Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Aug. 29th : the dash vid

At least what looks like an in-game vid. Flight simulator action ! Love that one

The good (I even might say the impressive good) : the rain, the final glare, the feeling of flight

The bad : the transition from the cloud/mist  needs a serious revisiting

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, domkle said:

At least what looks like an in-game vid. Flight simulator action ! Love that one

The good (I even might say the impressive good) : the rain, the final glare, the feeling of flight

The bad : the transition from the cloud/mist  needs a serious revisiting

What people is thinking is the cloud transition, I think it's just the reflections. The glass reflecting/refracting something inside the cockpit.

• Upvote 4

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

What people is thinking is the cloud transition, I think it's just the reflections. The glass reflecting/refracting something inside the cockpit.

Yeah I think I agree with you, it's reflections.  If it was a fog/cloud transition then it would be moving much faster across the canopy due to the aircraft's speed.  The more likely source is reflections due to ray tracing.

Now, are the reflections over exaggerated, or are they realistic?  I'm not sure as I've never flown in a canopy plane doing loops like that, LOL!  Either way it's a sweet vid with some very nice effects being shown off, and I love the way it looks.

• Upvote 1

Impressive immersion but is it me or the cockpit instruments are not functional (yet) as far as I could see. 

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Yep the instruments aren't working yet, the picture file name states as such.  Keep in mind though this pic is from a February alpha build, that's over half a year ago.  It's amazing how good it looks considering how old the pic is development wise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mengy said:

Yep the instruments aren't working yet, the picture file name states as such.  Keep in mind though this pic is from a February alpha build, that's over half a year ago.  It's amazing how good it looks considering how old the pic is development wise.

Besides the eye candy (rain) I was impressed by the feeling « of being there ». The first real flightsim teaser we've seen so far. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I would put money on this being a reflection. The light is particularly intense along the horizon due to the low sun/cloud, it also exhibits multiple colours/shapes expected from a reflection.

I wonder if the solar plant off to the left of the race track also reflects light, that would be fantastic!

Edited by viz

Bernard

12 minutes ago, Mengy said:

Ah did not notice the details you mentioned. But the immersion is impressive. We feel for the first time in a sim that we are exposing a flying object to the stress of the dynamic forces in the skies.

I just went to the insider page again and I wonder how did you guess the video file name as well as the build date 🙂

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

13 minutes ago, domkle said:

Besides the eye candy (rain) I was impressed by the feeling « of being there ». The first real flightsim teaser we've seen so far. 

Agree. It's the feeling of total immersion that did it for me, I just felt like I was in a plane. My daughter watching the video next to me just said "Wow"

Edited by Turpentine
typo

4 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

I just went to the insider page again and I wonder how did you guess the video file name as well as the build date 🙂

It's in the page source 😉

feb_build_non_active_dash

• Like 2

Bernard

6 hours ago, domkle said:

At least what looks like an in-game vid.

???

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

A stunning video indeed, I'm thinking this could be Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the Brickyard. Certainly a location one would imagine to have been the subject of much aerial photography over the years,  as well as Aerobatic Displays

Edited by James Britnell
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This clip has most probably been made with Track IR or VR.

But the feeling of stress, flying and "being there" is due to the vibrations, the simple fact you can feel them is not made by VR or TrackIR but it's an in-game camera feature, which is great.

I wonder how we will be able to push the cockpit buttons in such situations or in turbulences, but I prefer that over the boring static camera we are used to in the current sims.

Edited by Noooch