Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

47 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

It is supposed to work with PTA but it does not at the moment.  Do not install EF along with PTA shaders until they hotfix the issue as you will get greyed-out colors, etc.  I also would like to use PTA for VC brightness as EF does not have that option...might be nice if they added that in. 

That's what I found out only for VC.....I played again this morning with HDR....I turned them off in EF and ON in P3D and now works, not sure why. Yesterday I didn't had same result. 

I guess in regards to PTA i guess there is one extra "filter" somewhere that does not allow instruments to "glow". Hopefully they will find solution soon. 

Alex 

i am so confused🙄,totally by what software to use with what and the amazing settings? Please HELP, using  AS, ASCA, RSF, REF

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

Why do you turn HDR Off in the sim?
You won't have any HDR then.

Hello David,

for my part I can say - I'm happy with the "HDR off" setting in P3Dv4.

And as you can read in the manual of EF, you can turn on/off the HDR option - so EF will also work without using HDR.😉

But I will try the HDR option, too.

Patric

Edited by pscharff

I own active sky, asca, envtex, skyforce and environment force but I think I only need to use skyforce and environment force. It seems with all the tweaking that you can do with environment force that you don't need all those other programs. With environment force you can change the lighting of the sky so no envtex needed, change the clouds so no asca needed or texture direct needed, and you can change the weather so no active sky needed. It seems to me that environment force can handle all of these variations by tweaking the appearance. This is most evident in the water because just by changing lighting, waves, and height you achieve about 20 different "textures". I may be wrong but I think I stumbled upon something.

57 minutes ago, kurtb said:

i am so confused🙄,totally by what software to use with what and the amazing settings? Please HELP, using  AS, ASCA, RSF, REF

I would suggest at the moment in time you use.

ASP4 with SF (closed) EF, on AUTO with these setting.

The top two options you don't want on as ASP4 deals with them.

ef.jpg

You Need HDR to make use of EF HDR

Probably needs toning down thought BloomBlur and Key.

As for using it with TS am still waiting for the fix. Until then after watching chewwy stream today showing EF, it looks fantastic.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I would suggest at the moment in time you use.

ASP4 with SF (closed) EF, on AUTO with these setting.

The top two options you don't want on as ASP4 deals with them.

ef.jpg

You Need HDR to make use of EF HDR

Probably needs toning down thought BloomBlur and Key.

As for using it with TS am still waiting for the fix. Until then after watching chewwy stream today showing EF, it looks fantastic.

automated environment controls, what should we use? 5min

7 minutes ago, kurtb said:

automated environment controls, what should we use? 5min

5mins is the default, sound about right to see changes.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well, my conclusions thus far after having waded patiently through this thread are as follows:

1. REX Environment Force (EF) negates the requirement for REX SkyForce and any other third party Shader Tweakers.

2. If you have been happy with REX SkyForce’s Cloud Textures and Structures and Sky Textures then EF will also satisfy these requirements. REX SkyForce is effectively redundant and was probably bridging the gap until EF became available.

3. Restore the Prepar3D default shaders before using EF. That should ensure everything turns out as intended by the Developer.

4. With the aim of keeping things simple while achieving optimised results on screen, the recommended combination of weather/environment Apps is likely to be:

ASP4 + EF

Simples? That’s from someone who has not yet installed EF! So it’s quite possible my conclusions might be flawed. Please feel free to challenge!

I would like the option of being able to restore a Shader Preset, but that may be problematic if the Sky Textures have been changed. Most, if not all, Presets rely on the presence of Sky Textures they were configured to work with optimally.

Mike

1 minute ago, Cruachan said:

Well, my conclusions thus far after having waded patiently through this thread are as follows:

1. REX Environment Force (EF) negates the requirement for REX SkyForce and any other third party Shader Tweakers.

2. If you have been happy with REX SkyForce’s Cloud Textures and Structures and Sky Textures then EF will also satisfy these requirements. REX SkyForce is effectively redundant and was probably bridging the gap until EF became available.

3. Restore the Prepar3D default shaders before using EF. That should ensure everything turns out as intended by the Developer.

4. With the aim of keeping things simple while achieving optimised results on screen, the recommended combination of weather/environment Apps is likely to be:

ASP4 + EF

Simples? That’s from someone who has not yet installed EF! So it’s quite possible my conclusions might be flawed. Please feel free to challenge!

I would like the option of being able to restore a Shader Preset, but that may be problematic if the Sky Textures have been changed. Most, if not all, Presets rely on the presence of Sky Textures they were configured to work with optimally.

Mike

Hey MIke - Environment Force would not negate the need for SkyForce as EF does not contain any textures so you would still be using textures from SKyForce.  Environment Force is strictly a shader utility so it looks like the combo would be ASP4, SkyForce, EnviroForce and maybe another shader utility (PTA/TS when they are hotfixed) to cover some things Environment Force does not.  In my case I'd like to still utilize within PTA the VC lighting, urban night lighting and one or 2 others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

4 minutes ago, kurtb said:

no sure it is.....not tried wait for the hotfix.

1 or 1.0 or 1.00 all sound the same to me.

Just now, Nyxx said:

no sure it is.....not tried wait for the hotfix.

1 or 1.0 or 1.00 all sound the same to me.

Decimals can make a huge difference when it comes to how code is read.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

Why do you turn HDR Off in the sim?
You won't have any HDR then.

I think HDR in sim is not necesery now with REX ENV FORCE

And lights are very good in AUTO MODE