mikebxb

310 REDUX. go back to the drawing board.

Started  with Milviz 310  it was ok and I prefer the upgraded avionics. the Flight dynamics were good..possibly better than the Alabeo 310R which I transitioned to. Every time I go back to the Milviz the dash and gauges just look too cartoonish like flysimaway stuff. Recently downloaded the new improved Milviz 310 Redux.  I have the Nvidia 1050TI  with 19XX by 1024 display and the Alabeo cockpit looks way better. After one flight and having to go to the 2D panel to set the EGT/oil monitor 'step' and 'lean'   It's back to the hangar..Alabeo has its flaws but much more immersive and I don't expect Bugs Bunny or Scooby Doo to jump out from behind the Altimer ..   

... and you seem to be talking to yourself. Therapy perhaps? 😛

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

OMG !!!!  🤣

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Milviz said:

Your texture settings are too low.

please explain textures settings I'm willing to tweak..

.. FWIW. I don't hate the Milviz and respect the efforts. As  310 guy if there weren't Alabeo avail then the Milviz would be my main plane as it was for years. Some of the features I still very much like. Pop up throttles for example and the AP is much better than the  old 400b that Alabeo employs. Both have GTN750 integration.  but the interior (specifically dash and gauges where one gives most of his attention in flight) isn't up to par with the Carabeo. I had high hopes with the redux upgrade.

5 hours ago, odourboy said:

a typo   cant delete or edit posts on here 

5 hours ago, Milviz said:

Your texture settings are too low.

[GRAPHICS]
MultiSamplesPerPixel=8    //added 6/10/17
MultiSampleQuality=8      //****
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693751040
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693751040
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=1
HIGHMEMFIX=1       //added 4/29/19
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
D3D10=0

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mikebxb said:

but the interior (specifically dash and gauges where one gives most of his attention in flight) isn't up to par with the Carabeo.

FSX here.  I turn the various panel lights up to 12 o'clock in the Milviz and that improves the gauge appearance considerably.  The Alabeo gauges are those that I find to look cartoonish.   Especially the post lights after dark. No in-character 310 looks like that!  I own a 1969 MGB sports car.  I once at a car show saw another MGB owner who had put LED lights into his gauges.  Ruined the character.

What I like best from Milviz, be it the 310R or the B55 Baron are the flight dynamics, including power application.  Certainly no need to go back to design school on the dynamics.

Been married 48 going on 49 years and have found no reason to look for better. 

Same with the overall experience of the Redux.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Milviz said:

so.. not using P3D?

nope..

Spent all my $$ on add on aircraft for FSX steam

2 hours ago, mikebxb said:

nope..

Spent all my $$ on add on aircraft for FSX steam

Well, there you go. You have your answer

The opinion of the OP is his to have and hold.  and though, I am sad to hear that he has it, there's no chance we will "go back to the drawing board". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

The opinion of the OP is his to have and hold.  and though, I am sad to hear that he has it, there's no chance we will "go back to the drawing board". 

If I could edit it I would be happy express my disappointment in a less caustic way. We appreciate the time and effort you guys at Milviz put in to offer us Simmers some worthy choices.  I see on your website you are abandoning FSX. I been flying sims since the Commodore 64. It seems I've always been behind the curve as developers planes and scenery kept requiring better, newer, faster hardware. I just finally got enough machine with enough Ram and GFX card to operate the now dated FSX with planes, scenery and weather add ons that won't stall, stutter or OOM.  Other hobbies also require expensive 'upgrades'. I don't see myself throwing away FSXSE and my inventory anytime soon just to follow the latest and greatest despite the 32 - 64 bit argument. Yes, I've dug my heels in and committed to maximize what I have. Milviz has been good with service after the sale and your 310 was state of the art when dream fleet fell by the wayside. I got a lot of fun hours zooming around in my milviz 310 and was excited to find there were improvements. Just a little disappointed. 

3 hours ago, mikebxb said:

I got a lot of fun hours zooming around in my milviz 310 and was excited to find there were improvements. Just a little disappointed. 

Perhaps take a little time to make it more your own....  Then you might be happy...

2018-4-11_15-31-44-703-XL.jpg

On 4/29/2019 at 7:50 PM, fppilot said:

FSX here.  I own a 1969 MGB sports car.  I once at a car show saw another MGB owner who had put LED lights into his gauges.  Ruined the character.

Nice. Had buddy that owned an MG Midget, 2 MGB's (pre ugly bumpers 71 or older) and an Austin Healey Sprite, Austin Healey 3000. A cousin that had a Sunbeam Tiger. I owned a lovely 1972 Triumph TR-6 factory roll bar and overdrive.  LED would ruin those cars...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikebxb said:

Nice. Had buddy that owned an MG Midget, 2 MGB's (pre ugly bumpers 71 or older) and an Austin Healey Sprite, Austin Healey 3000. A cousin that had a Sunbeam Tiger. I owned a lovely 1972 Triumph TR-6 factory roll bar and overdrive.  LED would ruin those cars...

My '69 B was one of the most unique. Transition point from pre-mandated safety regs.  Leather interior.  First padded dash. No glove box. First side markers, but they were reflectors, not lights.  Two post headrests and seat frame of very heavy solid steel rods as if that could qualify for roll over protection. Head rests weigh as much as a lady's bowling ball.  First three-point seat belts that had D-rings that slipped over studs on the rear cowl.  Subsequent years saw return to prior seat construction, one-blade headrests, and properly anchored three point seat belts, side marker lights instead of reflectors, and padded dash with glove box.  Still at that point the '69 had chrome bumpers with the addition of chrome bumper guards, no rubber or vinyl. Partial emission controls.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1