Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Aerosoft Airbus for P3D V4 *** Not a vs FSlab post

Sadly, theres no such thing as “not an fslabs post”.  

To the OP:  the aerosoft bus is a good product if you accept it for what it is trying to do, which is normal ops only.  I’ve purchased it in every iteration, and I have absolutely zero desire to buy the FSL bus.  It meets my airbus sim needs perfectly.

If we’re into burger analogies, some people need to realize that there are valid reasons to get a good decent restaurant cheeseburger, as there are reasons to get an overpriced kobe beef burger with artisanal cheese, locally sourced greens, and a truffle infused remoulade on top costing 30 dollars...

• Upvote 2

I am by far no biased individual when it comes to these planes but I agree with Nyxx. There are a lot of rose colored absurd comments here like the a330 will be a free update- certainly not!

There is a huge thread about the managed speed glitch. It can cause your plane to fall from the sky out of the blue. Doesn’t happen on every flight, but when it does you will be cruising at Mach 0.7 and then plummet to 100 kts IAS. The devs have seen it happen but have no idea what’s causing it. And they are off working on the a330 before the a320/319 are feature complete or free of major flaws.

And don’t  get me started about Aerosoft’s CRJ. I know it’s a different dev but I am not pleased with Aerosoft right now.

The FSlabs may have bad performance but system issues like that won’t happen. 

Edited by JasonPC
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

There are a lot of rose colored absurd comments here like the a330 will be a free update- certainly not!

Jason, that’s why I felt the need to put the record right with a few facts. 

The new...A330 free! You could not make it up!

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

ok then.. Facts.

The a330 from AS will not be free.  they also did not do a free update for p3dv4.

They did say that the a330 would be discounted for owners of the 320 series.

And... when they updated the buses for p3dv4 previous purchasers got a significant discount, accounting for the shared code between the two versions. as well as the transition from FSX to p3d  Fact.

FSL users who paid 100 dollars for the FSX edition got to pay an additional 140 dollars for the p3d edition,  so, not a discount at all, and a premium upcharge for a product that included lots of identical code!!!   You could not make it up!!!!   Fact.

and that's not even getting into facts that we can't discuss here, but are facts nonetheless

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

FSL users who paid 100 dollars for the FSX edition got to pay an additional 140 dollars for the p3d edition,  so, not a discount at all, and a premium upcharge for a product that included lots of identical code!!!   You could not make it up!!!!   Fact.

You forgot .....The P3D version to upgrade from the Fsx version was free for around 6 months before they did away with the offer so people were given good time to switch/ upgrade. I guess you just wanted to gloss over that fact. Also there was plenty of warning in that 6 months for people to upgrade free of charge.

Free of change is the biggest discount you can get....but you say....

”not a discount at all”.......and you state that as a fact....wow!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

They're both hamburgers.  737 and the 320 are pretty much the same type and size. Since you're looking to change your diet why not try a smaller regional jet, biz jet or even a small prop plane. Pastrami on rye with mustard.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Thanks all for the comments, Much appreciated, I will take everyone’s comments into consideration.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m aware of the excellence of the fslabs as it seems to get nothing but good comments hence why I’m not looking for a A vs B product. And I’m definitely not against spending 150 on a really good add-on, but I won’t spend that on just any type of aircraft. The type of aircraft has a value in my own mind depending on how much I actually like said type of aircraft. To avoid reading between the lines, I’m a Boeing fan muahahaha lol...

P.S I have the Q400 and it is wonderful aircraft.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 minute ago, Twenty6 said:

They're both hamburgers.  737 and the 320 are pretty much the same type and size. Since you're looking to change your diet why not try a smaller regional jet, biz jet or even a small prop plane. Pastrami on rye with mustard.

Sure, Any suggestions lol

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

You lost me at hambeders. I'm much more of a pie metaphor type of guy.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

5 hours ago, tooting said:

You have 2 hamburgers. 

One is a Mcdonalds cheese burger for £1.50 and tastes rubbery and doesn't fill you up. but its a burger none the less

The others is a five guys with bacon, blue cheese and all the trimmings  which Is £7.00  but it tastes delicious 

The 5 guys is more than double the price but its got all those trimmings.  It took a while to cook, and tastes devine, it's a treat you give yourself once in a blue moon. 

The aerosoft 32x and the flight factor 320 are the Mcdonalds cheese burgers of Airbuses, nothing too fancy. A cheap soggy burger.  A cheap unpolished airbus. 

The fsl with all the added goodies it has is the five guys burger,  problem is you need a bigger stomach (a high end pc) to have the five guys verses to the Mcdonalds crappy cheese burger 

This is blasphemy. The aerosoft A320 is at least A Red Robin burger or even In N out. Its not comparable to a mcdonalds burger cmon. I fly it everyday and I dont regret picking it over the FS Labs. From my perspective the biggest reason I picked Aerosoft over the FS Labs is I didnt like how I had to pay extra for the A319 version. What sense does that make? Also they dont have the A321 and if they ever do then Im sure you will be paying more for that too. Easy decision in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You forgot .....The P3D version to upgrade from the Fsx version was free for around 6 months before they did away with the offer so people were given good time to switch/ upgrade. I guess you just wanted to gloss over that fact. Also there was plenty of warning in that 6 months for people to upgrade free of charge.

Free of change is the biggest discount you can get....but you say....

”not a discount at all”.......and you state that as a fact....wow!

not trying to gloss over it, had no idea it was ever a thing.  actually I'm just taking your word for it now.  In either case, the aerosoft offers didn't expire...  A2A did a similar thing, and I still refuse to purchase the 172 again because of it.  I have other Hobbies, and I can spend 6 months without dipping my toes into the FS waters easily.  I prefer a fair upgrade charge over a grace period upgrade followed by a gouge job. YMMV.