soloraj

New MS Flight Sim Insider Program Open

From reading that and the X-Box insider forum info it appears that the new sim will be X-Box and Windows 10 PC's. No support for Windows 7. That alone kills the deal for me.........Doug

Intel 4790K CPU, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard, Noctua NH-U12S cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2133 MHz RAM, nVidia GTX 970 GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I have had a nightmare getting signed into the Xbox screen even though I have an account and even changed my password. Had to quit due to an appointment. Will try again later, I hope everyone else will have better luck. 

Thank you.

Rick

$ Bronze Donor

EAA 1317610   

I'm sure the new sim, due out during 2020, will obviously NOT be optimised with an obsolete operating system, which, in itself, is not optimised for modern current hardware. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

3 minutes ago, chiquijr11 said:

Get ready to have your head bitten off!:blink:  Probably not the best way to start your membership here.

Charlie Aron

CPU-AMD 2GHZ  2GB RAM  NVidia Graphics FSX with SP1 and SP2  running Win XP

2 hours ago, W2DR said:

From reading that and the X-Box insider forum info it appears that the new sim will be X-Box and Windows 10 PC's. No support for Windows 7. That alone kills the deal for me.........Doug

Great! because you have until January 14th to upgrade. Microsoft will kill support of Win 7. the future is now.

• Like 1

David Zambrano, CPL IRA

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

And the good news is that you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

Win7 to Win10 is definitely an upgrade.

Not possible to login? It request a password i neber entered 😄

Posted (edited)

Probably won't help my chances but I signed up with all my 5 emails when it opened yesterday. I'll admit, I'm desperate.

Edited by Sethos1988

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Will this be hardcore or light weight gamer fare?

Chris Honke...PMDG Cultist

[P3Dv4 flier, Radar Contact, PMDG 772, MD11, 744v3, NGX, QW 787, LDS 763 and Majestic q400-8 owner]

Just now, Boomer said:

Will this be hardcore or light weight gamer fare?

That's up to the third party support to decide. P3D can be played with an Xbox controller out of the box, doesn't have a study-tier plane by default, doesn't even have a weather engine. By that definition, P3D would practically be a lightweight arcade game.

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

20 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

That's up to the third party support to decide. P3D can be played with an Xbox controller out of the box, doesn't have a study-tier plane by default, doesn't even have a weather engine. By that definition, P3D would practically be a lightweight arcade game.

True enough 

Chris Honke...PMDG Cultist

[P3Dv4 flier, Radar Contact, PMDG 772, MD11, 744v3, NGX, QW 787, LDS 763 and Majestic q400-8 owner]

Tried to sign up. I never got an email to verify my email address.

NAX669.png