Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

New MS Flight Sim Insider Program Open

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:22 PM, W2DR said:

From reading that and the X-Box insider forum info it appears that the new sim will be X-Box and Windows 10 PC's. No support for Windows 7. That alone kills the deal for me.........Doug

Time to move on from Windows 7

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

& DX12 needed.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

3 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

& DX12 needed.

This is why you will have to send a Dxdiag report to Microsoft when req`d to check you system is DX12 compliant and up to date drivers no more hanging on to old drivers.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I'm not sure as to where this DX12 submission request is found. Can you advise?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

How can people still think that a modern game does not use DX12 and Win10 with these graphics. Can`t believe people still whining about backwards compatibilty and outdated hard and software.

If you want an advanced flightsim you have to get rid of all old stuff that prevents improvements.

And the fact that they have nVidia as partner implies that they will use the new RTX technology which make the graphic possible and is obviously DX12.

Edited by Heimi
  • Like 2

Lol... yip, always that one in a crowd!

Dont forget the comments, that some are not interested, if their older add-ons will not work in the new sim, and, this one is still coming..... Can I get a discount because i have an older version (of planes, etc)

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

10 hours ago, Wobbie said:

& DX12 needed.

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

No way. To paraphrase Charleton Heston....you can take my Windows 7 from my cold clammy hand.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, chiquijr11 said:

Just because they end "support" that  doesn't mean that I have to "upgrade" to the MS/NSA operating system. I'll go back to XP before I do that. My son owns a cyber-security firm and the security problems with Windows 10 are truly frightening.

Edited by W2DR

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

9 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Just because they end "support" that  doesn't mean that I have to "upgrade" to the MS/NSA operating system. I'll go back to XP before I do that. My son owns a cyber-security firm and the security problems with Windows 10 are truly frightening.

Guess you didn't realize all the telemetry and logging has been retroactively patched into Windows 7. You're basically clinging on to an OS with all the downsides of Windows 10 and none of the upsides.

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-makes-telemetry-updates-for-windows-7-and-8-1-critical-updates/

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

But only if you install those updates and leave them installed. There are ways around everything. MS/NSA has NO control over my PC. What don't you understand about Big Brother? Do your homework. Life will be much less stressful.

Your tinfoil hat is on too tight my friend. And funny you'd think using a Microsoft product in the first place makes you safe from "big brother", because you chose not to install a few updates, heh.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On 6/11/2019 at 5:21 AM, jymp said:

Surely they can't be stupid enough to repeat the mistakes of "Flight" and "Flight Sim World", however this is Microsoft we're talking about....IF they make a open SDK, release it before the actual sim. have the sim be open to 3rd party mods as FS9, FSX, P3D and even X-Plane, and NO subscription, it will sell like gangbusters, even though folks will need to upgrade PC's to run it. This is a easy one MS, open to mods, no subscriptions....

It's almost certainly going to have a subscription given the streaming nature of it and that's a good thing. If their business model is to make money on recurring, monthly payments (or yearly passes), that means they can't make a shallow, limited experience. The incentive for them is to build something people want to keep playing for years and years.

• Upvote 1

DCS World seems to have it right, sure, have plenty paid DLC, (which I'm sure they will) but allow 3rd party mods from the community with no subscription, I'm not paying a monthly/yearly fee.

It's funny how people keep pushing the notion that it'll be subscription based and somehow more and more people are running with that idea. Making it a subscription simulator would kill it before it even got off the ground.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1