Jump to content

ZAmil517

P3Dv4 CTD frequently !!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

hi guys

 

i just installed the P3DV4 recently after building a new Rig, since 3 years ago.....

i dont remember i did something abnormal today except upgrading my RTX2080 driver through the Geforce excperience,,, but until yesterday everything i think was good and perfect..the system still under testing till now, but i can judge that everything was good without any crashes untill i did my upgrade today....below is appviewer report,,hope i get help to fix this problem....

 

THX

 

Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=132020956199637468
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=132020956216624063
ReportStatus=268566528
ReportIdentifier=98bd95a2-320a-447a-a0da-bdaeca249dcb
IntegratorReportIdentifier=81ca1a96-f841-4307-97f5-c55f54343171
Wow64Host=34404
NsAppName=Prepar3D.exe
OriginalFilename=Prepar3D.exe
AppSessionGuid=00003100-0001-0016-601f-184d5908d501
TargetAppId=W:000062416ca643eea0c66683bf4bed7925bb00000904!0000f4a6d227777f5de7b2e85c3afb498a6b55cc49a0!Prepar3D.exe
TargetAppVer=2018//11//27:21:46:29!2d2651!Prepar3D.exe
BootId=4294967295
TargetAsId=305
UserImpactVector=808456976
IsFatal=1
EtwNonCollectReason=4
Response.BucketId=8847eb6aef5825201c86851de934439f
Response.BucketTable=4
Response.LegacyBucketId=2055476643454272415
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=Prepar3D.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=4.4.16.27077
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=5bfdbb35
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=KERNELBASE.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=10.0.17763.475
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=69a188f0
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0020001
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=0000000000039129
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=f250
DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=f250b6f844b895bd26f6fc5911f907eb
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=a22b
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=a22b4916a8e59558f031d99f372624c5
UI[2]=D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
UI[3]=Prepar3D exe has stopped working
UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
UI[5]=Check online for a solution and close the program
UI[6]=Check online for a solution later and close the program
UI[7]=Close the program

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're suffering from a kernelbase.dll error, becoming more and more an issue with P3Dv4.4+. No standard solution exists for this type of error. Look for the AVSIM CTD guide and follow instructions to see if you're lucky enough.

Cheers, Ed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

....Just a thought  - are you running P3Dv4 with full admin rights?

Yep ...!!!

Edited by ZAmil517

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The exception code indicates there was an issue with the installation of an addon.  Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables are used to make sure a product is installed properly and, if the software states you must have a certain version of a Microsoft dotnet, that might simply be the problem.  Did you install your software with Admin Rights?  I do not know what you have installed or how it was installed but know the Estonia Migration Tool can cause major issues as it installs software not made for P3DV4 and, although the software may work for a few times, it will eventually crash the sim.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides more information (see link in my signature). 

You might want to try the following which fixes almost every crash/freeze in P3DV4:

Return to the default configuration (does not require uninstalling anything) The following fixes most crashes with any simulator.  You can complete all actions below or do each one at a time but recommend do each one at a time.  This way you will know which component caused the freeze or crash.

·         Rename the P3D.cfg.  Change to P3D.off. A rebuilt P3D.cfg will be made when you restart the simulator.

·         Delete or rename the dll.xml.  For P3D, default is in same folder as scenery.cfg but look for one in the same folder as the P3D.cfg as some developers still use this location. Rename to dll.off.  See also the following in the AVSIM CTD Guide Move/Disable modules in your dll.xml in this guide as you can also disable each module, one at a time, from loading at startup.

·         Move or rename the scenery.cfg.  For P3D users, go to the Documents/Prepar3D V4 Add-Ons folder and move everything in this folder to a Temp directory.  This will disable all Add-ons.

·         Restart P3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The exception code indicates there was an issue with the installation of an addon.  Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables are used to make sure a product is installed properly and, if the software states you must have a certain version of a Microsoft dotnet, that might simply be the problem.  Did you install your software with Admin Rights?  I do not know what you have installed or how it was installed but know the Estonia Migration Tool can cause major issues as it installs software not made for P3DV4 and, although the software may work for a few times, it will eventually crash the sim.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides more information (see link in my signature). 

You might want to try the following which fixes almost every crash/freeze in P3DV4:

Return to the default configuration (does not require uninstalling anything) The following fixes most crashes with any simulator.  You can complete all actions below or do each one at a time but recommend do each one at a time.  This way you will know which component caused the freeze or crash.

 

·         Rename the P3D.cfg.  Change to P3D.off. A rebuilt P3D.cfg will be made when you restart the simulator.

 

·         Delete or rename the dll.xml.  For P3D, default is in same folder as scenery.cfg but look for one in the same folder as the P3D.cfg as some developers still use this location. Rename to dll.off.  See also the following in the AVSIM CTD Guide Move/Disable modules in your dll.xml in this guide as you can also disable each module, one at a time, from loading at startup.

 

·         Move or rename the scenery.cfg.  For P3D users, go to the Documents/Prepar3D V4 Add-Ons folder and move everything in this folder to a Temp directory.  This will disable all Add-ons.

 

·         Restart P3D.

 

I've tested everything but the problem still,, even downgrading my NVIDIA driver to 430.39 but i still suffering from this Kernalbase.dll problem !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, edpatino said:

You're suffering from a kernelbase.dll error, becoming more and more an issue with P3Dv4.4+. No standard solution exists for this type of error. Look for the AVSIM CTD guide and follow instructions to see if you're lucky enough.

