Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

Encouragement....

Firstly I want to thank the ACES team for the amazing amount of work and effort they have put in to developing what looks like the most revolutionary version of Flight Sim ever...After seeing the previews and trailers and sneak peaks, FSX is already more than I could ever have hoped for in one version of Flight Sim...What's more, what we've been shown so far is only a snippet of what is inside FSX... There is way more to come, and already I'm overwhelmed with the improvements that we have been made aware of... How much more will be in the sim, I can't even comprehend or ask for more...I want to encourage all of us when posting about FSX to remember that we don't have full details yet on the final product and I'm sure many will be pleasantly surprised at seeing their wishes come true when more information comes to light...The ACES team has been doing a wonderful job, and recently some of the posts floating around have been a little on the critical side... Can I encourage us all to remember that we want to build up and make the development team feel good about the work they do and not have them bombarded with negative sounding posts... I know I wouldn't want it, and I don't think any of us would like to hear that sort of stuff at this point in the lifecycle of getting a new product to market...Let's all remember to be patient and expectantly await news of what else will be included in FSX instead of jumping to conclusions that because we haven't heard about our 'xandophone' inclusion in FSX that it doesn't mean that it's not going to be in there...As a member of the flight sim community, I'd like to encourage us all to help make this new approach by the ACES and MSFT team a positive experience and help make them feel great about the stellar product they have been involved in creating...I stand to my feet, and I applaud...ACES, well done!!!

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

I must admit DM, I made a crack a couple of days ago about how you can't expect even a 5.1 sound system to capture the roar of a jet on take off. I regretted the post later, I thought it was a cheeky suggestion, but you can't stop people coming up with witty remarks. You must have noticed how dry tdragger's sense of humour is. Watch out because it's really got a bite. However, that being said, I think you can trust us all to post comments in good faith.As for your lavish praise of the development team, I'm with you 100%. It's probably been a long hard road for them, and they've probably still got a way to go before they can put the baby to bed. I have only a very deep respect for both them, and the work they do.Let me also say that I could be wrong about the 5.1 system. Maybe I haven't got the volume up high enough.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

I would like to think that TD and poke here have a sense of humor and even a slightly thick skin and they understand. There have been few snotty/biting remarks (I would think, that goes with the territory) but for the most part folks here have been very reasonable IMO. And yes.. we appreciate their participation here. Its lot more interesting with them here. ;)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>I would like to think that TD and poke here have a sense of>humor and even a slightly thick skin and they understand.>There have been few snotty/biting remarks (I would think, that>goes with the territory) but for the most part folks here have>been very reasonable IMO. "Thick skin" perhaps, but certainly not invulnerable. I cannot help but note the nearly complete absence of their participation at "another website's forum" that began almost immediately after some remarks were made by the management of said "other website."It went well beyond 'cheeky' to suggest that they were posting snippets intended to confuse and misdirect... :-8 I consider the nice folks at ACES as treasured friends who're giving generously of their very limited free time to keep us informed as much as possible within the constraints of their own employment contracts with Microsoft.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"I consider the nice folks at ACES as treasured friends who're giving generously of their very limited free time to keep us informed as much as possible within the constraints of their own employment contracts with Microsoft."Bill, I whole heartedly agree with you.We'll do all we can to prevent any inhospitable behaviour here.

Guest tdragger

<>You can ask the guys in offices next to mine how real it is because I *have* had it turned up enough. ;)

I was just going to comment about 5.1 also..lol. If you don't get the required effects in 5.1 then you have about 99.9% of your speakers blown and shold get new ones...lol.I've had a 5.1 system for abut 3 years now and love it.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

"Thick skin" perhaps, but certainly not invulnerable. I cannot>help but note the nearly complete absence of their>participation at "another website's forum" that began almost>immediately after some remarks were made by the management of>said "other website."Hmmm.Thankfully most of us have been pretty headas down so I missed those.Even so, we make a concerted effort to be "site agnostic" as we don't want to favor one site over the other. I hit the majors once a day, and try to post *something* at each one. Cheers,Jason

><Maybe I haven't got the volume up high enough.>>>>You can ask the guys in offices next to mine how real it is>because I *have* had it turned up enough. ;)Okay, sounds like it's time for me to also budget for a THX 5.1 surround sound system.. :)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR