Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

PacSim RKSI Released

I hoped for a new RKSI for ages and so I was desperately waiting for the release. First of all: Graham makes good sceneries but has the talent to present them with terrible screenshots. For me, RKSI is looking better than expected. I really like what I see. Ground textures are crisp and have a not too overdone wearing for an Asian mega-hub. Performance seems good but I need some flying to verify this.

Pro:
+detailed ground markings and textures
+good modeling (also some very basic terminal interior)
+good textures
+city of Incheon included
+ortho blends well with FTX Global

Con:
-terminal night textures are okay but a bit too bright for my taste
-some issues with the dynamic light as they disappear at some positions (also acknowledged by Graham as a P3D limitation) 
-SODE jetways do not connect with AI (need to check if the position names in the XML and the AFCAD) 

and my biggest con

-no animated ground traffic (the airport feels dead even with full AI traffic, simply too much concrete without any action)

To sum it up, a lovely addition to the Asian skies that could be a bit less expensive for what is offered. Hope Graham can add a bit of animated ground vehicles. But all in all, I can recommend it and love what Graham has achieved with Incheon. Nicely done mega-hub, 

Edit: Disregard the SODE jetways issue. I tried to bugfix another airport and had AI detection unchecked. All jetways are working nicely at PacSim's Seoul. Sorry for the false info.

2019-7-4_18-27-23-3445mkh4.jpg
2019-7-4_18-28-35-516peka6.jpg
2019-7-4_18-29-46-860daj5l.jpg
2019-7-4_18-31-9-679qajle.jpg
2019-7-4_18-31-36-288hj6v.jpg
2019-7-4_18-36-22-55tako2.jpg

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Quick reply, good support, installing now.

Vic green

Luv PacSim. They seem to just quietly churn out superb airports.   Fav is KSLC.

• Like 4

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'd be keen to hear if daytime low visibility lighting is a feature (preferably by SODE activation).

for now, cheers

john martin

Anyone using Aivlasoft EFBv2, do the taxiway letters to show up for you at RKSI? I only get the runways and parking spots. Taxiways have no information.

Update: PacSim found the problem and will have a hot-fix for it soon. 

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Do they post hotfixes and/or updates on their website? Or do you have to e email them? They have zero communication with users unless you use Facebook which I don't. 

Eric 

29 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Do they post hotfixes and/or updates on their website? Or do you have to e email them? They have zero communication with users unless you use Facebook which I don't. 

They will post it on their web site. 

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Did some flying yesterday and I am happy about the performance. Nothing to complain here and I would say it does perform very well for a hub of its size (even with full AIG AI). 

Moreover, I noticed that many of the positions with two jetways at T1 are only modeled with one jetway. I do not know if this was done for performance reasons or simply overlooked, as Terminal 2 and the mid-field satellite all have the correct number of double jetways. Just looks a bit strange to have all the widebodies at the terminal without the second jetway.

My biggest concern - the missing animated ground vehicles - remains. There is a lot of ground clutter around the terminals (could be more around the cargo ramps) but it still feels lifeless without any moving vehicles. I was happy to have AI and GSX around me but taxing was a bit dull with all the empty roads. For this price level, I do actually expect custom ground vehicle animations. The recently released Kunming (awesome scenery btw) is doing a better job in this regards.

12 hours ago, vadriver said:

I'd be keen to hear if daytime low visibility lighting is a feature (preferably by SODE activation).

Unfortunately, SODE is only used for the jetways. Lighting is entirely done via the AFCAD and comes with the known limitations. Taxiway lighting is done in the traditional way and looks lovely for me at night but does not activate under low visibility during daytime.

Some more details I found and like very much:
+variations of ground material and colors (e.g., darker patches at resurfaced areas) like in real life
+lovely modeling of tunnels for ground service roads
+3D trenches with water 
+a nicely done winter ortho that again blends seamlessly with FTX Global (Aprons and taxiways are however not covered with snow. The huge concrete areas could really benefit from some puddles as we have them in the Flightbeam or FlyTampa products.)
+DHL cargo ramp is already extended with the new stands that are currently under construction

I want to point out that my short review might sound more critical than intended (hey, I am German after all). No, I like the scenery very much and enjoy it. @Toktok Graham has done an excellent job and I would like to thank him for delivering this huge mega hub in such a quality to us. Anybody who does like flying in Asia (the lovely WF sceneries in China are not far away) or who is an avid cargo pilot will love Seoul.

If I can dare to express some wishes for an update then I would ask @Toktok Graham for:
-animated custom ground vehicles
-some puddles on the aprons and taxiways
-adding the missing jetways at Terminal 1 (stands 6 7 9 10 17 19 21 33 35 37 42 43 46 47 48 49) and Terminal 2 (stands 231 232 265)
-a bit more ground clutter on the cargo ramps
and maybe SODE lighting for the runways

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any word on the PBR materials? Does RKSI use them or are they missing? If they are missing, I wonder why this product is P3Dv4.5 exclusive...

