Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

PacSim RKSI Released

5 hours ago, tszchun_anson said:

It appears that many of you here uses GSX Lv2 for dynamic jetways

I think your many are few ...... perhaps as above to add extra gates but I doubt even fewer would replace Pacsim's custom SODE jetways.

Are you seeing a "stutter" with the later. 

for now, cheers

john martin

9 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

I was only a bit reluctant to emphasize the SODE lighting more because of its more complex implementation

Cristoph

yes unfortunately, it is more complex with few doing it.

i am surprised a tad that as yet an enterprising developer has not compiled such lighting to add & compliment various airports such as RKSI, perhaps using AFLT's modelling or their own (if only i had the skills).

when you have some core models, it is just mathematics to build another Sode.xml, just as users earlier have done for jetways at FBS's KDEN.

Edited by vadriver
spelling

for now, cheers

john martin

Approximately 30% of paths and  taxiways have 0 ft width that prevents normal flow of AI Traffic on the long run. The same issue occurred with KSLC. Easy to fix with ADE, just so you know. 

• Upvote 1

As far as I know, there is a hotfix coming for the AFCAD that will add some taxiway designators. So it might be worthwhile to wait a bit before tweaking. Graham wrote to me on Facebook that he is off for a break over the weekend and he really deserves it.

I just finished a flight from Beijing to Incheon and I can not stress enough how much I love PacSim's Seoul. It was an amazing approach with Incheon City and the Incheon bridge to the right. With the FSLabs A320, 100% AIG AI and a lot of cloud action with REX SF and EF, the framerate was still perfect. I do not know how PacSim made it, but it is such a well-performing scenery. 

What did also pleasantly surprised me was the AFCAD. Many developers do not care too much about correct parking allocations but based on FR24, everything is parking where it is supposed to be.

Have to say that Incheon ranks for my together with FlyTampa's Vegas and WF's Kunming as one of the top sceneries of the last year. 

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

As far as I know, there is a hotfix coming for the AFCAD that will add some taxiway designators. So it might be worthwhile to wait a bit before tweaking. Graham wrote to me on Facebook that he is off for a break over the weekend and he really deserves it.

I just finished a flight from Beijing to Incheon and I can not stress enough how much I love PacSim's Seoul. It was an amazing approach with Incheon City and the Incheon bridge to the right. With the FSLabs A320, 100% AIG AI and a lot of cloud action with REX SF and EF, the framerate was still perfect. I do not know how PacSim made it, but it is such a well-performing scenery. 

What did also pleasantly surprised me was the AFCAD. Many developers do not care too much about correct parking allocations but based on FR24, everything is parking where it is supposed to be.

Have to say that Incheon ranks for my together with FlyTampa's Vegas and WF's Kunming as one of the top sceneries of the last year. 

TBH I think you’re overselling this scenery. There’s nothing mind blowing about it when comparing to other sceneries at this price level. 

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

TBH I think you’re overselling this scenery. There’s nothing mind blowing about it when comparing to other sceneries at this price level. 

Actually, I agree with you, Alex. And just to make it clear: I have no affiliation at all with PacSim and only bought the scenery as a customer. There are quite some areas that could need improvement and polishing. Just look at my other posts in this thread about the ground traffic, the night textures, the missing jetways, etc. Also, I find the absence of a dedicated support forum less than ideal and cumbersome.

So why do I oversell it? Well, I would use the word praise instead of overselling to reflect my own enthusiasm here. We got three renditions of Tenerife lately, two Heraklion, two Mallorca, two Chicago, and will soon get Geneva Nr. 3, two renditions of Dublin and so on. So I am just a bit bored to get the same airports over and over again and enjoy everything that is off the beaten track. 

And the price is always a bit hard to evaluate. I would say that Asian airports are more expensive than the average European or American hub. Just look at the price of Imaginesim's Singapore, Wing Creation's Narita or the Technobrain airports. All of them have their own style and pro and cons (some more cons IMHO). But just going by the features and visuals I would say that Seoul is on the upper end of the offerings in Asia and does perform with high FPS and with no CTD. Is it Fly Tampa league? Nope. Is it worth $35? That wholly depends on one's own need. I cannot warrant such a price for Reno (just to stick with PacSim) but find it fair for a mega hub that comes with a large surrounding in the approach (hence my comparison with Vegas). Nevertheless, is it on the upper end of the price scale and I too find it a bit overpriced.

But you are absolutely right that I was too active in this thread and I would like to apologize to all of you if I evoked the impression of selling the product. All my statements here are a mere expression of my own enthusiasm for finally having a Seoul that is at least enjoyable. I will restrain myself a bit from now on. But just give a holler if anybody here has a question or wants to see some screenshots from a certain area. 

Best,
Christoph

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

But you are absolutely right that I was too active in this thread and I would like to apologize to all of you if I evoked the impression of selling the product. All my statements here are a mere expression of my own enthusiasm for finally having a Seoul that is at least enjoyable. I will restrain myself a bit from now on. But just give a holler if anybody here has a question or wants to see some screenshots from a certain area. 

Best,
Christoph

No worries Christoph - I think your contribution is incredibly valuable. To me you come across more so as humble rather than trying to oversell (which has an aggressive connotation to it, IMO). And to be hones,t if you were trying to sell it, then you've not quite yet convinced me, haha! I was going to buy it day 1, but I decided to wait for screenshots from users. Y Our screenshots have actually helped me decide to wait a little longer just for some first fixes and amendments to be published before I buy it. And at any rate, you're quite clear in your opinion, too: you say multiple times there are issues and you actively list them. I also value that you reached out to graham and communicate his messages back to us. I wish all forum users would behave as such!

Like you I have been waiting for RKSI for what seems like forever, and I'm most certainly going to buy it at some point. Maybe just not quite right now.

And, as for Reno, get it on sale 😉 Admittedly, I think Reno is my favorite PacSim airport... alt Like City is right behind it. I love the atmosphere at these airports, and the recreation of the city is an enormous plus!

• Like 3

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I own RKSI and think the author has done an excellent job. 

It's my understanding the  author is a one person shop and I always try to support these folks when possible.  These folks and the freeware community  are what keeps the flight sim community going forward.  🙂

Grace and Peace, 

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

For the users of ORBX FTX Vector:
a) two Incheon Bridges (default + custom model):
If you see two Incheon bridges (the large suspension bridge that connects the airport with the mainland) search for 8118_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.bgl in FTX_VECTOR_OBJ and rename the file to 8118_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.off

b) flashing polygons in Japan (in case you fly to Japan and encounter the same anomaly):
The content of the same folder (FTX_VECTOR_OBJ) can also provoke the wild flashing of large, blue polygons in Japan. The file 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl is triggering this flashing in the Tokyo area and some file that I still need to identify is affecting the Osaka/Kansai region. Rename the file to off or deactivate the FTX_VECTOR_OBJ for flights to and from Japan.

20 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

No worries Christoph - I think your contribution is incredibly valuable. To me you come across more so as humble rather than trying to oversell (which has an aggressive connotation to it, IMO). ...

Thank you very much, Benjamin. Very appreciated. I am only trying to help other users with my contribution here at Avsim. And in the end, we are all entitled to express our opinion and Alex has a very valid point with the scenery having room for improvement. What I like about Avsim is that we can come together here in an open and frank manner and discuss what we like or dislike about an add-on. We are all grown up and can handle contrary opinions. This is much better than some of the word not allowed forums were no criticism is allowed or where it will be removed instantly by mods. 
BTW Haha now I am tempted again to buy Reno. Sounds promising.

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the above tips. I’ll be making the changes when I get home. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

10 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

If you see two Incheon bridges (the large suspension bridge that connects the airport with the mainland) search for 8118_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.bgl in FTX_VECTOR_OBJ and rename the file to 8118_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.off

Does this not deactivate all those bridges worldwide? Although it leads to flickering in Japan, somehow I would not like to get rid of all such bridges in the whole world just because of one single scenery...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

12 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

For the users of ORBX FTX Vector:

b) flashing polygons in Japan (in case you fly to Japan and encounter the same anomaly):
The content of the same folder (FTX_VECTOR_OBJ) can also provoke the wild flashing of large, blue polygons in Japan. The file 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl is triggering this flashing in the Tokyo area and some file that I still need to identify is affecting the Osaka/Kansai region. Rename the file to off or deactivate the FTX_VECTOR_OBJ for flights to and from Japan.

Is this happening only because RKSI is installed? If not, wouldn't that be the job of ORBX to correct this issue in their Vector product?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

If you ask me, the problem is within the scenery. If it includes a custom bridge, the scenery designer should have created an exclude that prevents other addons to interfere resulting in a doubled bridge. Of course, not everybody uses the ORBX products and as such, the scenery designer might have thought that there is no bridge (if none is depicted in the default scenery) the scenery could interfere with...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Does this not deactivate all those bridges worldwide? Although it leads to flickering in Japan, somehow I would not like to get rid of all such bridges in the whole world just because of one single scenery...

No, 8118_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Highway.bgl is only containing the Seoul area (grid cell 8118). The rest of the world will be not affected unless you do not deactivate the scenery FTX_VECTOR_OBJ, which I only recommend until the culprit for the Kansai region can be identified.

It is actually quite easy to identify the ORBX Vector files that are responsible for a certain area of the world. To quote ORBX's Holger Sandmann:
"ndeed, the FSX/P3D world is divided into a regular, nested grid [...] If you have ADE (Airport Design Editor) installed you can locate a nearby stock airport and the selection screen will also list the default file it's in, which contains the local grid cell number in its name. For example, start ADE, search for city Detroit, then select KDTW, and its file name gets listed as "APX25160.bgl" meaning you're looking for QMID 7 grid cell "2516"."

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Is this happening only because RKSI is installed? If not, wouldn't that be the job of ORBX to correct this issue in their Vector product?

No, this is a pure ORBX Vector issue and has nothing do to with PacSim's Seoul. ORBX knows about the corrupt file 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl as there are alone three threads about it in their support forum. Yet, the file is still included in the latest installer of Vector. After taking over the project from Pilots (the developers of FS Global), ORBX has soon lost interest in Vector and there are many report issues that are not corrected. So I would not hold my breath for ORBX to fix the issues anytime soon,

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Wolkenschreck

Finally I found you a user who also acknowledges the issue of flashing polygons. I recently started a flight from Kansai (BDOAviation Scenery) and experienced the issue, which I think is really annoying and making the sim non-flyable. The biggest problem at the moment is that I don't have FTX Global Vector installed, but just Global Base and OpenLC Europe. 

Confirm the files you mentioned above are only there with FTX Global Vector?

Anson