From the 'Threshold' site about REX's latest product.  

"We're working.. we can disclose that.. we are working with some tests with X-Plane. Obviously we need to get this product out first but the idea is to even to port this to X-Plane. The answer is yes. I'd say we are in the development phase - an early one."

• Like 2

This looks really good for P3D and h0pefully this will be a really good product for X-Plane. Looking forward to seeing what they will be able to do.

Late to the party. I don't think that, at this point, texture based cloud replacements still excite anybody.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Late to the party. I don't think that, at this point, texture based cloud replacements still excite anybody.

Yes, especially if that's all it is. Too many choices already, including free ones.

There are also two major updates in the works for weather engines that include cloud rendering, maybe with particle effects and not just textures. One is the pending update to xEnviro. The other is the add-on cloud rendering package for ActiveSkyXP, planned for later this year, last I heard.

Probably both of them are waiting for release until Vulkan/Metal is rolled out as the new graphics API in X-Plane. That should happen soon, at least the first betas.

6 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I agree, if it is only cloud texture replacements. But it is much more than that. 

On 4/29/2019 at 9:02 AM, Colonel X said:

If their textures for XP are as good as those for FSX/P3D, I'll be overjoyed.