get no instructions to go to parking.

 

Is this correct or do I have to do something to get parking instructions?.

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

dave

some more details might help to answer....... eg aircraft, flight rules, atc services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I get taxi instructions a few moments after exiting the runway at a towered field. At a non-towered the prompt just says “taxi to park or stand” with no specific taxi instructions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, davenicoll said:

 

Is this correct or do I have to do something to get parking instructions?.

 

Dave

Not only is this correct, it is very realistic.  At untowered airports nobody tells you where to park. It’s up to the pilot to find an empty spot. You can request fuel from Unicom (If the airport has fuel service), but this is not modeled in VoxATC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys,

 

Yes, More info...

 

This is at towered airports in a Cessna...EG  East Mids and Stanstead..

 

Taxi clear of runway just sits there..

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can duplicate this at a different towered airport. Do your towered airports have ground frequencies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they all do...

 

Just tried another one...Birmingham International...excactly the same.

 

However, I have noticed one thing...On my first circuit once I am on my crosswind leg the prompt turns to Callsign report downwind.

 

On subsequent circuits it remains at taxi clear of runway until I report downwind then will go to Callsign report final.

 

Once landed it will always then remain on taxi clear of runway and once | have cleared the runway still stays the same with no parking instructions,

 

Very frustrating..

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, davenicoll said:

Yes they all do...

 

Just tried another one...Birmingham International...excactly the same.

 

However, I have noticed one thing...On my first circuit once I am on my crosswind leg the prompt turns to Callsign report downwind.

 

On subsequent circuits it remains at taxi clear of runway until I report downwind then will go to Callsign report final.

 

Once landed it will always then remain on taxi clear of runway and once | have cleared the runway still stays the same with no parking instructions,

 

Very frustrating..

 

Dave

This is an, “Off Label” use of VoxATC. I haven’t tried it yet in the scenario you are describing, but have encountered failure of handoff to ground.  Try asking for a frequency change to (In this case Birmingham, Alabama?) Birmingham Ground 122.7. Disregard the prompt and let ground know that you have vacated the runway. You may not get a prompt, so have a pencil and paper handy, but you will likely get directions to park. It may be necessary to specifically request Taxi to Park.  I will try to recreate your scenario tonight. 

Edited by Mad_Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

This is an, “Off Label” use of VoxATC. I haven’t tried it yet in the scenario you are describing, but have encountered failure of handoff to ground.  Try asking for a frequency change to (In this case Birmingham, Alabama?) Birmingham Ground 122.7. Disregard the prompt and let ground know that you have vacated the runway. You may not get a prompt, so have a pencil and paper handy, but you will likely get directions to park. It may be necessary to specifically request Taxi to Park.  I will try to recreate your scenario tonight. 

I did have a chance to try flying circuits at a towered airport. I used Madison International (Wisconsin). First comment is I much prefer flying circuits at untowered airports, both in real life, and in simulating. Clearance, taxi, and takeoff were all fine. For some weird reason I was handed off to Departure after takeoff, even though I requested closed pattern. I was only able to get cleared to land on one out of several attempts. The tower kept saying, “Unable” When I did land, I tried the above procedure, instead of getting directions to park, I received directions to the active runway. Overall, not a very satisfying experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 7:45 AM, 503Kento said:

For me, I get taxi instructions a few moments after exiting the runway at a towered field. At a non-towered the prompt just says “taxi to park or stand” with no specific taxi instructions. 

Are you talking specifically about flying circuits (without a flight plan), or just what happens after landing with a flight plan?

I’ve been trying to do circuits at both class C and Class D airports, and have not had much luck. In Class D I could not get taxi for takeoff instructions from ground. I was able to contact the tower and get clearance. I flew the pattern, asked for clearance to land and was told to, “Enter lethand downwind on the 45” since I was already downwind I turned right 90 degrees, circled around and entered downwind on the 45. When I turned on final, I was cleared to land. Ground did give me directions to park.  See my post above for a description of circuits in Class C airspace. It doesn’t seem to me that circuits at towered airports are correctly implemented. I’ve had no difficulties doing circuits in Class E airspace.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an somewhat related question. When one loads an existing scenario in P3d4, it most likely has a flightplan associated with it that is stored in the fxml file. There is no way, short of always starting P3d4 with the default scenario, to start the sim without a flightplan. The lack of a flightplan seems to be a criterion for VOXATC to ask about local flight and circuits. Now to my question. Has anyone tried to run VOXATC with a VFR flightplan that starts and ends at the same airport via a waypoint? I just made one with Little NavMap, so I'll see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I tried a flight plan once starting and ending at the same airport. Don’t recall the exact message from VoxATC but it did not work. When I do circuits with Vox now, I start the default scenario and change the AC and airport to my liking. I also don’t know of a way to “clear” the flight plan from an existing scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 12:09 AM, 503Kento said:

Yes, I tried a flight plan once starting and ending at the same airport. Don’t recall the exact message from VoxATC but it did not work. When I do circuits with Vox now, I start the default scenario and change the AC and airport to my liking. I also don’t know of a way to “clear” the flight plan from an existing scenario. 

If we are talking about the same thing, once the scenario with a flight plan is loaded you go to Flight Planner via Navigation menu, click on Clear then OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha I never saw the Clear button. Or maybe I was afraid to try it.

I just tried a VFR flightplan to and from a towered airport with one nearby waypoint (created with LNM). VOXATC gave me the options for local flight and circuits. It worked great doing T&Gs until I landed and then there was no handoff to Ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this