Sign in to follow this  
Kronovan

Is it Safe to run 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' on FSX:SE?

Is it safe to test the integrity of the files for FSX:SE by running the Steam 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' procedure? I ask, because I've had some problems in the past running it  with a few Steam games that had modifications present. I've suddenly started encountering some strange issues with FSX:SE, so I'd like to check the installed files.

So I'm wondering if anyone here who's successfully run it could confirm this?

I normally do it without issues with Aerofly, so I guess it'll work with any other game as well.

Cheers, Ed

Ed Patino

P3Dv4.5 hf2 - Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 // Rig: Corsair 600T Graphite - ASUS MBoard X99 Deluxe - CPU Intel i7-5820k 6-cores - 32GB RAM - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB - 3 x SSD x 1TB Samsung/Crucial + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD External Seagate 2TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000W - VR Oculus Rift // P3Dv4.5 hf2 & Aerofly FS 2 - Gaming Laptop ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX 2070 - 2TB SSD - 2TB HDD // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It's totally safe:  I've had to do it several times to rectify some FSX-Steam problems - it searched all Steam files, found some errors, and then re-installed those "corrupted" files (via a Microsoft Installer).  

I avoid using it when possible because it can cause default files to replace any file that an add-on may have replaced (such as updated radio frequencies or third-party textures).  However if FSX:SE is not playing well, verifying integrity is necessary.  So make a note of what all your settings are and have backup installers of your add-ons ready, if they are needed.

It will remove any add-on airports etc. The last time I verified the integrity is used up 20GB of my Broadband allowance.

(Note:-  it did not remove Steam add on's

)

When I verified the files it didn't remove any of my UK2000 airport add-ons...but YMMV.

I've no idea about broadband usage (unlimited), but it did take quite a while for it to finish the task.. :wacko:

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

Greenbrier Aero Club former member

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)