Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

- An option in the menu to start from last location, last panel state etc... For example if we landed in an oasis in the middle of the desert, we should can start from there next time 🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SteveW said:

That has been the spirit of this hobby for a long time now.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

ATC uses Holds at proper intersections on STARs/Approaches for spacing. We should no longer have planes on top of each other as that is what holds are for and I would have no problem with holding if it allowed for a better simulated experience. Emphasis on the word simulated. 🙂 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, domkle said:

That has been the spirit of this hobby for a long time now.

It seems the intention of the new sim is to give all that community stuff a boost. I think one reason to come in now with the new FS is that those things can be tackled on a grander scale, and with security, in the cloud.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 minutes ago, Ident said:

ATC uses Holds at proper intersections on STARs/Approaches for spacing. We should no longer have planes on top of each other as that is what holds are for and I would have no problem with holding if it allowed for a better simulated experience. Emphasis on the word simulated. 🙂 

Hopefully a large team of aircraft navigation and coding experts have been locked in an underground facility for the past year or so. And the ATC and AI has been given a bit of a lift.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

11 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Hopefully a large team of aircraft navigation and coding experts have been locked in an underground facility for the past year or so. And the ATC and AI has been given a bit of a lift.

I hope so.

Think how close the freeware app AIController v1.4b got to making AI manageable. Not perfect, but SIDs and STARs were respected (if correctly set up), plus the number of go-arounds and head-on encounters between taxiing aircraft were massively reduced. I still use it now.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'd like the game to be fun to play, including for people with disabilities or other accessibility needs.

I agree very strongly with the suggestions concerning trains!  I've always loved flying over the train tracks.  I also am really passionate about ships and sea traffic.  Hopefully this will be improved upon as well.  I would love nothing more than to fly over a busy port such as Hamburg and/or Rotterdam and see ships, tugboats, etc. coming in and out of the harbor on the Elbe.  Would simply be awesome!

But since this was already mentioned above, I will try and add my personal wish.  I really hope that we will have missions in MSFS2020.  And if we do, I would love to see a Namibia safari and/or scenic flight added to the list of missions.  Specifically, it would be great if the airport of Swakopmund could be accurately modeled (it is a VERY simplistic airport), and then the mission could take the user on a sightseeing flight over Sossuvlei (along with a stop on the dirt strip to unload and pick up more passengers) then continuing over the Skeleton coast down low until heading back to Swakopmund.  Along the skeleton coast, you could add in the flock of flamingoes that we see in the trailer.  This is accurate for the area in real life.  You could also add in some seal colonies along the coastline with some shipwrecks as well (hence the skeleton coast).  Really, I just hope the country of Namibia is beautifully portrayed, particularly the capital of Windhoek, Swakopmund, Lüderitz, und Walvis Bay!   

- A flashlight to power an aircraft in cold and dark at night

- Infrared night vision to simulate night military operations

• Like 2

Also, I think it is very important to accurately portray navigation instruments such as the VOR indicators and HSI instruments in aircraft, in particular the steam gauge ones.  I say this, because in every simulation up to this point, these instruments are perfectly precise in their movements.  Whereas, in real life, the needles (particularly the LLZ) needles are EXTREMELY sensitive based on a myriad of different factors (especially when turning the CDI knob).  Also, the TO/FROM indicator also typically bounces back and forth quite often on the steam gauge indicators when nearing the cone of confusion.  It would be nice to see this sort of behavior in the sim.  May need some engineers with experience in radio waves and instrumentation to help implement this accurately.  To go along with this, accurate service volumes for NAVAIDS (as well as terrain interference) would be awesome to have.  

Edited by ual763
  • Upvote 3

- Public annoucements for liners. For example cruise messages where we can give information about the weather at destination, delays, OAT, destination name, turbulence... Maybe put all these informations in a menu and then press play? 😄

I do not know if anyone has mentioned this already but please I would love to just plug in my joystick straight into my Xbox without any extra accessories there are some USB ports on my Xbox obviously so I just want to plugin my Logitech Joystick straight into there

On 7/26/2019 at 12:13 PM, ErichB said:

It was the same list expressed for the shortcomings of FSX, the same list for P3D, the same list for Dovetails version -  and it's the same list again. 

Tis a lesson you should heed:

Try, try, try again.

If at first you don't succeed,

Try, try, try again.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi Everyone,

Just giving my two cents here, sorry if I have suggested something that has already been suggested. 

1.     An integrated way of configuring addons – the simulator can provide a simple framework to developers so that they can easily create a configuration UI that will be displayed in the simulator for each addon - this would mean that there will be no need for 29Palms Config Manager or integrating settings in FMCs.

2.     The ability for the MSFS engine to be able to enable/disable scenery objects or adjust airport season textures when the simulator is running – we shouldn’t have to rename BGL files from .bgl to .off anymore.

3.     Simulator information exposed via a web API like GPS information, current heading and active waypoint etc. so that external programs on other computers/devices can very easily access information from the simulator.

4.     Updatable centralised navigation database with extensive APIs for airplane developers for their FMCs. This could be potentially extended for real-world airline schedules so AI traffic can use this and be updated all the time.

5.     High definition wingflex APIs for developers and integrated into the flight model and weather engine.

6.     A proper useable replay system which properly replays flap extensions etc. and is just as smooth as “live” – this would be a BIG help for Flight Sim YouTubers.

7.     A reimagined world map with taxiways/parking positions/navaids/waypoints/airways right on the map (with the ability to hide certain information in the UI) – this could be exposed via a web API/server as well so that programs like Aivlasoft EFB or ipad apps can easily access this information without having to scan for new AFCAD/BGLs everytime when you install new airport addons like we have to do currently.

8.     A common integrated file format for aircraft liveries – it should be as simple as drop a file in a folder and the simulator will take care of the rest.

9.     Steam style libraries for addons, how it could work is that you can create a library in the simulator UI or during the simulator installation and it would write the location to the Windows registry – this way addon installers can easily ask for the desired library during installation of the addons.

10.   Every addon will have to supply an XML file which contains information about the addon like what developer, what version, what type of addon etc. (sort of like a manifest file) – this way so that this information is available in the simulator. You can check to see what 3rd party airport version, developer etc. you are running when you select an airport in the scenario creation screen for instance.

11.   The MSFS addon folder structure will be that addons will contain EVERYTHING in a single folder for easier manageability.

12.   Jetway APIs for developers with support for multiple jetways per gate – no need for SODE.

13.   Camera system on a separate thread to the main simulator so that camera movements are as smooth as possible.

14.   AI traffic that doesn’t bog down your FPS – usage of Microsoft Azure AI for this possibly?

15.   A simple “Addon Manager” integrated into the simulator that gives you a list of all installed addons in categories and allow you to do stuff like configure or disable them.

16.   A particle effect API for developers to allow 3rd party developers to easily integrate touchdown smoke, wing vortices, condensation effects, water blast from engines etc. into their aircraft addons.

17.   Microsoft Azure AI-powered ATC with voice recognition, SID/STAR support and AI traffic aware.

Edited by elmar01

I know I'm going to be a bit drastic, but here is my point of view. We all know how time consuming is a clean installation. Base pack, mesh, land class, aircrafts, traffic, liveries, ATC, Ivao or vatsim, custom textures... Etc etc etc and the worst part is that it's not always working...so...forums, testing,restarting, reinstalling....

I'm so tired of all of this that for me, at this point, the way is to have a complete cloud experience. I don't think that 20... 40ms input delay would be a great problem and I really can't see a single downside.

Imagine if you just connect to your account to enter a fluid, 45-60fps 4k living world, fully synchronized with real ATC, full of other players, all running on azure servers. All possible addons, scenery, aircrafts, customizations, should be installed on servers too, giving you a nice shop where you only have to activate your purchase to magically have everything ready and set up....without all the quirks we are used to. I think it would be great for developers too with no piracy, a single system to deal with, they would just sure that it works!

Everything would always be up to date, from navaids to fmc databases, from weather to funny notams to deal with.

I would pay a monthly fee for this, 5...10$ Maybe it's too much...but I think it's time to think big and the Google Stadia is there to tell us that is actually possible.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1