Sign in to follow this  
Kodiakman9

Release date of Ms 2020

26 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Date could be published this week? (Timeline)
I hope, at least on a slightly closer time

The timeline they refer to on the roadmap is the timeline for their Tech Alpha Program. They will probably give dates to when they will start sending invitations and which phases it will have.

Better to carry on enjoying the flight simulator that you have now than waste time and energy speculating about the release date of one that could be over a year away.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 8/24/2019 at 12:01 PM, overspeed3 said:

To quote the venerable Donald Rumsfeld: "We don't know what we don't know"  

Yes, and "We have to go to war with the flight sim we have."

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I currently have no other simulator. It has always been too laborious to reinstall everything for the last few years. Shortly before E3 I wanted to buy the P3d. That's why I can not wait. I hope to at least read the words "Q2 / 2020" soon.  

But if there is no release date by the end of October, I'll probably buy p3d first, because it will probably be Q4 or later.

Edited by Pitbull2504

April 1st 2020. "None of this was in game footage .. fooled ya!"

Let's hope not.

I would guess E3 2020 in June, also based on them starting to do marketing about a year prior to that.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:27 AM, Flamingpie said:

Somewhere between october 2019 and december 2020.

Get your mind off of November and December.  That's when games that aren't like Call of Duty get sent out to die. October for the latest.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I seldom join in forum topics like this but from what I've seen so far I'd like to make some predictions, for what it's worth and they're only my opinions.  This also comes from the questions MS asked when trying to become a beta tester.

1) When released you will download a launcher app.

2) When the launcher is run you will be required to set up an Xbox live membership and pay an Xbox Gold fee of $40 a month (more or less).

3) When you're in the new sim you will be presented with a map of where and what you want to fly.

4) MS will then stream everything as you fly.

5) There will be many in-app purchases, micro transactions ala EA.

6) In order to fly a "complex" aircraft, if indeed there even is such a thing in this sim, you will be required to pay through the in-app purchase system.

7) It will be mostly eye candy.

8) Making it available for the Xbox will make it lose a lot of credibility with serious simmers (in my opinion) because it will seem like they're pushing a game and not a serious sim.

9) If it's aimed at kids on the Xbox it will fail because of their limited attention span and need for an endorphin release with games like Halo for example, there won't be such a release with a flight simulator.

10) Microsoft could potentially litigate with Lockheed over the licensing of P3D.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing MSFS 2020 in any way, these are simply my observations.  I may be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.  I think it's refreshing to see a new sim enter the market as competion is a very good thing for this hobby.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

LOL... I'm baaack

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It will definitely be showcased at E3 2020 in Early May for PC and the new Xbox Scarlett…  released at some points after that.

Eastern Time, Sept 21, 9:37 and 47 seconds.  No wait 46 seconds.

No, 47 seconds.

This thread wins the award for dopiest topic.

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

5 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

😎 Making it available for the Xbox will make it lose a lot of credibility with serious simmers (in my opinion) because it will seem like they're pushing a game and not a serious sim.

9) If it's aimed at kids on the Xbox it will fail because of their limited attention span and need for an endorphin release with games like Halo for example, there won't be such a release with a flight simulator.

Serious simmers did not exist when the first flight simulators were published.  Where did these serious simmers come from?  Besides, for every Serious Simmer who doesn't buy MSFS there will be some thousands of casual gamers who will be curious, some will go on to become serious simmers themselves.

It's not only kids who play on XBox.  My daughter in law is 40 and prefers the XBox to a computer.  Besides, "kids" can enjoy a flight sim as well, as long as it has activities they can relate to.  I just turned 70 and I'm looking forward to the activities.  I do not play XBox. 🙂 

I once got my 16 year old nephew playing Microsoft Flight.  He enjoyed it, and may have even gotten into it after a while.  He did one free flight in the Icon.  His only real comment:  "When I crashed into that building the plane should have fallen apart."  We won't be seeing that in MSFS.

Some of your other points are valid.

I predict October 2020 as a release date.  

I just found out that a sequel to a book I really liked will be published about the same time.  Life is good:  a new flight sim and a new book to read in the same month. 🙂  Of course, if the previous book becomes a TV series (unlikely but someone bought the rights) then the new book will be delayed.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Star date 2026.1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Exactly 1 week before the day I will uninstall it for the 1st time! Sharp!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...