Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

ok - If you have non support comments and general questions - this is the place.  Support questions should go to the Rex support forum.

Thanx,

Vic

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm very disappointed with the purchase.

After the installation cockpits are greyed out and outside view is very bright and washed out. I followed what the other people were instructed to do on their forum to no success.

Now after I followed what it was supposed to fix the issue and uninstalled the program I'm left with washed colors and a strong possibility of re-installing the whole P3D V 4.5 and all the add ons plus other problems associated with many installations issues.

Strongly suggest for the moment STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

40 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Strongly suggest for the moment STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT! 

I read that some people have no issues....but they have no PTA or TS.....Did you tried that?

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

I was wondering how this product fits in with Sky Force.

Sky Force was supposed to receive updates to the weather engine and other aspects. As far as I recall, there hasn't been an update to Sky Force for a very long time.

Any comments out there?

I'm curious as I'd stopped using Skyforce (*or Sky Force) some time ago due to some inexplicable control problems I was having. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I have had tomato shade installed and uninstalled it restoring my original shaders with my current install of P3Dv4.5. This morning I was using my PTA profile but restored original shaders before installing EF.  

Everything worked great. Weather transitions are amazing.  Watching the water have a proper saturation and then become bluer as the skies open up was awesome. Also noticed saturation of clouds vs sunshine areas looked outstanding. It’s a much more realistic environment. 

It seems that Rex’s default saturation is lower than most people’s TS/PTA and Envtex profiles. So if you are used to seeing unrealistic super color like an iPhone photo after pressing the magic wand then you will notice a difference. This only until some talented people come up with a few user created scenes. 

The cockpit stuff is all related to installing shaders on top of shaders. I don’t know what people expected when doing that. If you installed Envshade while you have a TS profile running you’d get a mess as well.

Don’t let a few reviews highjack your opinion. It will take a few days to get TS reflections working with this and it might take some tweaking to get iPhone photo/wall calendar saturation but this has huge potential and out of the box things work great. The lighting and world are changing on the fly.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I read that some people have no issues....but they have no PTA or TS.....Did you tried that?

Thank you for the info.

I don't have them, I'm just so upset that I spent money to aggravate and give myself work that I didn't need it.

1 minute ago, RichieFly said:

I was wondering how this product fits in with Sky Force.

Sky Force was supposed to receive updates to the weather engine and other aspects. As far as I recall, there hasn't been an update to Sky Force for a very long time.

Any comments out there?

I'm curious as I'd stopped using Skyforce (*or Sky Force) some time ago due to some inexplicable control problems I was having. 

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48971-rex-sky-force-news-updates/

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Thanks. Good to know they're still working on it.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

5 minutes ago, killthespam said:

don't have them, I'm just so upset that I spent money to aggravate and give myself work that I didn't need it.

Do you have envshade installed with Envtex? What are your HDR settings?

1 minute ago, TravelRunner404 said:

No, and HDR is at 1.2, 0.0., 1.0

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

All that I have installed is Active Sky, Orbx Global Base Pack and only PMDG 747, nothing else. And no tweaks on config file.

Edited by killthespam

I just completed my first experience with EF using Automation Mode and I am impressed with what I saw. First and foremost, before installing and using EF I think it would be wise to not use any other shader programs right now. I reset my PTA and ENV programs to default before installing. I wanted to just see what EF could do and not mess up anything else with multiple shader programs installed at once. 

I kept Active Sky closed, I only used Sky Force and it's built-in weather, and of course Environment Force. My home town right now is a gloomy day, rain, very overcast, a great test to see if the sim would produce what is outside my window. I felt that it accomplished the best accurate depictions of that weather that I have seen so far in P3D using multiple programs prior to this. Very happy so far, can't wait to get more experienced with the depth that EF has to offer. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

....this might be a stupid question, but how do I reset all my shader programs...if I have them. Can't remember if I have TS, PTA, ENV or all 3. LOL.

Thanks

Before jumping into conclusions it's wise to experiment for some hours/days after a release. A first impression can be bad due to a number of reasons, including wrong settings. In my case I installed EF in a default P3D shader configuration. What I noticed instantly was that the bloom was too high and colors too bright and washed out. However, instead of running here and screaming "don't buy this product !!!!!" I thought this can't be what it is supposed to do. Spending some time playing with the settings, I realized that EF has its own HDR. Reading the manual, the HDR option is clear in the settings description: "Turn OFF HDR: This section must remain on when HDR is turned on in the simulator.". 

So guys, even if you use the "Auto" option doesn't mean you shouldn't read the manual. You can have either P3D's HDR or EF's HDR, but not both, or you'll get a mess. Using one of the two will result in normal bloom and brightness. 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I did a flight around southern England EGKK ORBX UK with sky force and EV ok, if your having a problem with shaders set it back to default delete the P3D sharders and a client repair as you would when upgrading, EV has a control were you can adjust the brightness.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg