Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

Use polls/surveys on the FS Insider website to get a feel for what your customers want. That might make it easier to prioritize areas of development. 

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

On 8/2/2019 at 6:53 PM, SteveW said:

Hopefully a large team of aircraft navigation and coding experts have been locked in an underground facility for the past year or so. And the ATC and AI has been given a bit of a lift.

I heard it was in conjunction with a French company. 

5 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I heard it was in conjunction with a French company. 

Asobo, if the French newspaper Le Monde is to be believed.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Asobo, if the French newspaper Le Monde is to be believed.

Yeah that was it. 🙂 

I don't know much about Asobo, but from what I've seen they have made pretty uninteresting games. If they are working on this, I hope they know what they are doing. 

Edited by martin-w

1 hour ago, Villagedefrance said:

I would like to see the ATC Callsigns for old/defunct airlines to be voiced and not removed.

Many airlines folded after 2001 (some before that) but should be kept for the future of the sim.

Some of these are: TWA, Pan Am, Swissair, Air Afrique, Sabena, Air Gabon, UTA, Air Inter, Laker, ...

Make Orbit Airlines great again! 

Edited by aleex
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, goates said:

Some joysticks are already supported by the Xbox One. Check the vendor's site to see if yours is. Thrustmaster has some, for example.

Well there is only one supported joystick on xbox one the thrustmaster T flight hotas one. That is the only flight joystick supported by xbox one. So i would like to use different types of joysticks like my logitech one or my dads saitek x52. Also it would be a good idea if it was also implemented in wat thunder

Everyone's mileage may vary, but I would like seeing these mouse pointers like what Carenado uses or X-Plane uses when turning knobs, it helps knowing which knob is about to be turned, instead of guessing small mouse clicking areas around knobs. On top of that there could be "Tooltip"-Texts with these saying something like "MHz" or "kHz" to show what is being modified. As not everyone may like this, it should be optional.

Siggy Schwarz

2 hours ago, siggy said:

Everyone's mileage may vary, but I would like seeing these mouse pointers like what Carenado uses or X-Plane uses when turning knobs, it helps knowing which knob is about to be turned, instead of guessing small mouse clicking areas around knobs. On top of that there could be "Tooltip"-Texts with these saying something like "MHz" or "kHz" to show what is being modified. As not everyone may like this, it should be optional.

The mouse motion hints over knobs in XP are good, yes.

And MS, please enforce a single UI standard for how those mouse inputs work! One of the things that drives me batty about XP (although it's still my preferred sim) is the way those inputs are handled differently by different developers.

One aircraft model will will let me turn the knob with the mouse wheel when hovering the indicator over it. Another one makes me hold the mouse button and drag sideways, or up and down. I know this is due to the sim having a long history and some of these features like mouse wheel are only recently supported. But it's still frustrating to have to remember which UI convention each individual aircraft model uses.

Impose one well-designed UI convention for operating rotary knobs and similar controls, and don't let developers get too "creative" with alternatives.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Please include a walk around mode.  Sort of like what P3D has but a bit easier to use.  With aircraft getting more and more detailed, it is always nice just to walk around them and look at them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, martin-w said:

I don't know much about Asobo, but from what I've seen they have made pretty uninteresting games. If they are working on this, I hope they know what they are doing. 

A Plague Tale seems to be very well received: http://www.asobostudio.com/news/plague-tale-accolade-trailer.

• Like 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

• Better time compression
    • No limits, even when on autopilot
    • Fix large aircraft "wobbling" while time compression is on
  • Better default aircraft (quality>quantity)
    • Hi-res virtual cockpits
    • Even though I said quality over quantity, a wider range of default aircraft would be appreciated
  • Good performance on low end machines
  • Better flight "replays"
    • In FSX, the replays were extremely buggy (didn't work with some addons, if you were replaying to the ground then FSX would "slam" your aircraft onto the ground, etc.)
    • More frequent recording "intervals" (in FSX, the time between recording intervals caused replays on smaller aircraft to seem janky)
    • Have the replays work on flight surfaces (in FSX the replays did not record data on control surfaces, so if say you were pitching up everything would look weird since the elevators would stay still)
  • Better multiplayer
    • Do I even need to bring up how bad default FSX multiplayer is?
  • Better default sounds

Basically, just make the default vanilla experience better.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Flights start by default on parking area.
  • An inclinometer ball that is not all over the place when turning, slipping and skidding.
  • A magnetic compass that is all over the place when not in straight & level flight.
  • COM radios with three decimals.
  • VOLMET.
  • Traffic-pattern direction information for uncontrolled airfields. Preferably with markings on the ground. Airport info (map) will do.
  • Working windsocks.
  • Inversions.
  • Frontal fog.
  • Icing.
  • Increase of wind speed and direction at altitude.
  • Anabatic and katabatic winds, turbulence over mountain tops, lenticular clouds.
  • Turbulence and gusts near buildings and small woods in stronger winds.
  • More difficult ground handling of light aircraft in stronger winds.
  • Ground loops in taildraggers.
  • Pronounced stalls for airplanes that have them irl.
  • Wind speed & direction, different surfaces, elevation, weight and runway slope affecting takeoff- and landing roll distances. Water-assisted landings.
  • Realistic behavior of flying boats and seaplanes on water surfaces in different wind-/wave conditions. 
  • Damage simulation (e g landing gear on hard landings) instead of crashing/no crashing.
  • Modelled blackouts, redouts, lack of oxygen. 
  • Ultralight aircraft incl weight-shift and autogyro.
  • Vintage airplanes.
  • Helicopters with realistic flight models.
Edited by dilore
  • Upvote 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

For non-photogrametry cities, different autogen for each region of the world (7 or 8 regions might be enough to cover the entire globe)

- Northern Europe

- Southern Europe

- Eastern Europe

- US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand

- Central and South America

- Africa

- Middle East

- Asia

The 18 pages of 'What we Want' asks for a perfect sim, in every visual and functional sense.

I'd love to read the 'What we Got' list in 2020  

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I'd love to read the 'What we Got' list in 2020  

Good point!

If we get even half of the both the visual and functional improvements suggested in this thread, I'd be amazed.
Doesn't stop me hoping we get nearly all of them though!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter