Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

LES saab 340 steering

Hi,

so I have not long purchased the les saab340 and while still trying to learn the aircraft I have come across an issue that I cannot figure out how to fix.

How do I steer the aircraft when on the ground?

I have tried a few of my other x plane aircraft and they all seem to steer fine using the twist function of my x55 joystick but this does not seem to work on the saab

Does anyone who has this aircraft know what I might be doing wrong in getting the steering to work

thanks 

Pete Little

Hi Mazelda I have the same plane. Look to your left in the cockpit, and you will see a large knob on the left console. with the mouse, that knob has to be pushed down. That is the tiller wheel that pilots use for steering. try that out, and lets us know how you do.

The LES SAAB is a great aircraft. Very realistic.

There is a metal looking knob to the left of captain seat next  to your parking brake. Once you have hydraulics powered up you can push that and you have nose wheel steering.

I hope this helps!

System Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte Aorus Master mobo, 32 Gb Corsair Vengeance Lpx DDR4 memory, MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio 8G video card.

I must still be missing a step. I have the nosewheel lever pressed down, but the nosewheel is still free castoring. I can only control steering through differential braking. Do I have hydraulic pressure issue, or is there a different way to control the actual steering knob. Surely you don't have to do this with the mouse?

8 hours ago, WAL187 said:

I must still be missing a step. I have the nosewheel lever pressed down, but the nosewheel is still free castoring. I can only control steering through differential braking. Do I have hydraulic pressure issue, or is there a different way to control the actual steering knob. Surely you don't have to do this with the mouse?

On the caution panel there is a message "nosewheel steering off" or something similar. When you depress the tiller this message should go away. Then it should work with your rudder pedals, joystick twist grip, or whatever you use normally to steer with...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

On 3/27/2019 at 4:35 PM, Paul Deluca said:

Hi Mazelda I have the same plane. Look to your left in the cockpit, and you will see a large knob on the left console. with the mouse, that knob has to be pushed down. That is the tiller wheel that pilots use for steering. try that out, and lets us know how you do.

So how are you supposed to see where you're going while controlling this little knob? 

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:26 PM, b1bmsgt said:

On the caution panel there is a message "nosewheel steering off" or something similar. When you depress the tiller this message should go away. Then it should work with your rudder pedals, joystick twist grip, or whatever you use normally to steer with...

I wish this worked....

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.