Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Comment from PMDG

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

It's possible to walk that tightrope. Air combat sims and car racing sims have done it for years. You make a deep-level sim at the core, and present the more basic level as the default, with a plethora of option settings that let more advanced/realistic users drill down and enjoy the deep simulation.

To me, that's what the appeal of FSX (and previous versions of FS) always was. They showed that it was possible to have both simplicity and high fidelity. A perfect mix really, and add-on support let us have the high fidelity we wanted. Hopefully it's no different this time around.

Brandon Filer

16 hours ago, Mengy said:

I still don’t like how Microsoft hasn’t even talked to any third party devs about the new sim yet,

you and many others including myself DO NOT KNOW who MS has talked to yet . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Looking at the vid from airventure show they have talked to third party`s but with NDAs in place so you will not know who is onboard. 

For all we know they may make a surprise appearance at the UK Cosford show in October. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Why would the new simulator be any different from the successful model FSX followed?

PMDG have built the majority of their business on Microsoft or derivatives of Microsoft developed products. So I'm not sure why PMDG give Microsoft such a bashing. In the end PMDG will follow the market. I would have thought they would be delighted as they can charge me for the SAME plane for the third time!

Edited by rocketlaunch
  • Like 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

2 hours ago, rocketlaunch said:

So I'm not sure why PMDG give Microsoft such a bashing. In the end PMDG will follow the market. 

Are you sure they are not a charity? Reading some comments i thought PMDG was that!

Jokes aside, they can do some "careful" bashing for the simple reason that right now they already have a working market in P3D. If P3D didn't exist and they didn't switch to XP either, you can be hella sure that their tone would be quite different.
Either way, since they are indeed a business, they wwill follow the market at the right time for them as you rightfully said

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

On 8/7/2019 at 4:23 PM, domkle said:

Well, the last time the big and powerful company « underegged » the cottage industry, it was not an overall success, was it 😉 ? 

Which was when? I very much doubt Microsoft’s success with the new flight simulator will be down to whether they’ve spoken to pmdg or not. Or any of the add on developers. 

Just faod, I enjoy the work of many of these developers, but I think their importance is overstated on this forum - which in itself is not particularly surprising. This is a company that could quite easily just create a team 5 times bigger than pmdg on Monday morning to bash out some deep level 737s, if they thought it was vital to the success of their sim in the broader market. 

This is all slightly irrelevant anyway given the impression they are giving so far in terms of wanting to engage with 3PDs. 

• Upvote 2