Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

3 hours ago, Jonnoxx said:

Fully fledged Combat Flight Simulator, with physically correct flight dynamics  and terminal effects for associated weapons. 

😜🙏

Just buy DCS?

Edited by 188AHC
Pruned ridiculously long quote,
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Funny how we all want different things from the same product.  I don't want anything on that list! 😁

Amazing ... an aviation Enthusiast totally UNINTERESTED in the potential of opportunity to design and build and test his own fanciful conceptions? 

Each to his own.  I like the challenge of varied and exciting opportunities. 

You do also realize that every single innovation enjoyed by civilian operators today (almost without exception) derives originally usually from some sort of MILITARY requirement.  Or was taken up by them and then driven into practical implementation that found widespread civil use eg GPS, Radar, pressurised fuselages, Jet engines,plastic composites... the list goes on. 

12 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Just buy DCS?

I think DCS could do with some formidable competition. And that would be of benefit to all - no matter what flavor you prefer. 

6 hours ago, LHookins said:

I want the option of paying a higher price for higher quality, with the price commensurate with the quality.

I want the option of paying a lower price for higher quality. The price in line with MS's spurning of this terrible parasitic culture that is the current eco-system within FSX/ P3D and XP.

And I think they're on to this. I think we can trust them and kick the nay-sayers in to touch. Cut the cancer out of the the parts of the SDK that have been abused by certain DEVS - who are not worthy to Edit a .cfg, etc

Microsoft is about to deliver the next generation of it's incredible software - and remember - everything you're flying right now (all of the above - unless you're flying CAE or Thales 😉  - is a derivative of their work, their genius, their vision.

---------- a few minutes later.... ---------

Every time I hit reply and start typing a response to a post like this I get about half way through and, well, the reason and the motivation just dies in me and I give up. I'll be flying the new MSFS on day one. Why the hell wouldn't I?

Why the hell would I be hitting on MS - that is collectively much cleverer than me - with a bunch of idiotic demands. They have it in their eye already and don't need you. They invented it.

Everything else is a delusion of grandeur. An idiotic sense of our own self-importance. MS have done this because they know they can win, and I for one look forward to the toppling of the towers - not least of all - because the pricing from 3rd party Devs has become akin to the way the Corn Merchants of the 12th Century in Europe practically bankrupted the World with their insatiable greed.

And anyone out there thinking PMDG, FSL, A2A, Aerosoft, et al;  haven't been talking and setting prices behind our backs for years is quite frankly an imbicile.

I look forward to a clean installation of MSFS with no SDK required.

And if anyone's still interested after that rant...and to get back on topic...

This is what I want;

Edited by Guest

I would like to see an exceptional implementation of tessellation, meaning

The closer the user gets to the ground, the more ground details display including:

Grass

Flora

Rocks and pebbles

Ground and pavement cracks and variations

Snow variations

etc., etc., etc.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I just want a brand new simulator that takes full advantage of what modern technology (hardware/software) offers today.

That's it.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

1 hour ago, penta_a said:

I just want a brand new simulator that takes full advantage of what modern technology (hardware/software) offers today.

That's it.

This.

• Like 2

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:30 PM, ganter said:

And if anyone's still interested after that rant...and to get back on topic...

I don’t think anyone sensible who has commented on this thread expects that ms are reading through it thinking, “blimey, we better make sure we have all these things implemented or we’ll have a riot on our hands”. It’s just fun. 

As an aside, I think the next major step for computer graphics will be stepping beyond photo realism. “Photo realistic” is often used as the highest accolade that one can give to graphics, but if you look at a scene with your eyes and then take a photo of it, the photo usually looks quite different. I don’t think we’ll be able to make things look properly realistic rather than photo realistic, until we have computers that can model the entire atmosphere of a scene. 

The other side is degrading scenes so they look like they are on TV. If you compare what f1 2019 the game looks like with sky f1, the game is too colourful, sharp and precise. 

Rambling now, more coffee. 

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please stop quoting the entire post you are replying to!
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

As an aside, I think the next major step for computer graphics will be stepping beyond photo realism. “Photo realistic” is often used as the highest accolade that one can give to graphics, but if you look at a scene with your eyes and then take a photo of it, the photo usually looks quite different. I don’t think we’ll be able to make things look properly realistic rather than photo realistic, until we have computers that can model the entire atmosphere of a scene. 

That's where the AI comes into play, the machine can learn how to turn the data in the picture (together with other sources of data if available) into something more reallistic. There are a lot presentations about it, I watched some from Nvidia, and the AI can do wonders.

That's one of the features of this sim I'm more keen to see in use. How far it can goes?!

• Like 1

- Realistic sun colors. Tired of those other sims with the same Sun from sunrise to sunset (actually it is shown in the trailer, but hope it ends as a final characteristic)

- AI traffic (boats, airplanes...)

- Helicopters. Like in FSX: Acceleration, some variety. Those customs mission with a blackhawk over Florida... or a coast guard seahawk... 

• Like 1

What I want is a stutter free experience. I have done so much tweaking with fs9 and FSX, getting a bit sick of that

For me, just a single stutter can spoil a flight, it really mucks up immersion too much

I'll take a bit less eye candy and a more smooth experience all the time

I do however fly ifr 90%, so I guess people flying strictly vfr would be more in favour of the eye candy

• Like 2

I wouldn’t surprised if they have a continuous optimisation feature like the Forza games have - works pretty much flawlessly to keep at 60fps 

• Like 4

On 6/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, HighTowers said:

Pretty much everything has been covered so need to repeat, but agree with most. But would like to reiterate having some intelligence to AI traffic, and airport ground traffic.  If they could be ATC controlled that would be awesome. Alot of things there is some great addons, they just need to be adapted and more robust to be integrated in the new sim.  Like all the work that came from the AIG AI's with all the liveries and variety of aircraft. Truly outstanding. 

But cant believe no one has mentioned the full motion chair with included hydraulics and pneumatics upon purchase of FS2020 shipped to your door.   😄

The Full Motion Chair comes with the Xbox Game Pass 🙂 It's a joke people 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Actually with all the demands in this thread, suddenly the base sim will now cost $1262

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png