Sign in to follow this  
wesleychang42

September 12th Update (Prerelease Discussion)

Update threads for upcoming updates usually get locked until the update actually gets released. However, many people still want to discuss about expectations about upcoming updates, so I created this topic so that those people have a place to talk. After the update gets released, discussion can move to an "official" update thread. Until then, this is an open discussion thread about today's upcoming update. If any moderator thinks that this is a bad idea, feel free to shut this topic down.

(Also keep the "Is the update out yet?" posts to a minimum)

Web Post Timing – For those of you ”across the pond” and in time zones not “PST” – we are working to deliver our updates earlier in the day. So look for earlier post times starting in September.  

I expected an update earlier, it's almost 12am here and due to work tomorrow I should go to sleep.

10 minutes ago, wesleychang42 said:

(Also keep the "Is the update out yet?" posts to a minimum)

When did the August update come out?

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
August

I'm excited because this time we should see some screenshots and/or videos from the latest build.

Team will continue to post throughout the development timeline and we expect to mix in current build content in our next update!

Edited by dtrjones

2 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

When did the last update come out?

Timestamps from the August 29th update thread show that the previous update was released around 7:30PM Eastern Standard Time (23:30 UTC)

• Upvote 1

The Discussion about the upcoming updates about updates has been discussed for weeks.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I'm done refreshing the page for tonight, I'll just look at it tomorrow morning.

Enjoy all, hope it's an informative one this time!

Apologies to those folks living outside the PST time zone. We’re trying to improve the timing of our posts and clearly we’ve got more work to do but we’ll get there… eventually. We’re not stalling, we swear it.

TECH ALPHA RECRUITING IS NOW OPEN!  HEAD INTO THE INSIDER AREA.

If you’re interested in participating in the upcoming Tech Alpha release, please make sure to sign into the Insider Area and follow the registration link.

On September 19th, we will be releasing more information on the Tech Alpha build goals and release timeline.

On September 26th, we will be releasing the preview for our Feature Discovery Series.

A preview release of version #1.10DRR of the Development Roadmap has been posted in the Insider Area. We’ve added dates for October and will be adding November deliverables over the next few weeks. So expect another rev of the Development Roadmap by the end of September.

Next update September 19th.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

• Like 1

There's nothing at all other than a link to sign up for the alpha, and for me at least the link brings up a blank screen.

I stand corrected, I think there are two new small videos.

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

6 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

There's nothing at all other than a link to sign up for the alpha, and for me at least the link brings up a blank screen.

I stand corrected, I think there are two new small videos.

You must be logged.

New videos:

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/EarlyDA62testapproach.mp4?_=1
https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/EarlyStallTesting.mp4?_=2
https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/LakeTekapoApril.mp4?_=3
https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/BaltimoreMay.mp4?_=4

• Like 1

A couple of things I noticed right off the bat,

From the stall test video: 

• Displays are now functional.
  • Compass dip is modeled accurately