Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZKOKQ

PacSim RKSI Released

In the case that somebody missed it: An update for Seoul was released, which improves the dynamic lights at the satellite terminal and that adds missing taxiway designators (well, at least some of them...) in the AFCAD file.

If you still have unnamed taxiways in EFB v2, ATC software or similar, you can use Airport Design editor (List>Taxi Designators>Add) to add them.

@tszchun_ansonFunny you bring this up, Anson. I did another fly to BDO's RJBB Kansai a couple of days ago without the ORBX vector files and saw the exact same flickering. But I think I have good news for you. After a bit of try and error, I could finally identify GSE_anim.BGL as the faulty file. So, rename GSE_anim.BGL in BDO's Kansai to off and test if this resolves the problem. 

It seems that the only faulty ORBX vector file for Japan is 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl (acknowledged by ORBX) and the flickering at BDO's RJBB Kansai is triggered by GSE_anim.BGL.

Cheers,
Christoph

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

@tszchun_ansonFunny you bring this up, Anson. I did another fly to BDO's RJBB Kansai a couple of days ago without the ORBX vector files and saw the exact same flickering. But I think I have good news for you. After a bit of try and error, I could finally identify GSE_anim.BGL as the faulty file. So, rename GSE_anim.BGL in BDO's Kansai to off and test if this resolves the problem. 

It seems that the only faulty ORBX vector file for Japan is 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl (acknowledged by ORBX) and the flickering at BDO's RJBB Kansai is triggered by GSE_anim.BGL.

Cheers,
Christoph

Wow! Very very grateful to hear that the solution was found. Do you notice any side effect of disabling the GSE_anim.BGL?

Anson

I have to say, that the dev really stepped its game up with this release. It's not perfect. NO ADDON is perfect. However, owning pacsim's RCTP as well as this release i can clearly see the difference. Textures are much neater, shadows are sharp, and the overall modelling is meticulous. To me SODE are a must have in any P3DV4 scenery. And there are here, in RKSI. I just did some flights from and to it, with no issues. No elevation concerns or anything like that. Again just a simple scan for EFB2, and for the 747-8 ground maps did the trick. I'd almost say, this thing is way better than aerosoft's reference mega airport port-overs (EDDF for example) and is way ahead of T2G, more like in between DD and Flightbeam. Price is a bit higher than average but it's justified, like you won't feel like you lost ur money.

One thing I'm not understanding is Graham's explanation of why the AFCAD can't be fully updated: 

The old RKSI data obviously does not have info about a few taxiways, especially on the west side (rwy 16/34) and Terminal 2 areas. We therefore couldn't edit the old RKSI afcad file to include new taxiways designations because the data from 2006 (date of FSX release) and beyond were hardcoded onto the sim engine.

Has this happened with any other 3rd party airports? I don't recall any other 3rd party devs who were unable to override the default AFCAD completely.

@Wolkenschreck 

Thank you for the tip for removing double bridge. I assume we can apply the same procedure for double bridges around Portland and San Francisco airports from Flightbeam? 

Also, where is the RKSI update? Complete new download or? 

Thnx, 

Ivan

Ivan Majetic

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO; 7900X3D; NZXT KRAKEN ELITE 360, GIGABYTE RTX 4080; G.SKILL TridentZ DDR5 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ALIENWARE 3423DWF

On 7/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, tszchun_anson said:

Wow! Very very grateful to hear that the solution was found. Do you notice any side effect of disabling the GSE_anim.BGL?

Anson

GSE_anim.BGL does contain the animated ground vehicles (i.e., the moving pushback tug, trucks on the cargo apron and a de-icer). I just hope that it does fix the problem at Kansai, as I could not find any solution for it yet. I would appreciate your feedback if the problem is also solved for you, Anson. Other users reported the same issue over at Facebook, and I think Bdo should be notified about the faulty file.

21 hours ago, Chapstick said:

One thing I'm not understanding is Graham's explanation of why the AFCAD can't be fully updated: 

Has this happened with any other 3rd party airports? I don't recall any other 3rd party devs who were unable to override the default AFCAD completely.

Sorry, but Pacsim's statement is plainly wrong. Just look at some recent greenfield airports that were built after the release of FSX or runway extensions. T2G’s Doha, AA’s Bangkok or the northwest runway at Aerosoft’s Frankfurt come to mind. The AFCAD for the former two were done from scratch. And Aerosoft also managed to get the taxi designators right in the Frankfurt extension. Moreover, Aerosoft (or better Oliver Pabst, who is doing the AFCADS for GAP and Sim-Wings) does also include the correct approach data.

All you need is Airport Design Editor to add new taxi designators and approaches. The AFCAD for Seoul was done with ADE (easy to spot by the file name) and I have to acknowledge that the parking allocation is very good. But missing taxi designators and approaches are a no-go for a payware product. 

IMHO if you ask for a price in that league, than you also have to meet the quality expectations of that league.

20 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

@Wolkenschreck 

Thank you for the tip for removing double bridge. I assume we can apply the same procedure for double bridges around Portland and San Francisco airports from Flightbeam? 

Also, where is the RKSI update? Complete new download or? 

Thnx, 

Ivan

You are welcome, Ivan. 
The update can be downloaded from the RKSI product page over at Pacsim. It is just a replacement of some files and no new installer.

And the thread I quoted Holger Sandmann from was actually about Bay Area’s San Mateo Bridge, so this trick will work for every area of the world. I sent you a PM with the link to the thread.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Wolkenschreck 

Thank you so much and thanks for the pm

Ivan

Ivan Majetic

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO; 7900X3D; NZXT KRAKEN ELITE 360, GIGABYTE RTX 4080; G.SKILL TridentZ DDR5 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ALIENWARE 3423DWF

5 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

GSE_anim.BGL does contain the animated ground vehicles (i.e., the moving pushback tug, trucks on the cargo apron and a de-icer). I just hope that it does fix the problem at Kansai, as I could not find any solution for it yet. I would appreciate your feedback if the problem is also solved for you, Anson. Other users reported the same issue over at Facebook, and I think Bdo should be notified about the faulty file.

I don't mind excluding those animated ground vehicles at all. I will report back here when I finished a test flight into & out of Kansai. Thanks a million for your solution :D

Anson

After I've built KAL and AAR ai traffic I've purchased RKSI two days ago. The airport and surroundings are pretty nice, but I'm missing animated vehicle traffic within this scenery. Without custom apron traffic and animations, the airport feels lifeless imo.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Update download on their store front webpage and my performance is better in the area after a quick flight!

did it fix issues on your side or it made fps even better than the perfect they are right now?

8 hours ago, LH340fan said:

did it fix issues on your side or it made fps even better than the perfect they are right now?

I did not notice any issues but I did only a couple quick flights.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.