Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby LiveTraffic 1.50 available

Hello @ll,

LorbyLiveTraffic has been updated to version 1.50 b02, and is available in the DOWNLOADS section of the Lorby-SI website (bottom of the page).

Starting with this version, aircraft will taxi in to a (more or less random) gate in "Live" mode too. They can't taxi out, because of how transponders are handled in the real world - the signal is picked up way too late to allow a taxi from the gate to the runway - most transponders are switched on just before take off.

Also in this version there is the option to populate the airports with static aircraft automatically, using either the airport parking codes or, if those aren't available, the actual traffic around the airfield.

For best results, having a subscription for "RealTraffic" by InsideSystems is recommended. LLTX still has a connection to an entirely cost free datasource too, but note the restrictions mentioned in the LLTX manual.

This app is still in experimental status. I will most likely continue tinkering with it, and any input from users is welcome.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

...also, since this is "experimental", there may be updates on short notice that aren't immediately announced. Please make sure to always download the latest version.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

the actual traffic around the airfield.

Is this the live, real world traffic which will be used?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

14 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Is this the live, real world traffic which will be used?

Yes.

Admittedly, using the flying traffic to create static planes is not accurate in any way. And it is heavily randomized too, since the app cannot know which aircraft will actually be there - so it picks a random model of the same airline. 

These static aircraft are just for show, so the airport doesn't look so empty.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

With the latest version of RealTraffic, I am getting 0 traffic in LiveTraffic. Traffic is showing in RealTraffic itself. Others have reported a similar problem using PSXseecon, i.e. 0 traffic in PSXseecon. Please confirm what you are seeing and if you are using the latest version of RealTraffic.

Same here. realtraffic is seeing the traffic but it's not being injected in the Sim. 7.1.70.

Log:

No Traffic?
21:10:17 Live: 0, Parked: 0
21:19:00 QNH: 1013
21:24:28 Live: 0, Parked: 0
21:30:20 QNH: 1011
21:32:00 QNH: 1013
21:24:28 Live: 0, Parked: 0
21:35:00 QNH: 1012
21:37:40 QNH: 1013
21:34:08 Live: 0, Parked: 0

Edited by Adrian123

Hi,

I have been testing the LLTX app with RT for two weeks now, last time about 8 hours ago - it always worked fine. My usual playgrounds are EDDM, LIRF, EDDF. LLTX takes about half a minute until traffic starts, and several minutes to settle down after that.

Does OpenSky show traffic? Are there parked aircraft created by LLTX (they don't show up as AI traffic)? Logfiles (Documents/LorbyLiveTraffic Files - what Adrian123 describes sounds more like an internal error or corrupted model database)? Did you scan your scenery library (click on the globe)?

Can't confirm the RT version just now, I will check later today.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

All is well now with RealTraffic 7.2.71. It would appear that there were bugs in the previous release which prevented aircraft from showing in Lorby LiveTraffic.

One further thing, I note that default World Travel A320s are bleeding into the AI traffic. What could be the cause of this? I have trafficAircraft.bgl switched off in Prepar3D v4.5 which I would have thought should stop all such traffic. Is Lorby LiveTraffic grabbing default AI aircraft to fill any gaps?

Edited by LecLightning56

35 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Is Lorby LiveTraffic grabbing default AI aircraft to fill any gaps?

Yes. You can prevent that from happening with the checkbox "Remove default liveries".

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

I really love this program.

Thank you for the new features.

I use UT Live, and generally have it set to 30 aircraft (to get traffic at an airport) and in AI mode, your program then provides the bulk of inflight traffic. It works well like this with PF3.

I tried using the static mode; and I switched off UT Live to do so. I noticed a few things... I did this at WSSS and -

1. The majority of static aircraft did not park properly at the stands (i.e. they were along way from the stop bar or too far forward);

2. A static aircraft parked at my position so it sat on top of me; and 

3. The static aircraft seemed to exclusively A320’s from Tiger or Silk Air with two SQ A380’s as opposed to a wider variety.

Can I stress that this is just for feedback, I would never complain about a free program and I recognise that Static AI is new, and just wanted to say what happened when I tried.

If I could make also make a suggestion - I use Real Traffic and “generally” my observations are that traffic “captures” or “appears” at 120nm so I would not mind an option for the auto mode that the maximum radius can be either the current 80nm or 120nm. This then preserves the 15nm on the ground as opposed to having 120nm set not using the auto mode.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,

Mark

Hello Mark,

1. is that WSSS scenery addon or default? If addon, which one is it? The information where a gate is, is taken directly from your scenery database. A static aircraft that is created in that position will be aligned with this geographic location, using its datum reference point (= the 0,0,0 point of the 3D model). There are 3D models, where this DRP is not at the center of the model, so those will probably not align terribly well. I am still looking for a better way to park them, maybe something will come up eventually. AIG OCI are generally parking pretty well.
  2. Oh, OK, I didn't think of that. Not a problem.
  3. What static aircraft are created depends on the airport scenery. If it has airline parking codes, then those will be used to populate the stands. So if that scenery has predominantly codes for those airlines, it will pick those models. If the scenery doesn't have parking codes, LLTX will analyze the traffic around you and create the static aircraft based on that. Should I make this optional, so you can force one behavior or the other?

Range: The problem with that is, that the simulator tends to delete simobjects around the 80nm mark, especially in Simulator AI mode. Only in live mode would the aircraft stay alive - maybe. So I settled for the minimum range where I know that the aircraft will actually be visible, to avoid complaints about airliners vanishing in mid air...

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Re point 1 my Static AI “try” was at Imaginesim’s WSSS, so not default. When I ran 1.50 for the first time, it did completely rebuild the scenery / runway database. 

Re point 3 I was using the PMDG 777 in Singapore Airlines repaint, but got mainly Silk Air, Tiger A320’s, one or two Air Asia A320’s and two Singapore Airlines A380’s as static AI. I would have thought most gates would have been SQ aircraft but it may be a product of this particular scenery. From memory, the airborne aircraft (generated by Real Traffic and LLTX as UTL was tabbed off) were Silk Air, Tiger and Air Asia, with one Qantas A380 so maybe LLTX was working as intended if there are no parking codes at Imaginesim’s WSSS? Maybe we sit on our hands and I fly some more from some of my other usual airfields as I am cognisant that this was only the first try with the new feature.

Re range, copy and understood, makes sense! 

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi, great programme, many thanks

1.50b02 using AIG models, I am regularly seeing LLT throw an error Webservice-Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object? any clues as to where the issue may be?

thanks

1 hour ago, kand said:

Hi, great programme, many thanks

1.50b02 using AIG models, I am regularly seeing LLT throw an error Webservice-Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object? any clues as to where the issue may be?

thanks

Hi,

what datasource are you using? OpenSky or RealTraffic? Any indication in what situation the error happens?

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

HI,

realtraffic is the data source

I was AI spotting over LHR and every time after around 5 minutes the error gets thrown.

I am wondering whther it relates to the AIG simobjects so I am running a full reinstall but FWIW i didnt have this issue last night over KMCO so doubt it is this