Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

This topic is here to summarize all the community wishes for this new sim in term of features. Please do not talk about price or business model.

Keep it clear and consize, like a simple list.

Thank you

• Like 2

I should start:

- very authetic flight models and physics.

- the ability to walk around the aircraft to perform the pre-flight check.

- convincing ATC (maybe voice recognition, accents matching different parts of the world, SID STARs)

- SDK

- Passenger and Crew simulation

Edited by Noooch

Repositioning of all airport runways the world over where they should be and not one hundred meters or more N, S, W or E 

Good water physics for floatplanes

Air dynamics up/down slopes and over ridges

Better ATC including VFR

Dangerous weather inside thunderclouds

That is for a beginning 😉 !

EDIT

Higher resolution for terrain than the 1.2 m per pixel than we have now

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Have realistic, built-in weather

Realistic lighting

Easily update-able without having to update 38,4948 components separately

Mario Di Lauro

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

- Passenger and Crew simulation

Hell no. Flight crew have very little interaction with the passengers irl (not much with cabin crew either beyond cabin secure), this isn't Aircraft Cabin Simulator. There's FS Passengers addon for those that want this niche within a niche.

Multicrew operation I also feel is beyond the scope of the base sim if it's to be done well such as FS2Crew.

I want MS to invest their resources in improving core functionality rather than fringe benefits.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

A offline mode so you can run the sim without being connected to the Internet if you wish. 

We've already got this in FSX and if we get a similar FSX world (hopefully updated a bit) behind the better one provided by the AZURE data it could work.

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

23 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Hell no. Flight crew have very little interaction with the passengers irl (not much with cabin crew either beyond cabin secure), this isn't Aircraft Cabin Simulator. There's FS passengers for those that want this niche within a niche.

Multicrew operation I also feel is beyond the scope of the base sim if it's to be done well such as FS2Crew.

I want MS to invest their resources in improving core functionality rather than fringe benefits.

Please keep it clear in simple, like a list. You will not like every post but please respect them.

• Like 1

Well - of the top of my head...

• True volumetric 3-dimensional clouds, which are susceptible to lighting, shadows etc.
  • A real lighting engine, which honors the physical laws. Perhaps using advanced shadow-mapping and ray-tracing.
  • A realistic weather engine, utilizing weather systems, with true and realistic depictions of fog, overcast, thunderstorms, hurricanes and turbulence.
  • Improved atmospheric model. I have never really had the 'sense of flying' in P3D/FSX. I don't know if X-Plane does this more realistic (I have a feeling it does) but the sense of 'flying' is more true in X-Plane, IMO.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Improved ATC and AI traffic:

• Ability to request any parking after landing and be able to change requests at any time (not being locked into a sequence where I have to arrive at my parking spot before I can make a request to taxi for departure)
  • Weather reports/FSS with ability to request it for a specific location
  • Create and modify a flightplan during flight (without having to stop the sim by going to a menu) either with the GPS or the kneeboard and the ability to communicate the change to ATC
  • ATC behavior not canned but properly responding to 'situations'
  • Less pre-set VFR/IFR ATC with lots more request options for example to request course change to avoid clouds or thunderstorms
  • Fully open up ATC and AI traffic in the SDK for 3rd parties to add situations, detail, adventure, etc.

• Like 5

Matthias - KCOS
         Sim: P3D 4.5, UTX V2, ORBX Base openLC NA EU, ASP3D, TOGA, RealityXP, SPAD.neXt, Carenado GA
          PC: i9-11900k, RTX 3090, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E
Home Cockpit: Honeycomb AFC, Thrustmaster T.Flight, RealSimGear GNS530, Logitech FIP FMP FRP FSP FTQ*2, 3x55" 4K TVs (View), 26" 21:9 (Gauges)

SDK with initial release

Aircraft and scenery addons as simple folder installations

Sloped runways

ATC improvements

AI aircraft improvements

Realistic road traffic speed

Rivers and lakes implemented as such, not as oceans

Improved roads and buildings

Better flight physics

• Like 2

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

- Correct ground friction / accurate breakaway thrust

- Ground effect

- Improved flight dynamics including accurate trimming effect of aircraft

- New AI engine. One that can maintain separation on approaches, put aircraft in a hold if busy, follow SIDs and STARs, enter and exit runways quickly, can cope with sloped runways. AI Controller app can do some of this with the ancient engine. A new one should be possible.

- Sloping runways

- Region specific ATC

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Probably won't happen, but I really like the installation concept of X-Plane, where everything sits in a self-contained folder. So backing up the sim or "reinstalling" after a hardware change etc. is just a matter of copy&paste.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1. AAA league graphics 

2. AAA level performance 

3. SDK and open ecosystem 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Integrated/native third party add-on store solution of some kind. 

It need not be the only way to add on to the Sim, but it would be a tremendous benefit to have it as a preferred default way, especially for mainstream and Xbox customers

Edited by irrics