Cheers, Ed

 

Is this mean should i go back to previous p3d versions !!??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kernelbase.dll is a Windows dll and has nothing to do with P3D.  If Windows detects a problem with one of your addons or hardware, it will throw a CTD.  It can be accessed by another program at the same time.  My suggestions now are to make sure Windows is up to date; make sure all of your drivers are up to date (see page 15, AVSIM CTD Guide); run the system file checker to make sure none of the files are corrupted - see page 14, AVSIM CTD Guide, and lastly, if all else fails, reset Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An unstable overclock or an iffy memory DIMM can also cause these sort of problems, and if that's what's behind it, no amount of software tinkering will help until the underlying hardware problem is resolved.

Any time low level firmware (BIOS) or software (chipset drivers) is changed it's a good idea to run a stress test like prime95 to make sure the overclock remains stable running the updated low-level code.

Regards

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kernel based CTD's were due to a double Fly Tampa Libraries  entry in my scenery files.  I installed a new airport and also mistakenly installed another Libraries file.  Check your scenery files for a similar situation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, w6kd said:

An unstable overclock or an iffy memory DIMM can also cause these sort of problems, and if that's what's behind it, no amount of software tinkering will help until the underlying hardware problem is resolved.

Any time low level firmware (BIOS) or software (chipset drivers) is changed it's a good idea to run a stress test like prime95 to make sure the overclock remains stable running the updated low-level code.

Regards

 

 

The only thing i did with my 9700k is turning on the turbo boost, plus setting my RAM XMP Profile to ON.not overclock at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZAmil517 said:

The only thing i did with my 9700k is turning on the turbo boost, plus setting my RAM XMP Profile to ON.not overclock at all 

XMP stands for eXtreme Memory Profile, and it is, by definition, an overclock of the RAM beyond the chip manufacturer's design specs.

My current build required a slight increase in the Vdimm to get the RAM to run stable in long-term tests at its advertised XMP (overclocked) speed and timings.  At its advertised speed, timings and voltage it threw errors--just a few of them--every 6-12 hours.  It was running right on the ragged edge of stability.  Had I not been fastidious about testing, I'm pretty sure I'd be battling insidious errors of various kinds when those random memory errors occurred during sim sessions.

An ounce of prevention, and all that...

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, Jim Young said:

The exception code indicates there was an issue with the installation of an addon.  Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables are used to make sure a product is installed properly and, if the software states you must have a certain version of a Microsoft dotnet, that might simply be the problem.  Did you install your software with Admin Rights?  I do not know what you have installed or how it was installed but know the Estonia Migration Tool can cause major issues as it installs software not made for P3DV4 and, although the software may work for a few times, it will eventually crash the sim.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides more information (see link in my signature). 

You might want to try the following which fixes almost every crash/freeze in P3DV4:

Return to the default configuration (does not require uninstalling anything) The following fixes most crashes with any simulator.  You can complete all actions below or do each one at a time but recommend do each one at a time.  This way you will know which component caused the freeze or crash.

 

·         Rename the P3D.cfg.  Change to P3D.off. A rebuilt P3D.cfg will be made when you restart the simulator.

 

·         Delete or rename the dll.xml.  For P3D, default is in same folder as scenery.cfg but look for one in the same folder as the P3D.cfg as some developers still use this location. Rename to dll.off.  See also the following in the AVSIM CTD Guide Move/Disable modules in your dll.xml in this guide as you can also disable each module, one at a time, from loading at startup.

 

·         Move or rename the scenery.cfg.  For P3D users, go to the Documents/Prepar3D V4 Add-Ons folder and move everything in this folder to a Temp directory.  This will disable all Add-ons.

 

·         Restart P3D.

 

Update:

 

I've been removed the DLL (in user/appdata/roaming/LM/P3DV4), DDL (in program data in C drive), SCENERY.CFG, P3D.CFG,and the scenery.cfg.MD5 and the DLL of Virtuali/Couatl/P3DV4 (Root of GSX V1).

Now the sim are more stable at least for the first test (untill i finished the fuel tank if FSLABS 🤣)..

Still test.... what do you think !?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ZAmil517 said:

the scenery.cfg.MD5 and the DLL of Virtuali/Couatl/P3DV4 (Root of GSX V1).

Renaming the two dll.xml's is what you were suppose to do.  Hopefully you did not delete.  Renaming or removing the scenery.cfg does nothing.  It will be rebuilt.and there will be no changes made as the scenery.cfg will still exist and so will your add-ons.  You just want to disable your add-ons.  We know the default scenery works well.  So you need to go into C:/Documents/Prepar3D v4.5 Addons and move the contents to a temp folder while you do your testing.

When you disable the modules loaded by the dll.xml's, this fixes a lot of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Renaming the two dll.xml's is what you were suppose to do.  Hopefully you did not delete.  Renaming or removing the scenery.cfg does nothing.  It will be rebuilt.and there will be no changes made as the scenery.cfg will still exist and so will your add-ons.  You just want to disable your add-ons.  We know the default scenery works well.  So you need to go into C:/Documents/Prepar3D v4.5 Addons and move the contents to a temp folder while you do your testing.

When you disable the modules loaded by the dll.xml's, this fixes a lot of things.

Unfortunately i still get this kernalbase.dll error...!!!!

Now i will trying to delete all p3d and its addons files, create another windows user and install everything thing with testing individually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, w6kd said:

XMP stands for eXtreme Memory Profile, and it is, by definition, an overclock of the RAM beyond the chip manufacturer's design specs.

The XMP data is encoded on the DIMMs by the manufacturer, and it is their design specs - for how the RAM is to operate at manufacturers' specifications that are not part of the formal JEDEC specification.

Cheers!

Luke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...