flyinpilot212121

Aerosoft Airbus for P3D V4 *** Not a vs FSlab post

Hi Guys, I'm looking at a new airliner to add to the hanger. All I pretty much fly right now is the 737 NG and the 747

I am eyeing an airbus, I am aware of the FSlabs however I'm not looking to spend that amount on an airbus (I'm sure it is well worth the cost however)
Pretty much all I'm wondering is does the Aerosoft Airbus for P3D V4 "work"?

Thanks

P.S I'm not looking for a comparison between the fslabs and aerosoft, I'm well aware of the FSlabs.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 months after release, it's still broken.  You may want to wait and see if Aerosoft can actually fix it.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I have both. The FSLabs is full immersion and top notch, but the Aerosoft is an excellent product, not as complex and as immersive. You can have the co-pilot assist you and do almost everything for you. Loads of fun!

My Aerosoft is not broken, it works fine. I'm in P3D V4.4

Edited by Midnight Music
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mines not broken either. Works fine. Very much worth a 100.00 less.

• Like 1

It's still very much broken for me and many others. I suffer from the managed speed drop bug. Also various crashes when using the AOC.

Thanks for the quick responses, Not gonna lie, not sure whether to purchase or not.

Ill ponder it for a bit. I'm very selective in what I purchase now for P3d, Back in my FS9 days I would purchase just about anything and when I switched to P3D a while ago I told myself I would be selective on my purchases in order to maximize the usage out of every add-on.

hhhmmmm Decisions lol.

No issues here with Aerosoft Airbus. I love the A320 and actually stopped flying my PMDG 737. It gives me all that I’m looking for and I like the fuel planner it comes with as well as the verbal checklist and copilot control of the checklist opinions. You can’t go wrong in my opinion. Is it PMDG or FSlabs level no but I found the extra PC load for most things I don’t use or care for wasn’t worth the difference. My Airbus works in VR well also.

Joe

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I have both. The FSLabs is full immersion and top notch, but the Aerosoft is an excellent product, not as complex and as immersive. You can have the co-pilot assist you and do almost everything for you. Loads of fun!

My Aerosoft is not broken, it works fine. I'm in P3D V4.4

Same here.

I have both and recommend the Aerosoft. Works like a charm on my system. Frame rates are about 50% better than FSL A320 for me since the latter is too much for my older processor. If you only want to simulate normal flights and not abnormal procedures, the Aerosoft is a perfectly suitable high-quality model.

Some people seem to have problems with the autopilot, but I never had any issues whatsoever with the airplane. Also, Aerosoft is working on their A330, and the systems work will also benefit the A320 since it is 95% the same. I believe this would be a free upgrade; it normally is for Aerosoft. Also, they don't charge extra for different simulators if the difference in the code is not large. 

Peter

TBH you kind of get what you pay for. And IMO aspects-wise it's better than the NGX, which is normal, since it was developed like 7 years or so now. My airbus flies well, and the last update significantly improved things, specially the fcu, which I now find beautiful. It flies well, as long as you don't want to get deep into it; even an engine failure isn't simulated. I think the only "abnormal" feature included is the altn destination feature in the fmgs. Sounds are nice, and you even get some candy-eye like the fact you can print your AOC is very neat. There are minor bugs, like buttons not working and the copilot that gets stuck sometimes. You'll enjoy it. And fps aren't such a hassle as in the FSL, trust me. I could get this thing on my potato to do 25fps (not bad for a 10 year old cpu) whereas the FSL i used to own wouldn't get over the 15s.

Posted (edited)

I have both and also recommend the Aerosoft Airbus.  The Aerosoft one has decent to very good vc textures and that helps with the immersion from the VC.  Never had any issues with stability and it works well giving good overall fps in p3d 4.4.

Edited by simon747

On a related note does anyone else have an issue with dynamic lighting with the landing and taxi lights killing performance?  It's much worse compared to say the NGX or a few other planes I have.

Posted (edited)

You have 2 hamburgers. 

One is a Mcdonalds cheese burger for £1.50 and tastes rubbery and doesn't fill you up. but its a burger none the less

The others is a five guys with bacon, blue cheese and all the trimmings  which Is £7.00  but it tastes delicious 

The 5 guys is more than double the price but its got all those trimmings.  It took a while to cook, and tastes devine, it's a treat you give yourself once in a blue moon. 

The aerosoft 32x and the flight factor 320 are the Mcdonalds cheese burgers of Airbuses, nothing too fancy. A cheap soggy burger.  A cheap unpolished airbus. 

The fsl with all the added goodies it has is the five guys burger,  problem is you need a bigger stomach (a high end pc) to have the five guys verses to the Mcdonalds crappy cheese burger 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 6

Personally I very much enjoy the Aerosort Airbus. When I first got it I had a tons of small issues that sort of killed it for me. But since the last update, where they forced a complete reinstall, everything works like a charm for me. Of course I have my own way of doing things and so it’s possivle there are issues I’m not seeing because of that, but for me it flies well and is really fun. I don’t need abnormal procedures and I don’t care for failures, so the aerosoft  Airbus is pretty much the kind of product that I like. I’m always impressed by its auto land, which is always smooth. Once or twice rouchdown was a little rough... strong winds make it definitely harder for the A/P to cope, but sometimes I then just disable it and fly it myself.

Bottom line, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed by it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, tooting said:

You have 2 hamburgers. 

One is a Mcdonalds cheese burger for £1.50 and tastes rubbery and doesn't fill you up. but its a burger none the less

The others is a five guys with bacon, blue cheese and all the trimmings  which Is £7.00  but it tastes delicious 

The 5 guys is more than double the price but its got all those trimmings.  It took a while to cook, and tastes devine, it's a treat you give yourself once in a blue moon. 

The aerosoft 32x and the flight factor 320 are the Mcdonalds cheese burgers of Airbuses, nothing too fancy. A cheap soggy burger.  A cheap unpolished airbus. 

The fsl with all the added goodies it has is the five guys burger,  problem is you need a bigger stomach (a high end pc) to have the five guys verses to the Mcdonalds crappy cheese burger 

LoL!! Thats awesome, well said

I never ever perform emergency or abnormal situations. Not my thing so all the extra cost that go into making that available to me really has no value to add...To the way I use the sim that is.

• Like 1

The pickles fall out of the bun the same on both!

17 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I never ever perform emergency or abnormal situations.

Neither do I. But still, FSL A319/320 is such a unique product that there are 1000 things you love about it even though you never touch the above.
I have a few more top quality aircraft parked in my P3D hangar and I keep promising to myself I will fly them next month (to justify spending a lot of money on them). But...I can't. One flight in any of them and... I'm back in my virtual A320 seat.

Anyway, it wasn't supposed to be a 'vs FSLabs' thread, so I apologise for breaking it, but I had to write it to give you a different perspective.
Many simmers believe this is emergencies we pay extra for. But ho ho ho, there is so much more. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I'm interested also. Does anyone run this with Windows 7? AS says it wasn't tested on that.. Thanks for the response.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tooting said:

You have 2 hamburgers. 

I do love these P3D versus everyday life analogies.. 😁

Just as a point of reference.. The "once in a blue moon" qualification is good advice... The 5 guys burger has hypertension, high cholesterol, and myocardial infarction written all over it.. The "Big Mac" probably isn't a whole lot better, it will just take a while longer to kill you... 

As for the Aerosoft A320 P3D v4 version, I don't think i'd call call it a soggy Mickey D's cheeseburger, maybe more like a Burger King Whopper Junior, without cheese or Mayo.......🤣

Maybe not the best there is, but certainly a reasonable alternative.

Edited by SunDevil56

30 minutes ago, dheyer said:

I'm interested also. Does anyone run this with Windows 7? AS says it wasn't tested on that.. Thanks for the response.

I do and it does fine.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

😁

As for the Aerosoft A320 P3D v4 version, I don't think i'd call call it a soggy Mickey D's cheeseburger, maybe more like a Burger King Whopper Junior, without cheese or Mayo.......🤣

I've only had one 5 guys burger, it cost me a fortune and it gave me the craps for 2 days

Edited by tooting
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I think it boils down to how realistically do you fly the sim. If you're a "kick the tyres and light the fires" kind of guy the AS320 would be a great choice. Nothing too fancy and will get you from A to B. If, however, you're a geek (like me) who enjoys going through all the pre-flighting, flight planning and procedures then you'd have to go for the FSL version. It is pricier but the simulation depth and immersion are second to none especially with the upcoming update. It really is a question of of how you approach your simming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, speedyTC said:

I think it boils down to how realistically do you fly the sim. If you're a "kick the tyres and light the fires" kind of guy the AS320 would be a great choice. Nothing too fancy and will get you from A to B. If, however, you're a geek (like me) who enjoys going through all the pre-flighting, flight planning and procedures then you'd have to go for the FSL version. It is pricier but the simulation depth and immersion are second to none especially with the upcoming update. It really is a question of of how you approach your simming.

I agree with what he says. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

If, however, you're a geek (like me) who enjoys going through all the pre-flighting, flight planning and procedures then you'd have to go for the FSL version. 

I do exactly that with the Aerosoft A320. I always start from cold and dark, go through amplified checklists, plan my flights including procedures, look at the weather etc.. There is almost no difference between the two models as long as you stick to normal procedures; you could compare the checklists to verify that. The only difference is that the FSL can "download" flight plans from PFPX into its FMS, but I prefer Simbrief and don't use that feature.

As for the burger comparison, that is not only a contribution that adds little fact, it also is exactly what the OP was asking not to receive. 

Peter

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3