Sign in to follow this  
hawaiidabest1998

worried about computer specs (help)

Hi all, 

this is my first time posting, so sorry if I don't make everything super crystal clear. 

I just bought a custom gaming pc online for p3dv4.5. The specs are as followed

• CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-9700KF 3.60GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 [w/o Integrated Graphic] (Coffee Lake)
  • HDD: 1TB Intel® 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 1800/1800 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 150/220k  (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX w/ WiFi 802.11AC RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready]

I've been a flight simmer for most of my life (since fsx days) but I've never had a chance to buy a good gaming pc. 

Im new to the whole High-end PC gaming components so im not sure what im doing haha. Im just worried that the specs I got won't be sufficiant to run everything I want

ill have a 1080p monitor and all the add ons you could imagine. im hoping that I could run everything at high

Do you guys think that these specs could handle p3dv4.5? If so what would my settings look like?

Thanks, Sebastian 

overall yes it's a decent rig. That CPU needs to be overclocked to at least 4.8. It will struggle at stock speeds.

The video card is your weak spot - if you can upgrade it to at least a 2070 it would be a big plus.

That said, you should be able to get an enjoyable experience with P3D4.5 but you will not be able to max all the settings. On my rig, I can 't max them either .

With P3D tune your system to the LOWEST FPS where you can maintain  smooth performance. This will allow the best visuals overall. For example, on my rig I can run locked steady at 30fps all day long but I set it to 20 because it is just as smooth (on my system) and frees up the CPU for more processing.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

9 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

overall yes it's a decent rig. That CPU needs to be overclocked to at least 4.8. It will struggle at stock speeds.

The video card is your weak spot - if you can upgrade it to at least a 2070 it would be a big plus.

That said, you should be able to get an enjoyable experience with P3D4.5 but you will not be able to max all the settings. On my rig, I can 't max them either .

With P3D tune your system to the LOWEST FPS where you can maintain  smooth performance. This will allow the best visuals overall. For example, on my rig I can run locked steady at 30fps all day long but I set it to 20 because it is just as smooth (on my system) and frees up the CPU for more processing.

Vic

thanks for the reply Vic 🙂

I forgot to mention that the cpu can turbo boost up to 4.9ghz. Im not that knowledgeable about cpu's, but when it says turbo boost does that mean it will do it automatically? 

second- I agree that the video card isn't the best however, According to Nvidia the Rtx 2060 super preforms better than the GTX 1080. I believe it may struggle at 4k but im going to be playing at 1080p. all-in-all would you recommend this PC for 1080p p3dv4.5 gaming? 

Seb 

Yes the turbo boost will kickin automatically.

For 1080p you will be in good shape with the 2060 and that system.

Enjoy!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

36 minutes ago, hawaiidabest1998 said:

I forgot to mention that the cpu can turbo boost up to 4.9ghz. Im not that knowledgeable about cpu's, but when it says turbo boost does that mean it will do it automatically? 

Depends on motherboard but generally yes, the Turbo mode will be enabled by default.  It's pretty easy to change this in the UEFI so just check it yourself when you get the rig.

I wouldn't recommend 1080p displays at all.  Why not get a 4K display?  The difference is stunning.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, hawaiidabest1998 said:

I just bought a custom gaming pc online for p3dv4.5. The specs are as followed

• Im new to the whole High-end PC gaming components so im not sure what im doing haha. Im just worried that the specs I got won't be sufficiant to run everything I want.

I’m rather surprised that you bought the computer first then asked here about it afterwards, rather than checking here first about the specs then buying?

I know there are some people with lesser rigs that still get fine performance, so you should be ok.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I did my research however, after I bought it, I got worried when people where saying they had RTX 2080ti and had lower performance. I just needed to be sure that the graphics card that I  chose would be sufficient 

30 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I’m rather surprised that you bought the computer first then asked here about it afterwards, rather than checking here first about the specs then buying?

Yes me too I was wondering why he bought first, and ask if it is suitable after.

- TONY -

58 minutes ago, downscc said:

I wouldn't recommend 1080p displays at all.  Why not get a 4K display?  The difference is stunning.

But the performance impact is real... 1080p is perfectly adequate for a quality flightsimming experience :smile:

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

1080p is perfectly adequate for a quality flightsimming experience :smile:

How can you say such a thing! :ohmy: Straight to the dungeons for you matey! :dry:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Depends on what resolution one plays. On a 4K monitor you are correct. But on a standard HD monitor even a 2060 is total overkill. There a 1660TI would be sufficient.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

But the performance impact is real... 1080p is perfectly adequate for a quality flightsimming experience :smile:

Bert, the view out of the window won’t be a problem at 1080p but the instruments are pin sharp with a UHD display. That’s where the biggest differences are seen.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 hours ago, downscc said:

One advantage of a 1080p screen is that you do not need as much GPU power to run everything at a decent framerate. I appreciate that 4K will look stunning in comparison, but "what you don't know, you don't worry about" :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I was able to change my order 🙂

I got a 1440P monitor and a RTX 2070 super:) next time ill be sure what I want before I order😊

-Seb