Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Excellent Analysis of trailer by former ACES member

22 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Sky watcher, I say this with all due respect but did you even read the verbal I gave you?

I have tried to point out direct and indirect posting as both are the same. I am direct, Mengy above is indirect but in the end, it's all the same thing. We both post in the same manner.

Noooch on the other hand, has been nothing but respectful and posted appropriately. He doesn't agree with what I say and this is fine. His posting is not indirect but simply honest from someone who can disagree in a respectful manner and in return would always receive respectful responses from myself. With such members positive and rational discussion is possible.

Don't panic, I have no intention on staying and causing mods more headaches, I am leaving just wanted to clear these final points about my thoughts on the screenshot etc that were asked for before I go.

Mark Daniels

4 hours ago, Noooch said:

I agree and disagree on this:

Look at  your screen, you are able to visualize what is around it and in the background, but you don't focus on it so if you had to make a picture of what you see entirely, the background would just be blurry I think.

And even if you disagree with what I just said, this picture might just not be an in-game picture, and that's also fine by me because the level of detail and the quality are the things important for me.

I totally understand what you are suggesting, I'm assuming you are meaning areas that would be in our peripheral vision are well represented using DOF?

My point regarding DOF and reality, is elements will always not be sharp using DOF. With the eye in a real; situation, you can look at any area and it would be sharp. If the game has a DOF effect, it's not like reality because those particular areas will always be blurry. The other problem area is dynamic range. The whites in the screenshot, are too bright or what we would term blown out, they show no detail whatsoever. In the same scene in reality, the human eye would see detail in those areas.

Mark Daniels

8 hours ago, Mengy said:

Why aren't you excited again?  Because the negative points you keep stating as fact don't seem to jive with the reality of what we've been shown, and I'm still confused about your reasons for being so pessimistic?  🤔

I can't explain it in any more ways. You are taking very open terms and creating your own specific meanings for them. There is not one single, solitary direct indication been made to demonstrate MSFS will be a FSX replacement. Would you not expect to see this? Maybe expect them to post something about SIDS/STARS or functional FMC's or improved ATC or use SDK over content? Does it not seem odd to be highlighting basic flight sim features if they are actually producing a FSX replacement???

Edited by Skywatcher

Mark Daniels

Last time you quoted part of MSFS last announcement about ATC and flight planning saying it was an indication that it will be a plane game.

Now you are telling us that them not posting about ATC and flight planning is an indication that it will be a plane game.

They did, you even quoted them and laughed, they also talked about addon support on their first announcement. Of course they haven't gone into details, just like any other feature, because they have to wait until a certain date.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cepact said:

Last time you quoted part of MSFS last announcement about ATC and flight planning saying it was an indication that it will be a plane game.

Now you are telling us that them not posting about ATC and flight planning is an indication that it will be a plane game.

They did, you even quoted them and laughed, they also talked about addon support on their first announcement. Of course they haven't gone into details, just like any other feature, because they have to wait until a certain date.

See your post count has now gone up to 14. lol

If you are going to suggest things I said, at least use things I actually said. I said nothing about ATC. I said they mentioned a flight planner and that was it. They did not make any specific comment beyond this suggesting the flight planner will have increased functionality from what any flight sim has. That's what I am looking for, ANYTHING that tells us this will be beyond a simple everyday plane game and something that tells us it will be a continuation of the franchise.

EVERYTHING in this forum is based one one thing, the game title. There is nothing else so far released that indicates this will be a modern FSX.

Mark Daniels

Why would they make hints to features like flight planning, VR, weather simulation and SDK in their announcements if they aren't going to improve/include them ?

You are using the fact that they are making these hints as somewhat a proof that they won't be improved and it will be a "plane game" What kind of reasoning is that ? Ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to say this again. A members post count in no way reflects their knowledge.

This is considered abusive behavior and is not acceptable. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

10 hours ago, Mengy said:

Yes?

- New flight model: It could very well be better, more detailed, and more realistic than anything currently available.  We don't know either way at this point.

- VFR-IFR flight: Sounds good to me, just like every sim available today.

- Weather Simulation: It already appears to use volumetric clouds, with cloud shadows too, and what we saw in the trailer looked marvelous.  Very excited about this.

- VR: Many people are looking forward to using VR with a sim that looks this realistic.

I have to say Skycatcher, from what we've seen and heard from MS so far, YES I am very excited.  And I am certainly a long term hardcore sim user who also flies for real from time to time.

Why aren't you excited again?  Because the negative points you keep stating as fact don't seem to jive with the reality of what we've been shown, and I'm still confused about your reasons for being so pessimistic?  🤔

Right?!

If they are really marketing IFR/VFR flights, flight planning and weather engine for the gamers that never heard about a flight simulator, they have the worst marketing team in the face of the earth. Those are terms they never heard before, they don't care about it. 

I would like to know also where are those Xbox Forums where people are talking about those features (as they said they are monitoring the forums and collecting data). They clearly are monitoring specialized forums like Avsim. Which makes me think they are aiming the long term simmers (also).

That said, I fully respect and think Skywatcher has the right to be negative and all, but his vision is totally biased for something I have no idea what it is.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 hour ago, Skywatcher said:

EVERYTHING in this forum is based one one thing, the game title. There is nothing else so far released that indicates this will be a modern FSX.

What do you understand for modern FSX? Because the little info that we got points to a mordern flight simulator. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flamingpie said:

From the MFS site:

"We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR." This tells us MFS "will be beyond a simple everyday plane game".

"We hear you, we value you, we want to make the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator for you, with you." This tells us MFS "will be a continuation of the franchise".

Seems pretty clear to me...?

It tells us nothing about what's going to differentiate it from FSX/P3D, not does it mention features or contain any information about the licensing model, nor does it define "simulator" or even what is meant by a "next generation", and to be blunt, the translated version above convey no additional information meaning.  o my ear, what's on the MFS site sounds very familiar to the hype that accompanied the announcement of MS Flight, so to me it's all very unclear...for now, at least.

Not that lack of clarity matters very much at this point, since there's no buying decision to make. 

Why you guys keep bringing up ATC, flightplanning and VR like they announced those features?

The latest update simply mentioned the fact that Microsoft is aware of what the community is talking about, it isn't a list of features that will surely be in the simulator. Sure you can expect them, but the point of that update wasn't to give the community a list of confirmed features.

"There are many very important topics being discussed in the community (e.g. New Flight Model/IFR-VFR Flight/Weather Simulation Depth/VR Support, etc.). The team is constantly monitoring the feedback/suggestions being discussed and please know that many of these topics and more, will be covered thoroughly in near future updates."

Edited by france89

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, france89 said:

Why you guys keep bringing up ATC, flightplanning and VR like they announced those features?

The latest update simply mentioned the fact that Microsoft is aware of what the community is talking about, it isn't a list of features that will surely be in the simulator. Sure you can expect them, but the point of that update wasn't to give the community a list of confirmed features.

"There are many very important topics being discussed in the community (e.g. New Flight Model/IFR-VFR Flight/Weather Simulation Depth/VR Support, etc.). The team is constantly monitoring the feedback/suggestions being discussed and please know that many of these topics and more, will be covered thoroughly in near future updates."

Just to point out they are monitoring specialized forums/boards/blogs like avsim, not gaming forums. As those features wouldn't come up on a gaming forum.

And you are a bit wrong there, on the simulator discription they said it will have a flight planning and weather simulation. 

At this point we know nothing in detail, but we can say they are leading us to think it will be a full fledged simulator, more than pointing out to a flight game.

• Like 1

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 hours ago, Holdit said:

It tells us nothing about what's going to differentiate it from FSX/P3D

I think the visuals in the video and screen shots do that quite well. 🙂

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

44 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I think the visuals in the video and screen shots do that quite well. 🙂

Hook

Right?!

The visuals are completely different. About the other features, we will have to wait and see. But saying we have no clue if will be different is an wrong statement. We already know they improved a lot in the visuals area when compared to FSX (or even with MS Flight).

Edited by ca_metal

On 7/15/2019 at 9:49 AM, Skywatcher said:

I can assure you I am seeing things none of you are.

19 hours ago, Skywatcher said:

There is absolutely nothing that has been released to this point that makes me even question I could possibly be wrong.

If you really are arrogant enough to think that you're the only one who can see through MS's (very, very minimal) marketing, then I feel sorry for you. There are plenty of people here who are well-qualified to comment (but lack your cynicism) and have opinions which, in spite of what you may think to the contrary, are just as valid as yours. To say that you can see things that none of us do and that you can't possibly be wrong, based on what we actually know so far, is almost laughable. It's like saying that because you've cooked and eaten food in the past, you can somehow tell how something will taste just by looking a picture of it.

Look at what they are promoting, a flight planner, a new flight model, VFR-IFR flight, weather simulation, VR. Does this sound like it's going to excite the long term hardcore FSX user or possibly excite the more casual Xbox gamer?-

In a word, yes! You only need to look around all of the flight sim forums to see how people are reacting to the possibilities this new sim may offer.

I'll try and clarify things even further. There has been no direct association between MSFS and previous FS versions made in any way, zip, zero, absolutely nothing.

Really? The fact that all of the other versions in the series have also been call Microsoft Flight Simulator (+ suffix) is just an accidental, unfortunate coincidence?

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit