SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

Not trolling. There is a NEW MS Flight sim shown at Electronics Expo (E3)!!!!

• Like 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

double...

Edited by PaulGR

1 minute ago, Shaheen said:

But from my understanding it's for Xbox 

No, its for PC. You can play by buying xbox pass

Posted (edited)

Well I'm going to be very cynical, sorry to be a downer but I'm very doubtful there'll anything to hold the attention of us proper flight simmers. It's a pretty video but we've seen this all before from Microsoft with Flight, aimed at casual gamers and revenue heavily dependent based on MS selling a lot of rushed DLC, probably ortho sceneries looking at that video. There'll be a few select places where it looks very pretty and detailed like the video (I'm not convinced that airport stuff is in-game footage), then everything else will likely be rubbish and/or cost extra. It'll either run roughly or there'll be no systems depth, especially as Xbox One isn't all that powerful. Wouldn't be surprised if third party developers are entirely locked out the ecosystem or have to pay licensing to MS to have it distributed via their platform.

EDIT: wondering if it'll be cloud based photo scenery, with the whole game on a subscription basis. On the plus side graphics suggest a possible evolution of the game engine used in Flight which seemed pretty solid but lacking in content. But a clean break to something like Unigine or Outerra engines might be better.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 11

Xbox oh no! But it looks very good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Well I'm going to be incredible cynical, sorry to be a downer but I'm very doubtful there is anything there for us proper flight simmers. We've seen this all before from Microsoft with Flight, aimed at casual gamers and heavily dependent based on selling a lot of rushed DLC, probably ortho sceneries looking at that video. There'll be a few select places where it looks very pretty and details, then everything else will likely be rubbish and/or cost extra. It'll either run roughly or there'll be no systems depth, especially as Xbox One isn't all that powerful.

Its on PC. XBOX is now like stream platfrom you can play some games on xbox some games only on xbox and some games only on PC by buying xbox pass

Edited by ziomalnik

2 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Well I'm going to be incredible cynical, sorry to be a downer but I'm very doubtful there is anything to hold the attention of us proper flight simmers. We've seen this all before from Microsoft with Flight, aimed at casual gamers and heavily dependent based on selling a lot of rushed DLC, probably ortho sceneries looking at that video. There'll be a few select places where it looks very pretty and detailed, then everything else will likely be rubbish and/or cost extra. It'll either run roughly or there'll be no systems depth, especially as Xbox One isn't all that powerful.

What like FSX ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ziomalnik said:

Its on PC. XBOX is now like stream platfrom you can play same games on xbox same games only on xbox and same games only on PC by buying xbox pass

You can buy the games as single also

Posted (edited)

> We've seen this all before from Microsoft with Flight, aimed at casual gamers and heavily dependent based on selling a lot of rushed DLC, probably ortho sceneries looking at that video.

I am optimistically cautious as well, however a big part of me tells me that the response of the community to past offerings, such as MS Flight and Flight Sim World should make it clear that no matter how much effort they put into it, the community will not buy in if they take that route. Lets remain hopeful that they are smart enough to have learned the lessons of past missteps. I remain hopefully optimistic. The trailer looks fantastic!

Edited by GACSavannah
spelling correction
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Xbox oh no!

They mentioned something about bringing Xbox games to the PC.  Perhaps this is one.  

This is insane....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

There'll be select places where it looks very pretty and detailed, then everything else will likely be rubbish and/or cost extra.

You mean like Prepar3D, XPlane, DCS World and Aerofly 2?

Edited by Rimshot
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Xbox oh no! But it looks very good.

Won't be able to tweak that bugger to death! :biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1