Sign in to follow this  
Guest aqui

Force Feedback WISH in FSX!

Guest jboweruk

>We're adding support for rumble in the Xbox 360 controller>but that's all--very few FF rigs in use anymore. :(So FSX is being released on the XBox as well then? :( Dammit, our last bastion of PCness gone.

No, that has not been said, only that the controller will work with FSX on a computer.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

>Personally I've tried an FF stick and quickly gave up on it.>FF just didn't convey anything except making my arms shake,>the design of the whole thing didn't feel at all good in my>hand, and the functioning (twistgrip for example) is just>unrealistic.>>Nice for DOOM maybe, feeling the recoil of your plasma cannon,>but not for FS.Your opinion and I'll take it with a grain of salt. Who uses a joystick with a first person shooter??I agree, LOVE FF and was PO'ed I couldn't get my sidewinder II to work with my new MOBO, you have no idea how hard it was to find another good FF joystick and I am still not happy with it. I find myself using my joystick more and more over my yoke simple bacause you have some feeling in aircraft response.Where is that FF petition, I'll sign it!!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

I agree. I love the "sensation" I get when landing on a runway with FF. I am sad that MS is/has moved away from it. I understand why they did - lack of people purschasing it. I think most people bulked at buying a ff stick due to its higher cost, and not due to any "unrealistic" feel. I think if more people had used a FF stick, they would be more willing to buy one. Then in a perfect world, we would have FF yokes!Before I started using the FF stick, I didn't realize the "effects" I was missing. Since the MSff2 joystick was about 100 dollars, I almost didn't buy it. Now, I am glad I did. And using a nonfs stick now makes the my FS experience feel lacking; more of a "muted" experience. It's almost like watching a movie on a black and white tv set, instead of on a color tv. IMHO.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Guest Surge

>The product line was abandoned because of poor sales, thus>the customers have spoken and the vast majority don't want>FF.>>It would therefore not make much sense to invest heavily in>the continued support and even enhancing the capabilities of>FF in software, given that few people make use of it and that>number will decrease sharply as the product gets older as>customers replace hardware.The primary reason for poor sales was the price tag.If there were companies releasing FF hardware with a $50 price tag it would have been another story.>Personally I've tried an FF stick and quickly gave up on it.>FF just didn't convey anything except making my arms shake,>the design of the whole thing didn't feel at all good in my>hand, and the functioning (twistgrip for example) is just>unrealistic.Just made your arms shake?!Are you talking about a cheap "rumble" stick (90% of so called FF sticks) or a proper FF stick with servo motors and PLL circuitry driven by a microprocessor?If it was a proper FF stick then it must have been badly implemented in the game you were playing.Have you ever tried using a FF stick in Flight Unlimited III?Now that was excellent FF in a flight sim! As you slow down the stick gets slack and as you speed up it gets stiff. When you approach a stall it gets all sloppy in your hands. Very close to the real thing - not just a bump and shake thing like most flight sims implement.Paul

I will be really disappointed if FSX doesn't support FF. I can't believe that they would take something like that out. I love flying WWII era planes and having FF makes it much more realistic IMHO.I bought my Sidewinder2 for the FF. I don't care if they don't change the FF from what is now - BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T REMOVE IT AS AN OPTION FROM FSX!!!!

Just adding my voice to the chorus. I fly with Force Feedback and prefer it. It is not a question of accuracy, who really cares? but about more feeling, greater enjoyment of flight, and ultimately, more fun.Best regards.Luis

Glad to hear this "uprising" of voices. We've been pushed around long enough. I'm tired of hearing that reality doesn't produce a feeling in the stick. The point is this: It's better to feel something...than feel NOTHING. That's just the way life is. The stick is the thing now, and we who enjoy it (and MICROSOFT endorsed it with their stick) should have it supported in our hobby. PERIOD!

Guest robby88

I use a Logitec Force3D pro. Best tell EB games they don't sell they seem to have plenty.

Guest tdragger

In case there's some confusion, we're not taking anything away. You'll still have the same FF functionality as FS2004.

>In case there's some confusion, we're not taking anything>away. You'll still have the same FF functionality as FS2004.That is great!!!! Thanks for the clarification. :-)

Guest aqui

But in FS2004 the "return to center" function of the FF joystick is disabled when FS2004 is loading. WHY?!!I think that this function is very important! I hope that FSX will not disable this function. I think that it is a good idea to put this function to a option that can be disabled or enabled.How do you think about this problem tdragger?

Guest jboweruk

Thanks Jim and TDragger, glad that's cleared up, on both accounts. Phew, had me worried there for a while, thought I'd have to get rid of my Cybord 3D force. :)

Good news, Tdragger.Hope that a new addon program from some talented individual will "enhance" the program to finally produce bumps from turbulence when it's detected in the weather.Thanks for the clarification....it'd good to know that we'll at least have what we have now.

Hi!I'm using the "Saitek Cyborg Evo Force". I "disabled" the physical centering spring, but the "return to center" force in FS works fine for me.Good to hear that FF will be available in FSX but it would have been nice to see some improvement. Since there are at least three companies still producing FF-Sticks I think there are some people out there (like me) who enjoy flying with FF! :-beerchug