BTW: using GSX Level 2, you can correct those missing second jetways at T1 and T2 pretty fast and pretty easy ;-)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

43 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I wonder why this product is P3Dv4.5 exclusive...

As far as I understand, this product works with P3Dv4, not just 4.5.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Any word on the PBR materials? Does RKSI use them or are they missing? If they are missing, I wonder why this product is P3Dv4.5 exclusive...

Definitely no PBR materials for the ground surfaces. I do think that glass materials are also done in the old way (correct me if I am wrong). However, they look very appealing to me and I can not see a difference to the new FT Montreal that uses PBR glass. PBR would be nice for the ground but with the current anti-aliasing issues, I do not miss them to much. 

55 minutes ago, AnkH said:

BTW: using GSX Level 2, you can correct those missing second jetways at T1 and T2 pretty fast and pretty easy 😉

Yes, I know and I do own GSX L2. But GSX jetways do not connect with AI. So that is a no-no for me. Actually, I am not so much interested in jetways for my own aircraft as I rarely leave the VC view. But I love to see SODE jetways on my AI when taxing in and out. Moreover, RKSI has a very distinct greenish glass and GSX2 models would stick out to much.

BTW, Chewwy94 is flying in and out of the Seoul today (at least he announced it) on Twitch to show off the new scenery and it is a good opportunity to see some live action from the product.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 7/4/2019 at 10:17 AM, Wolkenschreck said:

Edit: Disregard the SODE jetways issue. I tried to bugfix another airport and had AI detection unchecked. All jetways are working nicely at PacSim's Seoul. Sorry for the false info

Actually, I ran into the exact same issue and know for certain I had AI detection active. Seems that somehow in the installation process it's getting reset (maybe through a SODE check?). 

Either way, super simple fix but good thing for other buyers to know to check right away. 

• Like 1

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

11 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

and maybe SODE lighting for the runways

Christoph

not maybe, definitely.

an airport that is regularly affected by fogs / heavy rain / snow with an ILS / LPV etc. must have daytime low visibility approach / runway / taxiway lighting which as best I know it can only be SODE activated.

I avoid KSLC if the TAF is lousy & PBS's KDEN likewise in winter because of the snow (it has daytime low visibility lighting but not SODE hence not activated in snow / rain).

& yes agree with your updates (and your dislike of GSX jetways .... AI docking, too generic)

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

I reached out to Graham via mail and Facebook and sent him a link to this thread along with the ideas for an update. Let's see if we can get some fixes to make a great scenery even better.

Moreover, I offered him my help with the animations. I have no experience at all in animations but maybe the tutorials on FSDeveloper will help me to become a full-blown developer till the release of MSFS2050 in some 30 years. Doing a custom animation path for a model in 3ds Max/gmax or Blender, keyframing it and exporting it to finally get X and .XAnim files, seems to be complex but the only way to go for animations. At least FlyTampa, MKStudio, WF Sceneries, Justsim, Digital Design, AA_Scenries etc. do it for their products. I do actually think that Graham used the technique for the airport maglev at RKSI. So he probably does not need my help at all. But it just feels unpolite to demand something without offering any help.

And as I am very vocal in this thread I need to stress it again: Seoul is a lovely scenery that is worth to get. Most issues brought up here by me are cosmetics but should be nevertheless expected in this price range.

15 hours ago, sddjd said:

Actually, I ran into the exact same issue and know for certain I had AI detection active. Seems that somehow in the installation process it's getting reset (maybe through a SODE check?). 

Either way, super simple fix but good thing for other buyers to know to check right away. 

Interesting that you bring this up, Dan. I could swear that I only changed the debugging mode when trying to fix some issues with ORBX's Olbia. But at the end of the day, I just thought that I somehow ended up with unchecking AI detection too.

14 hours ago, vadriver said:

Christoph

not maybe, definitely.

an airport that is regularly affected by fogs / heavy rain / snow with an ILS / LPV etc. must have daytime low visibility approach / runway / taxiway lighting which as best I know it can only be SODE activated.

I avoid KSLC if the TAF is lousy & PBS's KDEN likewise in winter because of the snow (it has daytime low visibility lighting but not SODE hence not activated in snow / rain).

& yes agree with your updates (and your dislike of GSX jetways .... AI docking, too generic)

My response to this is a resounding YES, John. I absolutely agree with you and I have the feeling lately that more and more developers are only interested in the visuals. Pitty, as it is, in the end, still a FLIGHT sim. I was only a bit reluctant to emphasize the SODE lighting more because of its more complex implementation. I did not want do discourage Graham too much with my wish list for fixes. So yes, discard the maybe.

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

It appears that many of you here uses GSX Lv2 for dynamic jetways. Do you experience a short stutter, which lasts less than a second, on final approach when the dynamic jetways are spawned?