Sign in to follow this  

24 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Hi VR simmers.

Does anyone know how to setup VR-SLI?

I was reading this over at the Nvidia site:

https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks/graphics/vrsli

Is it worth buying another 2080ti and get each card to drive each eye panel.

IM

This would be great in theory, but I don't think p3d supports it.  Not sure about xplane

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

They way I read the article is that Flyinside is the VR MOD and works for Prepar3D, but not for FSX as it has an older architecture.  I don't know how true this is, I can't any other reference to it.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:53 AM, soloraj said:

They way I read the article is that Flyinside is the VR MOD and works for Prepar3D, but not for FSX as it has an older architecture.  I don't know how true this is, I can't any other reference to it.

There is a Flyinside Version for both.

I currently use it for FSX VR

Here's a vid of it I made 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CdkXTdANgJo2U00_L_uerAmUFBhaE4iS/view?usp=sharing

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

so whats the verdict?  does VR sli work in p3d  v4 without flyinside?

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

On 9/1/2019 at 6:34 AM, Pilot53 said:

so whats the verdict?  does VR sli work in p3d  v4 without flyinside?

I have not tried VR SLI due do not wanting to waste money on another 2080ti just to find out it doesn’t work in SLI.

But a few people smarter than I on this forum have told me don’t bother with SLI particularly with P3D which is my one and only SIM.

Rob A indicated that SLI causes texture or artifact issues and that I should stick with a single card.

Waiting for Santa to send me a single RTX TITAN. 

I used Flyinside a while back but the resolution was terrible and I went back to P3D native VR for clear viewing..

Do we really want it to work? Think about it, I have a single RTX2080t with an OC'ed i7700k and a VR headset that's cost me AU$1000, altogether I've spent the best part of $4000 on my rig and now the nest step is supposed to be that I would go and get another RTX to go with it? I hope not. 

DCS work really well in VR in 97% of situations, as for the rest of the time, whatever!

SLI has always been a waste of money for me. Had nothing but performance issues with  them since 2009.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2