Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

I got about 2 yrs of enjoyment from XPlane 10, never made the leap to Xplane 11 because I'm not going to buy a new computer every couple of years like back in the day with MS.  I will say that the add-on community certainly made XP10 and XP11 what it is today when it comes to scenery.  Thousands of airports that look somewhat representative of the real world, all for free, uploaded and approved by LR prior to inclusion in the next version. Compare that to XP9 where the world was bare, not even cookie cutter structures at most airports. I wanted to like P3D but the flight model was FSX'sh like flying on rails.  Ready for something new.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Yeah Microsoft must know that also. What I'm criticizing is Randazzo's attitude saying they want it their way or they are out. They aren't open for negotiation. That says a lot to me.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, both Microsoft and 3rd need parties each other, but it's not good when you start saying you want your way or the highway. They did the "same" with Dovetail back in 2016. If Microsoft needs the partners to be on their store, why not negociate the terms? They don't even know the terms as they were not contacted and he is already demanding a totally open SDK enviroment.

I think Microsoft has the right to choose their partners, the same way PMDG has to choose theirs. 

When did RSR say it’s his way or the highway? I’m grateful for the products PMDG has developed. I think his stance is sound and business savvy. I read his entire response and what I gather is, he is simply waiting for more information. 

• Like 1

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

1 minute ago, CarlHill said:

Ready for something new.

Me too

If any of you are happy with where P3D and XP are, worry not you’ll be able to keep enjoying that.

I’m ready for a next gen interpretation of this activity and a new base to build off for the years to come. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, irrics said:

Me too

If any of you are happy with where P3D and XP are, worry not you’ll be able to keep enjoying that.

I’m ready for a next gen interpretation of this activity and a new base to build off for the years to come. 

Amen to that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

This thread is definitely entertaining to read.  I figure I'll add my misc ramblings to the cause.  I am an old school casual simmer.  Am I crazy that I kind of like where I'm at as far as P3Dv4? I get in my RealAir DukeB60 v2 or my F1 BN-2 Islander and fly from point a to point b, yeah, I see things that look strange, but I also see things that look somewhat real - a tree, a house, a road, clouds, sun and stars, rain, snow, etc.  I see lights at night and I see great freeware airports, great payware airports and even some photoreal stuff here and about that I've acquired throughout the years.  Yes, my system will make stutter or two occasionally or I'll have a crash sometimes, I reboot and hit it again for days and weeks on end with no issues and everything is hunky dory in my world.  I like everything about my current set-up to include all my payware/freeware aircraft and sceneries that very talented people developed and shared with this hobby. The only eye candy I care about in my sim is what I can see in the VC and when I taxi about to take-off or park.  Everything else I could care less about - although I like the weather stuff too.  A functioning aircraft that has good sound and flight dynamics (to which I'm no expert and I most likely wouldn't know the difference if it smacked me in the grill) and lots of buttons to click and handles to pull.  Anyway, my point is, I'm old and set in my ways and I like flying in P3D, I like flying in XP11 also.  I'm glad MS is trying to get to get us to that next level, but quite frankly, they gonna have to pry my cheapass yoke from my cold dead hands if they're gonna go to real time streaming and pay to play whatever.  I went out and bought another scenery today in celebration of my resistance to change on this.  I think I will go buy a new airplane to tootle around in and enjoy what I have while I can, because, one-day, all this stuff is gonna be gone.  Again, don't get me wrong, I'm glad we see the rumblings of a possible the next gen sim, but as for me and mine, I'm gonna keep supporting these cool devs that keep us in our sim seats day in and day out, until the worms come to eat my carcass from the depths of the dirt.  Diddy

As will I. I’ll purchase MSFS 2020 but I’ll continue to use my P3D and Xplane with VATSIM. My current set up is great and I, like you, will continue to support third party dev’s. 

• Like 4

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

24 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Well we have entered into the "Theater of the Absurd" in three short days. LOL Now we have a guy having you imagine one program that gives us gigi-gogal amounts of data, weather, AI, and god knows what else and get rid of Add ons  and scenery Devs manage our files for us and more. This all comes out of a less than 2 min promo by some marketing clown and I guess it will only cost $39.95. No wonder MS thinks they are going to be shooting blind fish in a barrel. 

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

3 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!

Is that supposed to be laughing or ?

• Like 1

How hard would it have been for FSX or P3D to introduce some random yaw/pitch variations in flight to make us believe we were actually riding on air vs a train track?  Almost everyone I know that jumped to XP did so for the flight model and had to live with the lack of eye candy.  I used to fly real life GA quite a bit and I never remember a flight that was straight as an arrow and lacking in the bump department.  If MS can get the flight model believable to go along with the modern visuals, I see no reason to keep the old stuff. That's just me thinking, only time will tell.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, irrics said:

Yes, sorry.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Give me this level of immersion and Ill buy it...

fdsf1.jpg

dfdfgfg5.jpg

ddfgdf6.jpg

Don't. And I won't.

This looks very exciting.

But I will certainly think about it given the sheer amount of money I've spent over the years.

Oh, forget it. Bring it on. I'll buy it!

Go Microsoft - DO THIS. Really don't care how much you are going to charge for this,,

Edited by Guest

The photo in the backseat cracks me up.

Maybe it’s because I’m a real life pilot, but my desire to see the view in the back seat on a flight simulator is less than zero and always has been. 

That said I also don’t want or need to simulate the air conditioning system fully or pretend I’m talking to passengers in the back with the PA button.

Nor do I want to “have to do maintenance” on a virtual plane before I can fly it again.

What’s next?  ...a simulation in VR of actually having to put gas in the tank?

lol

Some things are best left in the real world because they are tedious and not fun. 

Edited by irrics
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, irrics said:

He must be Spanish. :biggrin:

• Like 3

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 minutes ago, irrics said:

The photo in the backseat cracks me up.

Maybe it’s because I’m a real life pilot,

Me too. What do you fly? I have over 250 Hours PPL, mostly flying South Coast UK.

Where are you?

My ambition is to acquire a C421 and fly it.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Not one bit. I've bought a lot of great products but I won't miss a single one of them going forward. I'm ready for new developers and products.

In the same vein, if a third party paid economy springs up, I hope a fresh platform and reinvigorated support also means more competitive pricing and some community passion. Then we'll see a lot more high-quality freeware projects akin to what's happening on the X-Plane side, instead of every word not allowed thing having to be paid for, even the most mundane stuff.

Found my soulmate and i couldnt agree more! A market reshuffle is way overdue and certain devs may be forced to finally crawl out of their comfort zone. Its the only industry i know, where i feel i'm supposed to apologise when asking for support for something i paid for. And if i dare to question why i'm charged 20% upgrade fee in order to get a single P3Dv4.5 feature for my scenery, all i'm getting told is: "Its a business baby!" 

Its a long fall from the ivory tower and the impact may be painful. If some devs disappear because their products are no longer needed...so be it.All i can say is.."Its a business baby..."

• Like 7

What do ya think Ron?

Are you willing to walk from the million or so add-ons we collected over the years for a leap in MSFS without a parachute?

I reckon I am, but reserve the right to sneak back into P3D meanwhile and pretend otherwise!

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

• Like 1