Sign in to follow this  
Kodiakman9

Release date of Ms 2020

It's time to publish a rough long-term plan. Also gladly without obligation. 

I hope for it every week on Thursday, and I'm always a little disappointed afterwards. 

I finally want certainty about it

when MSFS is released where would we be able to buy it and download it? i know it is going to use a external server dos that mean a subscription will be required to use it in its full glory?🛩️

11 minutes ago, boeingcorp said:

when MSFS is released where would we be able to buy it and download it? i know it is going to use a external server dos that mean a subscription will be required to use it in its full glory?🛩️

it has already been confirmed that there will be no subscription.

Edited by Deleted

ok thanks this is a totally different world for flight simulation for everybody downloading scenery data as you fly i started my journey many moons ago with Bruce Artwick SubLogic FS2 and it helped me tremendously to get my real world pilot license, trying not to date myself

I almost bought a new PC yesterday due to Alpha. But even after the purchase ($ 2000), there is no guarantee of getting into the Alpha. 

There is no release yet, not even roughly. Can also be in 2021.

GPU can be much cheaper to release msfs. I thought about it and then decided against buying it. 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:55 PM, Deleted said:

it has already been confirmed that there will be no subscription.

I’d be happy to stand corrected but to my knowledge, the only thing the designing team has ever said is that they didn’t want subscription. And they are most probably not in charge of the pricing policy.

We don’t know yet.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 minutes ago, Deleted said:

I almost bought a new PC yesterday due to Alpha. But even after the purchase ($ 2000), there is no guarantee of getting into the Alpha. 

GPU can be much cheaper to release msfs. I thought about it and then decided against buying it. 

You made a good decision. I didn’t even updated my PC (RAM) for it. Once we know the game recommended specs we can aim for a good PC for it. But now? It’s totally crazy to update or buy a PC just for an alpha... 

Edited by aleex
  • Like 1

They said the SDK would be given to 3pds 6 months before release.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

18 minutes ago, domkle said:

I’d be happy to stand corrected but to my knowledge, the only thing the designing team has ever said is that they didn’t want subscription. And they are most probably not in charge of the pricing policy.

We don’t know yet.

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/tecnologia/hablan-creadores-del-flight-simulator-2020-nid2318927

How are they going to market it? Is it going to be a monthly fee, like Netflix, or will it have a single price?

-We still don't have all the details, but what I can tell you now is that there will definitely be a way to buy the simulator like any other simulator before. But it will also become part of the Game Pass subscription plan for Xbox and PC, which gives access to 100 games for those platforms. So there will be two ways to get the FS2020 . What is not going to be is a subscription plan only for the FS2020 .

-If I want to have access to the maps and all the features, do I have to use the Game Pass model?

-Do not.

-What is the difference between the two marketing models?

-The subscription is for those who want to have access to other games for Xbox or PC.

- Suppose I just want the simulator. If I buy anything more than the FS2020, do I also have access to streaming maps and other features?

-Exact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krakin said:

They said the SDK would be given to 3pds 6 months before release.

SDK is in alpha now. Release has not yet been given a date.

20 hours ago, Deleted said:

Good. Don't get mad.

Why not appreciate a polished game in its full glory rather than hunting bugs? 🙂

Who knows when it actually gets released and what specs you need. Better wait till you have certainty before you invest money for nothing.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Hi to all

Reading more about MSFS2020 than actually  simming, but thats ok as i need to learn about what hardware etc. etc. i need to get in future. (The more i read the more confused i get

Multi cores, multi threads, Vram, clock speeds, base clock, turbo boosts, RAM, AMD vs Intel, all the different GPU card numbers, 1060, 1650, 2070, 2080, 5500 , 5600 , 5700 .....

Too much for one human being, my hat off too the guys and girls which all know this  things about computers, and in their sleep too.

BIG question for me, if the sim gets released ,  do any one know if the base download will  be available on cd or not.

As i dont have uncapped internet it is a big worry for me

3 hours ago, ILSFREAK said:

BIG question for me, if the sim gets released ,  do any one know if the base download will  be available on cd or not.

As i dont have uncapped internet it is a big worry for me

This is a good question for people having a capped or extra-slow connecton.  I suppose they could sell the sim base on a couple of blu-rays but nobody really knows. And, unfortunately, I don't know of any AAA game sold on physical media these days.

As for the technical language, it comes with practice. People around here are always ready to help on a specific question. That is the good side of it. The bad side is that you could have as many answers as people ready to help.   😏.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

At domkle

To first reply. I am really screwed then. Maybe go to an internet shop and ask them if they could do the download for me on my external and then copy it over to my NEW rig

My oldest son is in America now, i will ask his advice too, byt I know he has given up on his dad ( i think) because I am really  too stupid with these things.

Technical language? Yes , there are people that will assist, and I am very gratefull, its just so akward to ask ask questions that seem to be so  OBVIOUS (to most people any way)

But thanks , appreciate all