Sign in to follow this  
spilok

The "magic" of a NEW Config file

Hi, rebuilt p3d4.5 cfg file, reapplied my options, run Orbx migration and applied my cfg tweek as per Rob instructions. Still very low FPS. Very low nearly not able to fly, 8-10 FPS in VC and 18-20 outside.

My specs, i7 6700k 4,2 ghz, 49” tv 4k at 60 htz unlimited FPS, GTX 1080 ti.

FXAA on with 4xSAA, Anisotropic 16x, texture res ultra, VSync off, resolution 3840x2160x32.

With VSync ON  and Triple buffering I tried and ( don’t know the right word) I get objects shaking plus taxi yellow lines. 

Please, please advise.

Geo

Edited by georgiosgiannoukos

33 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hi, rebuilt p3d4.5 cfg file, reapplied my options, run Orbx migration and applied my cfg tweek as per Rob instructions. Still very low FPS. Very low nearly not able to fly, 8-10 FPS in VC and 18-20 outside.

FXAA on with 4xSAA, Anisotropic 16x, texture res ultra, VSync off, resolution 3840x2160x32.

With VSync ON  and Triple buffering I tried and ( don’t know the right word) I get objects shaking plus taxi yellow lines. 

Please, please advise.

Geo

Try MSAA instead of SSAA, because 4k is too demanding for this.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Thanks, with 4xMSAA, Vsync on with or without triple buffering, unlimited FPS too blurry, flickering. 

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Please, please advise.

Geo

I got  a similar issue as yours with about the same system but at 4.7ghz. I find the 30Htz with VSync on and locked at 30 is the best setting. I to struggle with low frames in heavy areas but in most areas It is fine. SSAA at 4X is also what I use anything less is unacceptable for me.   If you want 4k you just got to live with it, there is no magic bullet. A 2080ti would be better at 4k paired with a chip that can run at 5 ghz. Its all making compromises unless you have a big budget.  These are my observations.  Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

47 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Thanks, with 4xMSAA, Vsync on with or without triple buffering, unlimited FPS too blurry, flickering. 

Then try FXAA on top of it or 8xMSAA (with or without FXAA). 4xSSAA is already almost to demanding for my 1440p screen with a 1080Ti, 4K you can simply not run along with 4xSSAA...

I also get the best results like this:

- 120Hz on my monitor and 30FPS inside P3D (make sure that you get a straight divisor here)

- VSYNC on inside P3D, triple buffering unticked.

- Affinity Mask inside prepar3d.cfg limiting P3D on the "real" cores only (in your case it would be "85" if HT is on).

- move all addons off core0 by .bat files (except UT2, this is a hassle to get off core0) or via process lasso.

- set up your Prepar3d as such that you get those 30FPS in most of the cases.

Like this, I have almost stutter free flying and even in heavy scenarios with FPS below 30, it is still acceptable.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

AnkH    Please explain me according the affinity mask for P3d cfg, while HT is off. How can I do it.

how to move all add ons off core 0, please explain me 

George

If HT is off, you do not need an AM in your config anymore, as you then anyway run your CPU with the "real" cores only. For a .bat file, you need to check some online resources, start over at codelegend. As soon as I have some time on my simming rig, I can post you a short how to...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Please AnkH while you have time, I will appreciate if you can advise me how to because have no knowledge of this so much.

Thank you in advance 

Geo

Edited by georgiosgiannoukos

Geo, try this:

- create a simple .txt file and open it for example with Notepad++

- define where to start your addon from, example from me: Active Sky:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "Active Sky for P3D4" /affinity F00 "D:\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\AS_P3Dv4.exe"

of course, you have to adjust the path for your needs and the affinity designator in HEX code. F00 means 1111 0000 0000, this restricts Active Sky on my 8700K with HT on on the core4 and core5 as well as thread4 and thread5, leaving core0 out. Two cores and two threads are sufficient for AS. On your 4 core CPU without HT, you could try 1110 or 1100. For 1110, you would need to put E, for 1100 you would need to put C.

- last step: both the .exe you want to start and the .bat file you use for starting the addon need to be started using administrator rights.

- if you do not want to take care about starting AS or whatever addon with the .bat file, you can simply use the desktop symbol to start the .bat file instead of the .exe.

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Hi Folks,

I finally got around to renaming the p3d.cfg file and letting it rebuild. What a difference! The jerkies are gone at least for now. I just noticed that ASN does not seem to be available, do i need to re-install this? And what about all the Orbx stuff??

Any further suggestions greatly appreciated!!

8 hours ago, lennie said:

Hi Folks,

I finally got around to renaming the p3d.cfg file and letting it rebuild. What a difference! The jerkies are gone at least for now. I just noticed that ASN does not seem to be available, do i need to re-install this? And what about all the Orbx stuff??

Any further suggestions greatly appreciated!!

ASN needs a CFG to start. So first start P3D without ASN, rearrange your settings in P3D. Close it and start ASN, THEN start P3D again. ORBX stuff doenst have anything to do with your P3D.CFG so they should be fine

Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Marcus, I am good to go now!!

Old topic. But question. I’m about to rebuild my cfg. Do I need to uninstall ts profile and reflection profiles first?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Another question, as i am curious about it:

Did someone do a detailed comparison of his/her old config-file and the newly generated One?

Because there must be a reason for this to work und no "magic" involved.

Looking forward to your answers.